ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proposals to take biometrics for EEA2 and EEA4 ?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AKDK

Proposals to take biometrics for EEA2 and EEA4 ?

Post by AKDK » Thu May 02, 2013 8:26 pm

UK BA has indicated that non-EEA national family members of EEA national would likely be provided with the so-called Biometric Residence Permits (BRP). The UK BA says that the introduction of the BRPs for non-EEA family members of EEA nationals will:- Fix and check identities- Detect those known to the UK BA as seeking to abuse the system through identity swapping, including cracking down on “sham marriages”- Search police fingerprint database to detect high-harm individualsIt is understood that this will include Residence and Permanent Residence applications (EEA2, EEA4 )

The above was posted by an immigration lawyer on his FB page and forum. Did you guys hear anything about it, I wonder when this will come in force....

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Thu May 02, 2013 8:32 pm

I never heard about it, but it may be good idea actually...

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu May 02, 2013 8:55 pm

At the moment it is not for the EEA route applicants and UKBA alone cannot introduce it because it would need to be backed up by EU directive.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri May 03, 2013 1:42 pm

sheraz7 wrote:At the moment it is not for the EEA route applicants and UKBA alone cannot introduce it because it would need to be backed up by EU directive.
I understand that the regulations on common format for residence permits would permit this provided that it was clear that holder was covered by 2004/38/EC.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Proposals to take biometrics for EEA2 and EEA4 ?

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri May 03, 2013 1:44 pm

AKDK wrote: The above was posted by an immigration lawyer on his FB page and forum. Did you guys hear anything about it, I wonder when this will come in force....
Third party information is not always reliable.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:50 pm

looks like its happening...
For anybody effected, I hope that my Surinder Singh Route Information Pages help.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:02 pm

wiggsy wrote:looks like its happening...
A reference would be nice.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:55 pm

A reference from Authenticated EU legislation website will be needed.
REGARDS

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:34 pm

Do you have an update on this? You appear to be reasonably knowledgeable about matters. What is the source of your information?

Thanks.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:11 pm

Sorry. Thought id posted it... it was brought to my attention by sonel...

At britcits.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... /applying/
using application form VAF5. To find out which method you should use, see 'More information' below.You can download application form VAF5 and its guidance notes from the right side of this page.As part of your application, you will need to enrol your fingerprints and facial image (known as 'biometric information') at a visa application centre.Select your country in our country finder to find out:
If somebody wants to ask about the legality etc. If I ask it'll b refused saying im vexatious.
For anybody effected, I hope that my Surinder Singh Route Information Pages help.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:31 pm

wiggsy wrote:Sorry. Thought id posted it... it was brought to my attention by sonel...

At britcits.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... /applying/
using application form VAF5. To find out which method you should use, see 'More information' below.You can download application form VAF5 and its guidance notes from the right side of this page.As part of your application, you will need to enrol your fingerprints and facial image (known as 'biometric information') at a visa application centre.Select your country in our country finder to find out:
If somebody wants to ask about the legality etc. If I ask it'll b refused saying im vexatious.
OK. This refers to the biometrics taken as part of the Entry Clearance (EEA Family Permit) application. This is not new (2-3 years old) and has been discussed before. It's different from the HO issuing a biometric cards to people under the EEA regulations (which is unlikely to happen).

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:36 pm

Cheers jambo.
I hadnt noticed that on the page beforehand.

Does that mean the eea fp must b aplied for in person every time?

Guess we wil just do a border crossing in that case

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:29 pm

Fingerprints have been required for quite some time for visa applications.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:00 pm

The term "Non-eea national" does not necessarily mean the non-eu family members of Eu national alone rather it refers too to the applicants and their family members applying under UK based PbS categories. Therefore, any news regarding changes/fees/biometrics etc can be belonged to them.
REGARDS

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:30 am

sheraz7 wrote:The term "Non-eea national" does not necessarily mean the non-eu family members of Eu national alone rather it refers too to the applicants and their family members applying under UK based PbS categories. Therefore, any news regarding changes/fees/biometrics etc can be belonged to them.
Correct.

yoshi_jp
Japan

Post by yoshi_jp » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:53 pm

"4 Provision of biometric information with immigration applications
(1) Section 126 of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002 (power to
require provision of physical data with certain immigration applications) is
amended as follows.
(2) In subsection (2), after paragraph (c) insert—
“(d) a transit visa (within the meaning of section 41 of the
Immigration and Asylum Act 1999), or
(e) a document issued as evidence that a person who is not a
national of an EEA state or Switzerland is entitled to enter or
remain in the United Kingdom by virtue of an enforceable EU
right or of any provision made under section 2(2) of the
European Communities Act 1972.”

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... 1-pb4-l1g4

"14. ... There are classes of persons from whom it is not currently possible to require biometrics and the Bill seeks to close these gaps, in particular it provides for biometrics to be taken from non-European Economic Area ("non-EEA") family members of EEA nationals, transit visa applicants and persons applying for British citizenship."

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... 4110en.htm