ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Invite Parents to UK

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

onewin

Invite Parents to UK

Post by onewin » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:18 pm

Hi All,

I got my Tier 1 Ent visa in month of Feb 2013 (psw 50k).
After that till today I have invested GBP 20K in my business.

Now I would like to invite my parents for summer holidays here in UK.

I am not sure how to make documents for same.

Request you to please advice me on this.

BlackBirdSSG
Member of Standing

Post by BlackBirdSSG » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:24 pm

Their applications will be of FAMILY VISIT or TOURIST (not dependants)

Kindly go through the following link:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... /visiting/

In my view, ask them to file for GENERAL VISITOR or TOURIST as it is relatively simple

Firststep
BANNED

Post by Firststep » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:13 pm

They need to apply under Family Visitor visa for sure. Not general or Visit

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:15 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Firststep
BANNED

Post by Firststep » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:37 pm

Visiting family
If you want to visit members of your family in the UK, you can apply to come here as a family visitor (or as a child visitor if you are under 18).
Ref: UKBA website
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... /visiting/

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:19 pm

Can you come to the UK as a family visitor? wrote:Additionally the family member you are visiting must :

be a British citizen;
be settled in the UK;
have been granted asylum in the UK; or
have Humanitarian Protection status.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Firststep
BANNED

Post by Firststep » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:26 am

Its not necessary. If you have resident permit you can invite your parents. I have seen people inviting parents even they are on student visa. Onewin where are your parents at the moment? which Country?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:44 am

Not disputing that anyone may invite/sponsor a visitor. Just clarifying the category of the visitor applications for the OP's parents.

mehulvpatel
Newly Registered

Question to Vinny

Post by mehulvpatel » Thu May 02, 2013 9:42 am

vinny wrote:Not disputing that anyone may invite/sponsor a visitor. Just clarifying the category of the visitor applications for the OP's parents.
Vinny
I am on Tier-1 visa in UK and in past I have sponsored my parents twice (in last 4 years) on 'Family Visit' visa. I am in process of filling their application form however I have noticed on UKBA website that - To be eligible to apply for 'Family visit' Visa, -

Additionally the family member you are visiting must :
be a British citizen;
be settled in the UK;
have been granted asylum in the UK; orhave Humanitarian Protection status.

Hence I am now confused. My parents previous application in 2009 and 2010 have been accepted under family visit but I am not sure if such defination of family member was there at that point of time. Can someboby tell me if this is new requirement recently introduced ( I mean have UKBA taken out Tier-1 persons from family memeber defination recently)...In absense of any guidance I intend my parents to apply under 'general visitor' which seems right to me since I guess they do not qualify for 'family visit visa' as per defination above and also to prepare my sponsor letter wherein I intend to quote above rule as a reason why my parents are applying under 'general visitor' this time contrary to their last two application (just to be safe)...any suggestions please anybody? Vinny? - Mehul

kunaldhande
Newly Registered

Post by kunaldhande » Thu May 02, 2013 10:00 am

-Apply General/tourist visa.

-You have to provide invitation letter saying that they can leave with you and you are going to show them London and other tourist places.

- Tell them to maintain atleast 7000 pounds (6 lacs rupees) in their account.

- They need to show their assets, properties and work certificates if they are working. (leave letter as well for holiday from work)

- I will suggest you not to sponsor your parents.

I have applied for T1E, its still in process.

My parents applied for General/ Tourist visa and they got their visa.

They are in UK now with me. I have done the exact thing.

confused90

Post by confused90 » Thu May 02, 2013 11:03 am

kunaldhande wrote:-Apply General/tourist visa.

-You have to provide invitation letter saying that they can leave with you and you are going to show them London and other tourist places.

- Tell them to maintain atleast 7000 pounds (6 lacs rupees) in their account.

- They need to show their assets, properties and work certificates if they are working. (leave letter as well for holiday from work)

- I will suggest you not to sponsor your parents.

I have applied for T1E, its still in process.

My parents applied for General/ Tourist visa and they got their visa.

They are in UK now with me. I have done the exact thing.
Why would you suggest not to sponsor parents? Any specific reasons?

kunaldhande
Newly Registered

Post by kunaldhande » Thu May 02, 2013 1:29 pm

I suggested because; by using same route my parents got their visa and they are with me now.

my parents came from India. I already knew that they ask for too many documents if I sponsor my parents.

Tourist visa is a easy way to get them here. generally they ask for travel plan hotel booking but if you just give them a letter mentioning that they can stay with you and you will take them to different places; it is acceptable.

If your parents apply for tourist visa it can come within 1-2 weeks; if they apply for family visa they do check alot of things to make sure that they will come back to their country.

confused90

Post by confused90 » Thu May 02, 2013 1:54 pm

kunaldhande wrote:I suggested because; by using same route my parents got their visa and they are with me now.

my parents came from India. I already knew that they ask for too many documents if I sponsor my parents.

Tourist visa is a easy way to get them here. generally they ask for travel plan hotel booking but if you just give them a letter mentioning that they can stay with you and you will take them to different places; it is acceptable.

If your parents apply for tourist visa it can come within 1-2 weeks; if they apply for family visa they do check alot of things to make sure that they will come back to their country.
But as a Tier-1 Entreprenur visa holder, we could call our family as dependants? Even after the checks and all, they'll have an unlimited visa to work also, if they wish

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 02, 2013 11:58 pm

It should be okay to sponsor parents as General visitors.

Note that your parents should declare that you are in the UK.