ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain: do I need to give IELTS test?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

heexists
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to Remain: do I need to give IELTS test?

Post by heexists » Wed May 01, 2013 2:53 pm

I have initially arrived to the UK under HSMP visa in October 2008. Prior getting HSMP Approval letter I gave IELTS test and scored required at that time 6.5.

Now in August I will be applying for ILR. I have already cleared Life in the UK test and I was wondering do I have to give IELTS test once again in order to apply for ILR?!

Emrah

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain: do I need to give IELTS test

Post by Emrah » Wed May 01, 2013 5:31 pm

heexists wrote:I have initially arrived to the UK under HSMP visa in October 2008. Prior getting HSMP Approval letter I gave IELTS test and scored required at that time 6.5.

Now in August I will be applying for ILR. I have already cleared Life in the UK test and I was wondering do I have to give IELTS test once again in order to apply for ILR?!
IELTS exams valid for 2 years only.
Isnt the life in the uk test enough for KNOWLEDGE OF LANGUAGE AND LIFE IN THE UK section?

kami786110
Newly Registered

Post by kami786110 » Wed May 01, 2013 6:59 pm

Life in the UK test satisfies the English Language requirements no further test is required if you are applying in August.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu May 02, 2013 10:05 am

At the moment only LiUK is required for settlement and naturalization BUT from 28 October 2013, applicants in both categories will be required to pass the Life in the UK Test and to hold a B1 (intermediate) level English language speaking and listening qualification.

humble_1
Newly Registered

Post by humble_1 » Fri May 03, 2013 10:47 pm

For the purpose of FLR(M) form, can a spouse produce the Life in the UK result instead of a certificate of English exam? His IELTS was 4 yrs ago. Or he still has to take the ESOL exam for FLR(M)