ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child benefits??

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smkengr

child benefits??

Post by smkengr » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:49 pm

Hi
I am taking child benefits since last September 2012. As I heard when we go beyond £60k annual salary we lose child benefits.
I have recently moved to a new role where my salary is £60+ per anum.
My question is as my wife has got ILR as well so if I shift child benefits to her name would there be any benefit?
Also what is the process of shifting child benefit from husband to wife name?

Many thanks.

Sam

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: child benefits??

Post by Amber » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:00 pm

smkengr wrote:Hi
I am taking child benefits since last September 2012. As I heard when we go beyond £60k annual salary we lose child benefits.
My question is as my wife has got ILR as well so if I shift child benefits to her name would there be any benefit?

Many thanks.

Sam
I assume you are still living together as a couple, if so, then if either of you earn £50k or more the child benefit will start to reduce down to nothing at £60k or more. You could consider making pension contributions so that you stay below the threshold.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:30 pm

Many thanks.

Sam
Im sorry but you are just greedy. you earn 60k + and you are still looking for child benefit. thats shame.

Im earning £14.000 my wife earns £5300 cos of Im earning TOO MUCH HMRC says she gets only £40 child benefit in a week.

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Post by rubina20102010 » Thu May 02, 2013 3:54 pm

Emrah wrote:

Many thanks.

Sam
Im sorry but you are just greedy. you earn 60k + and you are still looking for child benefit. thats shame.

Im earning £14.000 my wife earns £5300 cos of Im earning TOO MUCH HMRC says she gets only £40 child benefit in a week.
Sorry Emrah, but we shouldn't quote him/her greedy. This is HIS/HER rights to take the benefits and earning more money means you're paying more tax.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu May 02, 2013 4:24 pm

at 60K+ I wouldn't be bothered about 100 or so quid a month of child benefit.

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Thu May 02, 2013 11:29 pm

rubina20102010 wrote:
Emrah wrote:

Many thanks.

Sam

Sorry Emrah, but we shouldn't quote him/her greedy. This is HIS/HER rights to take the benefits and earning more money means you're paying more tax.
That is greediness mate he doesnt need that money who would need more money after earning 60k+?
how much can his mortgage be? bills?
he is earning at least £4000 after tax and national insurance.
Me and my wife are not getting even half of his wages after our wages + child benefit and child tax credit.

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Post by rubina20102010 » Thu May 09, 2013 3:52 pm

Well, this is purely based on his education , experience and skills. WHY we are NOT getting 60k+?
To be honest, nobody is stopping us to earn more money, but we don’t skills to get this amount.
My point is this is his rights to take benefits as he is paying more tax as we do.

chelseylewis
Newly Registered

Post by chelseylewis » Tue May 14, 2013 12:25 pm

Many thanks.

Sam
Govt has settled this limit just to classify the " have and have not". now when you fall in the "haves" category then you must not go the further benefits.