ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET M Section 3 (Children Under 18)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

urdankhtola
Newly Registered

SET M Section 3 (Children Under 18)

Post by urdankhtola » Wed May 01, 2013 6:16 pm

I have ILR and My wife is going to apply for ILR on SET (M) as she has switched under FLR (M). We have children under 18 but they all are British Nationals and have British passports.

I am confused as if we need to mention our children in this section as they are not applying as dependents.

The paragraph on form reads "You are required to provide details of any children under 18 who are living with you in the UK, and who are applying
for indefinite leave to remain as your dependants
. "

It says AND which I believe means both conditions should meet. In my case only first condition is met.

Please advise.

Emrah

Re: SET M Section 3 (Children Under 18)

Post by Emrah » Wed May 01, 2013 6:29 pm

urdankhtola wrote:I have ILR and My wife is going to apply for ILR on SET (M) as she has switched under FLR (M). We have children under 18 but they all are British Nationals and have British passports.

I am confused as if we need to mention our children in this section as they are not applying as dependents.

The paragraph on form reads "You are required to provide details of any children under 18 who are living with you in the UK, and who are applying
. "

It says AND which I believe means both conditions should meet. In my case only first condition is met.

Please advise.
Im in the same situation and Im not doing it cos they are already British citizen. Just skip the children under 18.

ajbhatta

Need help on the same section 3.

Post by ajbhatta » Wed May 01, 2013 7:35 pm

My ILR Application is up in June.

Can a moderator provide and answer for this question?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed May 01, 2013 7:39 pm

urdankhtola wrote:I have ILR and My wife is going to apply for ILR on SET (M) as she has switched under FLR (M). We have children under 18 but they all are British Nationals and have British passports.

. "

Please advise.
If your children are British and there are no other children from a previous relationship then you do not need to complete Qs 3.1-3.8. You can include details of British Children in box 3.9.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Wed May 01, 2013 7:46 pm

D4109125 wrote:

. "

Please advise.
If your children are British and there are no other children from a previous relationship then you do not need to complete Qs 3.1-3.8. You can include details of British Children in box 3.9.
do we have to include it or it is up to us?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed May 01, 2013 7:57 pm

Emrah wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

. "

Please advise.
As your children are relevant to your application for the purpose of maintenance (though negated due to child benefit and tax credits) I would include them on Q3.9. You can just state I have x children aged y and they are British Citizens.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Wed May 01, 2013 8:16 pm

D4109125 wrote:
Emrah wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

. "

Please advise.
As your children are relevant to your application for the purpose of maintenance (though negated due to child benefit and tax credits) I would include them on Q3.9. You can just state I have x children aged y and they are British Citizens.
Thanks a lot mate.

BibiCameron
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by BibiCameron » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:10 am

I'm in the same situation with the same exact questions. Could you let me know if your application was successful and if you include in section 3 your British children ? Thank you I advance for your help . We need to apply asap and that's the only question we have .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:12 am

BibiCameron wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:10 am
I'm in the same situation with the same exact questions. Could you let me know if your application was successful and if you include in section 3 your British children ? Thank you I advance for your help . We need to apply asap and that's the only question we have .
Kindly see point 12 in the Forum Rules FAQs link below and refrain from digging up old topics to tag onto.

read-me-getting-started-top-25-faqs (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.