ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Announcement: Dublin Citizenship Ceremony May 2013

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: Naturalization.. are they really caught up on applicants

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu May 02, 2013 6:09 pm

NewIrish wrote:in other forms people start to complain about the "Huge" number of new Irish taking the jobs and services blah blah ...etc
I dont clearly undertstand your point but I dont know if people will complain about this since most applicants prior to them being Irish Citizens have work permit. What some idiots out there are complaining about and will never stop complaining about is the fact that foreign nationals acquire Irish Citizens. For some reasons it burns them.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

fergy
Newly Registered

Post by fergy » Thu May 02, 2013 6:33 pm

What i meant by registration was the GNiB card. Do people have to keep buying this till there ceremony? say they have one that expired, or they want to travel or they get pulled over . Seems to me they should let people choose if they want to go to a ceremony or get the cert mailed to them.

As for the idiots complaining about taking jobs away... the less that lot knows about citizenship the better.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu May 02, 2013 7:44 pm

fergy wrote:What i meant by registration was the GNiB card. Do people have to keep buying this till there ceremony? say they have one that expired, or they want to travel or they get pulled over .
No people wont pay anything for GNIB card nor renew them anymore because it is taking away from them by the INIS. For most people, the have to be carrying their passports around for control checks, and other places that needs ID.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu May 02, 2013 7:46 pm

fergy wrote:Seems to me they should let people choose if they want to go to a ceremony or get the cert mailed to them.
Exactly, but there is no option for that. In-fact there may not be any option for that for the foreseeable future. Not until Alan Shatter is still the Minister anyway.

sonnyhind
Newly Registered

Post by sonnyhind » Thu May 02, 2013 7:55 pm

I sent the docs immediately next day on 2nd afternoon and i know they reached them on 5th morning. I still havent received my invite, how can that be?

CitationCj2

Post by CitationCj2 » Thu May 02, 2013 8:27 pm

Quick update on my status.

Still no invitation letter for me, but however i email them asking about my status.
Email response was nearly instant, as if the emails just bounced back. ( i wonder whether they have an automated system that can generated the correct reply based on your ref number, as the emails have always been accurate)

You will be invited to May ceremony & the invitation letter will be with you in the next few days.

Thanks
XXX
Citizenship Division

I received the letter on the 1st of march and i sent the docs back on the 4th of March.

cheers

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu May 02, 2013 9:16 pm

sonnyhind wrote:I sent the docs immediately next day on 2nd afternoon and i know they reached them on 5th morning. I still havent received my invite, how can that be?
Have you emailed them yet to confirm?

sonnyhind
Newly Registered

Post by sonnyhind » Thu May 02, 2013 10:08 pm

CitationCj2 wrote:Quick update on my status.

Still no invitation letter for me, but however i email them asking about my status.
Email response was nearly instant, as if the emails just bounced back. ( i wonder whether they have an automated system that can generated the correct reply based on your ref number, as the emails have always been accurate)

You will be invited to May ceremony & the invitation letter will be with you in the next few days.

Thanks
XXX
Citizenship Division

I received the letter on the 1st of march and i sent the docs back on the 4th of March.

cheers
You credit them with too much !!
My belief is that they want to make it known that they prefer dealing with queries on email basis, hence are over compensating in terms of speediness in answering emails. I have got the message and do not bother calling them at all, as they seem to answer all my queries effectively via email.

sonnyhind
Newly Registered

Post by sonnyhind » Thu May 02, 2013 10:09 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
sonnyhind wrote:I sent the docs immediately next day on 2nd afternoon and i know they reached them on 5th morning. I still havent received my invite, how can that be?
Have you emailed them yet to confirm?
I have , ths evening.
Will see what they have to say tomorrow morning.

jomzy27
Newly Registered

Post by jomzy27 » Fri May 03, 2013 8:58 am

my mom just got her invitation today and its on a pink letter not blue XD she'll be attending at 12:00 pm

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri May 03, 2013 9:35 am

jomzy27 wrote:my mom just got her invitation today and its on a pink letter not blue XD she'll be attending at 12:00 pm
Blue is for 10:20am while Pink is for 12:00pm

CitationCj2

Post by CitationCj2 » Fri May 03, 2013 12:02 pm

Got mine this morning too. Blue Paper for 10:20am. :D

Jberces
Newly Registered

Post by Jberces » Fri May 03, 2013 12:46 pm

Mr postman already delivered mail, still no invite...

Mimmi2003
Newly Registered

Post by Mimmi2003 » Fri May 03, 2013 10:36 pm

Quote Jberces: I applied for citizenship December 2011; I also received approval letter on 1 Mar 2013, sent payment and documents on 4 Mar but no invitation letter yet. I emailed them this morning to inquire and got this reply:

You have been included in the ceremony on the 20th May & you should receive your invitation in the coming days.

Jberces, please be patient! Since you have been emailed that you have been included in the ceremony of 20th May, and should receive your invitation in the coming days; just be patient. There are still 'coming days' before the actual date 20th. Best of luck!

Jberces
Newly Registered

Post by Jberces » Fri May 03, 2013 11:15 pm

Mimmi2003 wrote: Jberces, please be patient! Since you have been emailed that you have been included in the ceremony of 20th May, and should receive your invitation in the coming days; just be patient. There are still 'coming days' before the actual date 20th. Best of luck!
Thank u mimmi2003, I believe I have been patient enough since 2011 and like I said I am still waiting. If not for my initiative to email them, I would have had no clue up to this moment. I was not complaining, I was stating a fact that the invite has not arrived. Anyway, this forum has provided so much information during the long wait and I just wish all who are still waiting good luck.

Mimmi2003
Newly Registered

Post by Mimmi2003 » Sat May 04, 2013 1:29 pm

Thank you Jberces for your response. Yes, one can understand indeed! I am sure you will get your letter in this coming week. Do kindly let us know when you get it. Blessings and best of luck to you! Meanwhile, enjoy your weekend.

courny

Post by courny » Mon May 06, 2013 12:20 am

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:A friend of mine that received a letter of intention on the 1st of March has been told that he wont be invited to the 20th of May ceremony.
Ireland and their nonsensical bureaucracy!
lol.

Murt21
Newly Registered

Post by Murt21 » Wed May 08, 2013 11:38 am

Hi guys

I have been waiting for that invitation as well and Am running out of patient, could some one post a correct email address of citizenship department please.

regards

NewIrish

Post by NewIrish » Wed May 08, 2013 12:17 pm

Murt21 wrote:Hi guys

I have been waiting for that invitation as well and Am running out of patient, could some one post a correct email address of citizenship department please.

regards
citizenshipinfo@justice.ie

Murt21
Newly Registered

Post by Murt21 » Wed May 08, 2013 3:43 pm

thanks Newish, I just send them an email, hoping to hear good news off them

Tandor

Post by Tandor » Mon May 13, 2013 8:11 am

Just got a letter inviting me to the 2pm ceremony on the 20th, good luck to everyone else :-)

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Mon May 13, 2013 12:42 pm

Tandor wrote:Just got a letter inviting me to the 2pm ceremony on the 20th, good luck to everyone else :-)
Before there were only 2 ceremonies on the 20th of May. 10:40 am and 12pm something like that. Now 2pm ceremony has surfaced!. Seems like INIS have been reading my comments! :)
Last edited by IntegratedMigrant on Mon May 13, 2013 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Mon May 13, 2013 12:42 pm

I know someone that got invited 2pm today as well.

paddy12
Newly Registered

Post by paddy12 » Mon May 13, 2013 2:43 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:I know someone that got invited 2pm today as well.
hi all i got an email from citizenship department on last thursday saying that i am scheduled for May 20th ceremony and i will be getting my invitation letter within few days as i inquired about attending the 20th ceremony but till now i didnt get any invitation letter.just wondering if is there still hope that i will be attending the ceremony or not cos Monday gone and time is short

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Mon May 13, 2013 3:07 pm

paddy12 wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:I know someone that got invited 2pm today as well.
hi all i got an email from citizenship department on last thursday saying that i am scheduled for May 20th ceremony and i will be getting my invitation letter within few days as i inquired about attending the 20th ceremony but till now i didnt get any invitation letter.just wondering if is there still hope that i will be attending the ceremony or not cos Monday gone and time is short
I suggest you mail them again because they may have sent you the letter and it may had happened to be lost somewhere?

Emailing INIS now will give you the best idea as to if you'll be yet to be invited or you have already been invited.