ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tao
Newly Registered

Post by Tao » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:39 pm

Babatha wrote:My application was refused on Saturday :(

The reasons were that I haven't been with my partner long enough, I didn't prove that I have no ties to my home country, and that I didn't meet the requirements that constitute private life. Even though i've been living here for 8 years, since I was 14 >.>

Stupid.

Anyways! I was just wondering if anyone knows whether they help pay for your travel back home? Obviously I haven't been able to work so I don't have any money to voluntarily leave!
Hi Sorry to hear that your application has been refused. There is an organisation that helps people to return to their countries. They sponsor with plane tickets and a small amount of money to settle back in your country. They helped a friend of mine 2 years ago.

http://www.iomlondon.org/contactus.htm

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Post by Choc-Ice » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:29 am

Hi guys,

I have seen a few petitions here and there :D :D . Can members please help sign this one too..Very close to 10,000 signatures! Remember "There is strength in numbers and those numbers come in pounds" (Mike Berry).

http://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/t ... my-husband
IMpossible is 2 letters to long!

pepper04

Post by pepper04 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:21 pm

Babatha wrote:My application was refused on Saturday :(

The reasons were that I haven't been with my partner long enough, I didn't prove that I have no ties to my home country, and that I didn't meet the requirements that constitute private life. Even though i've been living here for 8 years, since I was 14 >.>

Stupid.

Anyways! I was just wondering if anyone knows whether they help pay for your travel back home? Obviously I haven't been able to work so I don't have any money to voluntarily leave!
Hi Babatha

Im sorry to hear about your case, im not an expert at all when it comes to immigration however i know you feel deflated and probably want to give up but i do think if you and your partner can afford to use a legal advisor it will be worth finding out what they think and they might be able to give you advice on how to proceeed.

It doesnt have to cost a fortune, my solicitor cost me 400 i know it seems a lot but this could make a big difference. Take a couple of days out to process this but dont let this get you down. Good luck!!! :)

babycakes

Still waiting

Post by babycakes » Wed May 01, 2013 8:35 am

Application submitted 20.04.12
Acknowledgement:29.04.12
Biometric:25.05.12
Mp wrote on the 7th September again in December 12 and again in April!

Still waiting.

justice12
Algeria

Re: Still waiting

Post by justice12 » Wed May 01, 2013 10:31 am

babycakes wrote:Application submitted 20.04.12

Still waiting.
The seem time line as you ! applied 2 weeks before you , ( British wife +British baby ) can you tell us on what basis have you applied ? good luck

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed May 01, 2013 12:31 pm

Today makes 2 months since ive done bio and still no news, sighhhhhh... really hoping for a breakthrough this month.... Im thinking of asking them back for my children british passport,any advise?

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Wed May 01, 2013 12:51 pm

justice12 wrote:

Still waiting.
The seem time line as you ! applied 2 weeks before you , ( British wife +British baby ) can you tell us on what basis have you applied ? good luck

Extension previous 3 years expired may 2012, before I was an overstayer for 7 years.

Married with an 8 year old child, even thought my husband and I are now separated.
So this application is based on my daughter.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed May 01, 2013 2:40 pm

babycakes wrote:
justice12 wrote:

Still waiting.

Extension previous 3 years expired may 2012, before I was an overstayer for 7 years.

Married with an 8 year old child, even thought my husband and I are now separated.

Wow its been a year since your waiting to renew your visa ukba are really piss takers :evil: ... Hope you hear some good news soon...

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Wed May 01, 2013 3:46 pm

sanny26 wrote:
babycakes wrote:
justice12 wrote:

Still waiting.

Wow its been a year since your waiting to renew your visa ukba are really piss takers :evil: ... Hope you hear some good news soon...

Yes I know, silly people I have been here almost 12 yrs my daughter is 8 yrs old so I don't get what the problem is either way I am ready for them, silly people what can they be deciding for over a year?

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Wed May 01, 2013 3:47 pm

babycakes wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
babycakes wrote:
justice12 wrote:

Yes I know, silly people I have been here almost 12 yrs my daughter is 8 yrs old so I don't get what the problem is either way I am ready for them, silly people what can they be deciding for over a year?[/quote

How do i complain to the ombudsman ?

pepper04

Post by pepper04 » Wed May 01, 2013 3:53 pm

babycakes wrote:
babycakes wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
babycakes wrote:

Yes I know, silly people I have been here almost 12 yrs my daughter is 8 yrs old so I don't get what the problem is either way I am ready for them, silly people what can they be deciding for over a year?[/quote

I dont blame you. ive made a complaint too. just waiting to hear from them. its week 2 now so i will wait patiently as they will do whats fair :)

http://www.ombudsman.org.uk/

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Wed May 01, 2013 3:55 pm

Your MP will send you the form to fill it in and send it back to him and he will forward it on your behalf .

pepper04

Post by pepper04 » Wed May 01, 2013 3:58 pm

justice12 wrote:Your MP will send you the form to fill it in and send it back to him and he will forward it on your behalf .
I agre but if your mp is no good like mine trust me you are better off doing it yourself.

My Mp hardly ever emails me back and his Pa never confirms receiving my emails. its frustrating i ve decided to submit my complaint myself, just so you know they will not look at your complaint unless you have made an official complaint to the UKBa and waited the 20 days for a response. If you get a response before the 20 days and you are still not happy with the response. theyn you are ok to complain to the ombudsman

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Wed May 01, 2013 4:09 pm

pepper04 wrote:
justice12 wrote:Your MP will send you the form to fill it in and send it back to him and he will forward it on your behalf .
I agre but if your mp is no good like mine trust me you are better off doing it yourself.

My Mp hardly ever emails me back and his Pa never confirms receiving my emails. its frustrating i ve decided to submit my complaint myself, just so you know they will not look at your complaint unless you have made an official complaint to the UKBa and waited the 20 days for a response. If you get a response before the 20 days and you are still not happy with the response. theyn you are ok to complain to the ombudsman
Making a complaint to the ombudsman will only aggravate your situation with the case workers , they can just refuse your application if you disturb them to much , the HO give them the green light on the human right applications to do whatever they want .

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed May 01, 2013 5:10 pm

babycakes wrote:
justice12 wrote:

Still waiting.

Same here hun im here for 12 years kids are british and ive got a son who is almost 10 so he's due to be register as british citizen,by the time they get back to me probably my son wont need the visa anymore.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed May 01, 2013 5:15 pm

pepper04 wrote:
babycakes wrote:
babycakes wrote:
sanny26 wrote:

I dont blame you. ive made a complaint too. just waiting to hear from them. its week 2 now so i will wait patiently as they will do whats fair :)

http://www.ombudsman.org.uk/
The ombudsman are really good i contact them when ukba took 4 months to send out my bio letter... my mp is contacting ukba at this present moment so im waiting to hear from him,if im unsatisfy with their response i will ask my mp to contact the ombudsman

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Wed May 01, 2013 5:47 pm

justice12 wrote:
pepper04 wrote:

Making a complaint to the ombudsman will only aggravate your situation with the case workers , they can just refuse your application if you disturb them to much , the HO give them the green light on the human right applications to do whatever they want .

Don't be afraid human rights means human rights, not because we choose to live in their country that doesn't give them the right to do as they please. We all have a right to family life.We have all right to expect a decision in a timely manner, after all we have paid for this service it wasn't free.

As long your case is strong and have proper ties they shouldn't refuse you even if they do appeal with over turn their decision.

rec212

Hi

Post by rec212 » Wed May 01, 2013 6:29 pm

I was looking at other immigration websites and noticed that there are many 2013 FLR(o) applicants who got a decision in an average of 30 days after their biometrics. :)

sanny26
Member of Standing

Re: Hi

Post by sanny26 » Wed May 01, 2013 7:02 pm

rec212 wrote:I was looking at other immigration websites and noticed that there are many 2013 FLR(o) applicants who got a decision in an average of 30 days after their biometrics. :)
Can you give me the names of the other immigration websites please?

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed May 01, 2013 7:04 pm

babycakes wrote:
justice12 wrote:
pepper04 wrote:

Don't be afraid human rights means human rights, not because we choose to live in their country that doesn't give them the right to do as they please. We all have a right to family life.We have all right to expect a decision in a timely manner, after all we have paid for this service it wasn't free.

As long your case is strong and have proper ties they shouldn't refuse you even if they do appeal with over turn their decision.

Your so spot on, we pay for this service and at the end of the day we are human beings,immigrants do contribute alot to this country

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Wed May 01, 2013 7:05 pm

Hi rec212

Can u share the websites where u got this info from.
Thanks

rec212

Post by rec212 » Wed May 01, 2013 7:17 pm

sanny26 wrote: Can you give me the names of the other immigration websites please?
www.spammer.com/uk-discussion-f ... app/page/1

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/britai ... e-183.html

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/britai ... 013-a.html

Many new applicants in there got a reply in 1 month after the bio.

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Wed May 01, 2013 8:02 pm

rec212 wrote:
sanny26 wrote: Can you give me the names of the other immigration websites please?
http://www.spammer.com/uk-discussion-fo ... app/page/1

The website you stated are referring to flr (M) those application are marriage applications which are dealt with a lot quicker, also the other is outdated the posts are from last year :(

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Wed May 01, 2013 8:29 pm

babycakes wrote:
rec212 wrote:

The website you stated are referring to flr (M) those application are marriage applications which are dealt with a lot quicker, also the other is outdated the posts are from last year :(
Babycakes you are right.

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Wed May 01, 2013 9:31 pm

Time503 wrote:
babycakes wrote:
rec212 wrote:

Babycakes you are right.

yea even though dispatches did say new applications would be processed first.