ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Born Outside the UK, I need some advice

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

villette
Newly Registered

Born Outside the UK, I need some advice

Post by villette » Wed May 01, 2013 7:29 pm

Hi, I need desperately some advice, I'm british citizen and my husband is british, I had my daughter on broad, in Brazil, now she's 14 months old and we are in England, my daughter has brazilian passport and she came back to england with 6 months old with tourist visa, her visa already expired, Now we don't know what to do! Somebody Help us? Please!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Born Outside the UK, I need some advice

Post by Amber » Wed May 01, 2013 7:45 pm

villette wrote:Hi, I need desperately some advice, I'm british citizen and my husband is british, I had my daughter on broad, in Brazil, now she's 14 months old and we are in England, my daughter has brazilian passport and she came back to england with 6 months old with tourist visa, her visa already expired, Now we don't know what to do! Somebody Help us? Please!
I assume you are a British citizen otherwise than by descent and were so when the child was born and thus your child is British by descent and you can apply for his/her British Passport now.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed May 01, 2013 7:50 pm

Where were you born? Where was your husband born?[/list]

ILR_Applicant_UK

Post by ILR_Applicant_UK » Wed May 01, 2013 9:16 pm

My wife and I became naturalised British citizens back in 2011 - we were both born out of the UK and neither of our parents have British nationality . Our daughter was born in the USA last year. We directly applied for her British passport through the IPS office in Washington. We had to send our original naturalisation certificates along with the passport application.

You should be able to do the same in the UK i.e. apply for her British passport
Last edited by ILR_Applicant_UK on Wed May 01, 2013 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed May 01, 2013 9:22 pm

ILR_Applicant_UK wrote:My wife and I became naturalised British citizens back in 2011. Our daughter was born in the USA last year. We directly applied for her British passport through the IPS office in Washington. We had to send our original naturalisation certificates along with the passport application.

You should be able to do the same in the UK i.e. apply for her British passport
And I assume your daughter is a dual American citizen.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ILR_Applicant_UK

Post by ILR_Applicant_UK » Wed May 01, 2013 9:25 pm

D4109125 wrote:
And I assume your daughter is a dual American citizen.
You assume correctly!!! - tri-national, actually.

villette
Newly Registered

where I born?

Post by villette » Thu May 02, 2013 2:21 pm

Hi I borned in Brazil and live here for 15 years, I'm british citizen and my husband is English, born here in england, my daugther borned in Brazil, but she is here with us with tourist visa.

ILR_Applicant_UK

Post by ILR_Applicant_UK » Thu May 02, 2013 2:49 pm

Villette,

Your daugher is a British Citizen - you could've applied for her British passport while you were in Brazil, and in the 6 months before you travelled to the UK, she would've received it and could have entered the UK without a visa.

You can still do the same, send her passport application (along with Brazilian birth certificate, and documentation proving parents british nationality, which could be your British naturalisation certificate and/or your husband's british passport.

Riz