ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rec212

Post by rec212 » Wed May 01, 2013 9:48 pm

Guys, You need to sift through the pages, there are people in the same case as ours. I only wanted to share it with you. :)

Also, in this website there are several FLR(o) people who heard from the HO in less than 1 month anyway :)

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Thu May 02, 2013 12:07 am

rec212 wrote:Guys, You need to sift through the pages, there are people in the same case as ours. I only wanted to share it with you. :)

Also, in this website there are several FLR(o) people who heard from the HO in less than 1 month anyway :)
Ok, I is very possible.

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Thu May 02, 2013 9:49 am

wouldnt be surprised anyway if they started processing new applications faster than old ones. Think about it if they start processing the new ones within a couple months they will heavilly skew the statistics making it look like the average processing time hasnt changed.

pepper04

Post by pepper04 » Thu May 02, 2013 2:42 pm

Hi Everyone,

I just had a call from the Ombudsman person and he was very lovely. He said the UKBa are going to fast track my application and get back to me shortly. and he also said i can seek compensation for the inconvenience, and if id like to travel to cotnact them and they will see what they can do. i know some people dont agree with contacting the ombudsman but every government body including the home office are regulated by them so they have to provide a service thats acceptable.

I will update you all when i hear some more. :)

pepper04

Post by pepper04 » Thu May 02, 2013 3:03 pm

Does anyone know where i can get the UKBA compensation claim form. i want my application fees back. they sure as hell havent earnt a penny of it. i cant wait to get my stuff back whatever the outcome is

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Thu May 02, 2013 4:12 pm

@Rec.....thanx for the websites.Seems like they are dealing with the new applications hence the quick response of the biometrics.

@Pepper....I reckon will follow suit though I requested my solicitor to write a letter to the UKBA for an update.Its now more 2months having done bios and this waiting is too long for my liking!

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Thu May 02, 2013 5:42 pm

pepper04 wrote:Does anyone know where i can get the UKBA compensation claim form. i want my application fees back. they sure as hell havent earnt a penny of it. i cant wait to get my stuff back whatever the outcome is
Too right pepper because of these bastards, I can't seek employment, I merely apply for an extension to my 3 yrs stay now I am waiting for over a year.

I will seek compensation too. As I am a part qualified accountant and has lost out not being able to seek employment. What a cheek having people's lives on hold for over a year.

ale001

Post by ale001 » Thu May 02, 2013 7:30 pm

I got this letter from the UKBA today.

Customer Service Unit

North East, Yorkshire and the Humber
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

Letter sent by email: *******

Complaint Ref: ******

Date: 2 May 2013

Dear Mr ******

Thank you for your correspondence received on 23rd April, which we have accepted as a complaint.

Your complaint has been allocated to the relevant business unit, they will investigate your concerns and respond to you directly with their findings. We aim to respond to 95% of complaints within 20 working days of the date your correspondence was received by us. The 20 day target date for your response is 21st May.

If you have provided us with an email address you should receive a response on or before the date above. If we have a postal address for you, please allow up to an additional five working days for receipt.

Please note we will be unable to provide a progress check for your complaint until after the 20 day target date has passed.

The Home Office is totally committed to treating all complaints seriously. I can confirm that the concerns raised in your correspondence will be investigated thoroughly.

Should you have any further queries regarding this complaint, please do not hesitate to contact us using the details above.

Yours sincerely

Mr D Griffin
NEYH Customer Service Unit
Accredited to the Customer Service Excellence Standard
Ale001

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Thu May 02, 2013 8:35 pm

@Alec.....Well,we know what they did and I feel they gonna respond with made -up stastitics.I don't trust them.Let's hope by the time they respond,you would have got a positive answer with docs on the way!

@Baby....Never loose hope,soon u will receive your docs with an extension.Keep the faith!

rec212

Hi

Post by rec212 » Thu May 02, 2013 10:24 pm

It's been nearly a month that I submitted my bio and I am already tired of waiting.

God bless

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Thu May 02, 2013 10:29 pm

@Rec....at least its a month....mine were taken about 10weeks ago.All I can do is pray and hope for the best outcome.

God bless u too!

ale001

Post by ale001 » Thu May 02, 2013 10:53 pm

Keisha wrote:@Rec....at least its a month....mine were taken about 10weeks ago.All I can do is pray and hope for the best outcome.

God bless u too!
This April will be exactly 1 year i submitted my application, i applied in April 2012. I did my Biometric in July 2012

Since then no response.. I'm tired of this waiting
Ale001

rec212

Post by rec212 » Thu May 02, 2013 10:54 pm

ale001 wrote:This April will be exactly 1 year i did my Biometric.. Since then no response.. I'm tired of this waiting
Are you an overstayer?

ale001

Post by ale001 » Fri May 03, 2013 12:56 am

rec212 wrote:
ale001 wrote:This April will be exactly 1 year i did my Biometric.. Since then no response.. I'm tired of this waiting
Are you an overstayer?
No, ex-Asylum applying for protection on Flro
Ale001

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Fri May 03, 2013 8:40 am

@Alec....wow,that's a flippen long wait and hope you get a positive answer.Never give up as all shall be well!

This waiting game is really exercising our patience to the limit....*sighs*

Babatha
Newly Registered

Post by Babatha » Fri May 03, 2013 10:26 am

Just a quick question -

When you get a refusal, is it 28 days to leave the country from the day the letter was received OR the date on the letter?

Thanks very much!

pepper04

Post by pepper04 » Fri May 03, 2013 10:59 am

Keisha wrote:@Rec.....thanx for the websites.Seems like they are dealing with the new applications hence the quick response of the biometrics.

@Pepper....I reckon will follow suit though I requested my solicitor to write a letter to the UKBA for an update.Its now more 2months having done bios and this waiting is too long for my liking!
Hiya

I dont know what the outcome is going to be but id rather know so i can plan ahead. the waiting is driving me crazy and i cant stand it anymore.

pepper04

Post by pepper04 » Fri May 03, 2013 11:01 am

Keisha wrote:@Rec.....thanx for the websites.Seems like they are dealing with the new applications hence the quick response of the biometrics.

Its been 2 months since i did my biometrics as well. ITs insane, they are putting my job in jeaopardy. i work full time, am a single mom and pay over £500 in tax. i just think its disgusting they say immigrants claim this and they claim that. when you do actually contribute you are treated like gum under someone`s shoe. ITs frustrating and im soo angry what they do to us never gets scrutinised.

rec212

Post by rec212 » Fri May 03, 2013 11:54 am

I have just received a refusal with no right to appeal.

They said I did not live in the uk for at least 20 years which is stupid.

They did not consider my private life in the UK at all.

Can I do a reconsideration to my decision? Ombudsman?

I got in touch with my solicitors and MP.

Please help me.
Second FLR(o) sent: 5th June
Acknowledgement: 13th June
Bio dated: 13th June
Bio sent: 27th June
Waiting:...

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Fri May 03, 2013 12:06 pm

rec212 wrote:I have just received a refusal with no right to appeal.

Please help me.
On what basis was your application made? Do you have either British citizen spouse/partner and kids? They are unlikely to reconsider the refusal.

rec212

Post by rec212 » Fri May 03, 2013 12:10 pm

I have a British spouse. I applied on the basis of a private family life under article 8

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Fri May 03, 2013 12:12 pm

rec212 wrote:I have just received a refusal with no right to appeal.

Please help me.
Rec212: I'm so sorry to hear about your refusal, :( I'm sure there's a way to appeal even when they say you can't! What did your solicitor say?? can you kindly share your story, why you are applying and what your next step is??

Quick update: My solicitor now has all my documents and will be sending it off today, he also told me that now applications are being dealt with quickly so fingers crossed for everyone! I can now add my timeline

FLR(O) 2013

Meeting with Solicitor: May/2/13
Application due to be sent: May/3/13
App received by home office: waiting
Payment taken off account: waiting
Biometrics letter received: waiting
Biometrics done: waiting
Final outcome: waiting

Fingers and toes crossed for everyone!

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Fri May 03, 2013 12:31 pm

@Pepper....I feel you doll but reckon u will get a response soon.Don't let this issue be a hinderance despite anxiously waiting for the results.I'm also anxiously waiting and pray all goes well hey!

@Rec....I'm sorry to hear about that and seems like you had a quick response within 2months.Surely,sounds like something is amiss...where does the 20yrs come in now??How long have u been here??

Don't panic,surely there might be a plan and ask solicitor what's another option?

rec212

Post by rec212 » Fri May 03, 2013 12:41 pm

Can a person ask for a reconsideration of the case eventhough there is no appeal?
I have been here for 6 months now.

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Fri May 03, 2013 12:44 pm

rec212 wrote:Can a person ask for a reconsideration of the case eventhough there is no appeal?
I have been here for 6 months now.
I think those with both British spouse and British children are those whose applications are likely to be successful