ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa - Spain - PLEASE HELP

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alia84
Newly Registered

Schengen Visa - Spain - PLEASE HELP

Post by alia84 » Wed May 01, 2013 8:51 pm

Hello All,

I wish to apply for a Schengen Visa for my wife and plan to do so in person at the Spanish consulate in Edinburgh.
I have been studying various post and read numerous forums but i cant seem to find the answer to my query - Hopefully you guys can help.

BACKGROUND

- I am a UK national born in Dundee and currently working full time.
- My wife is an Iranian national and is living in the UK on a Spouse Visa which expires in June 2014. She entered the UK in June 2013.
- We both wish to go to Spain for a weeks holiday in the middle of June 2013
- My wife doesn’t have a UK bank account and she doesn’t work. She is studying English and i fully support her financially

QUESTION

Are the following documents suitable when applying for a Schengen visa for my wife:
• Application form
• Our Passport (original & copies)
• Marriage Certificate (original & copies)
• Proof that we are travelling together (Ticket reservation and/or a letter from me confirming this)
• Last three months bank statements (As my wife doesn’t hold a UK bank account, I will be providing my statements)

I have phoned and emailed the Spanish consulate but I cant seem to get a straight answer from them. Has anyone had any recent experiences applying for a Schengen visa for Spain in a similar situation as to me?

Any info or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu May 02, 2013 7:30 pm

No bank statement is required.