ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 YEAR RULE FOR IRL

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saqib_26
Newly Registered

10 YEAR RULE FOR IRL

Post by saqib_26 » Thu May 02, 2013 7:25 pm

I have applied for ILR under tier 1 and went on window on 24th of feb,2013. But the case worker withheld my case and asked for additional documents which we submitted on 09th of March,2013. I had a valid visa till 25rd of March 2013 but still i have got no response from UKBA. I am also eligible under 10 years rule for ILR. Today I met a solicitor who told me that if i get refused under HSMP i am not eligible under 10 years rule as i will have no valid visa to switch over ILR under 10 years rule.

My question is that if i get a right of appeal and within the period to appeal we still have legal status , can i apply under 10 years rule then.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Thu May 02, 2013 8:23 pm

looks like that solicitor has no effing knowledge of ILR under 10 year rule, you can apply for ILR in this category anytime you want

even if you dont have a valid LTR or a right to appeal and you submit an application within 28 days (so as not to be branded as an overstayer) then the application will be valid
Manka

brajen

Re: 10 YEAR RULE FOR IRL

Post by brajen » Fri May 03, 2013 9:41 am

saqib_26 wrote:I have applied for ILR under tier 1 and went on window on 24th of feb,2013. But the case worker withheld my case and asked for additional documents which we submitted on 09th of March,2013. I had a valid visa till 25rd of March 2013 but still i have got no response from UKBA. I am also eligible under 10 years rule for ILR. Today I met a solicitor who told me that if i get refused under HSMP i am not eligible under 10 years rule as i will have no valid visa to switch over ILR under 10 years rule.

My question is that if i get a right of appeal and within the period to appeal we still have legal status , can i apply under 10 years rule then.
Hi Sahib, What income sources that you have shown under Tier 1 & What additional documents they asked ?