ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surprise! No Pak degree gives English language exemption!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Surprise! No Pak degree gives English language exemption!!!

Post by confusedhsmp » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:37 pm

Hi all.

I am really astonished that none of Pakistani degrees get English Lang exemption. I used PBS calculator and wasn't getting any points for my wife who has MBBS from Fatima Jinnah. It's a five year degree with 6th year as intern.

I then applied to UK Naric to see if they could confirm this and apparently I received a letter from them yesterday that it doesn't meet CEFR level. But they do confirm that it's uk degree level in the same page.

I then Checked again on PBS calculator for KE , Lums etc and none of their 4 years plus degrees taught in English get any points for English.

Can someone please confirm this? Am I missing something here?

Thanks

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:12 pm

Can someone please help me!? Please ...

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:12 pm

confusedhsmp wrote:Can someone please help me!? Please ...
what did you apply for with uknaric ?
1) statement of comparability ?

2)english language assessment ?

UKNARIC one of the worst organisation who rip of customers money without good intention.

They always confuse customers and at the end you loose money without any motive.

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:09 pm

z18runway wrote:
confusedhsmp wrote:Can someone please help me!? Please ...
what did you apply for with uknaric ?
1) statement of comparability ?

2)english language assessment ?

UKNARIC one of the worst organisation who rip of customers money without good intention.

They always confuse customers and at the end you loose money without any motive.
I applied for Statement of comparability. However they do agree that it's UK degree level.

Why do you say they rip people off. I thought ukba confirms with them.

BatelyKhan - can you help please ?

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:19 am

statement of comparability is the right one, but unfortunately UKNARIC does not confirm the level of back home degree more than cefr A1.

but they can compare back home degree to be equivalent to British standards. That's the one you have got.

My personal advice is go for an English test if you are still confused, but still its up to you, because after all this is your application.

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:42 am

z18runway wrote:statement of comparability is the right one, but unfortunately UKNARIC does not confirm the level of back home degree more than cefr A1.

but they can compare back home degree to be equivalent to British standards. That's the one you have got.

My personal advice is go for an English test if you are still confused, but still its up to you, because after all this is your application.
Thank you.

But does that mean that UKBA will be fine with it? i.e. it doesnt matter what UK NARIC confirms regarding english language comparability as they just cant do it for anything above Cefr A1.

z18runway

Re: Surprise! No Pak degree gives English language exemption

Post by z18runway » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:07 pm

confusedhsmp wrote:
I then applied to UK Naric to see if they could confirm this and apparently I received a letter from them yesterday that it doesn't meet CEFR level. But they do confirm that it's uk degree level in the same page.

Thanks
I think this will do

knowledge_seeker

Post by knowledge_seeker » Thu May 02, 2013 11:21 pm

I am in the same boat. My spouse did her MBBS from Khyber Medical University (KMU) and when we used the calculator on UKBA website, it awarded with no points. Now we are confused whether to contact UK NARIC or take up A1 test. If UK NARIC as you mentioned above confirmed Pakistani MBBS is quivalent to Bachelor's degree then the question remains who is going to confirm that the degree was taught in English. So a certificate from UK Naric confirming MBBS equivalent to UK bachelor and a certificate from the institute where she completed her MBBS stating the medium of study was English should do, what do you think?
Thanks

knowledge_seeker

Post by knowledge_seeker » Thu May 02, 2013 11:26 pm

I found this on UK NARIC site:

"Please note that UK NARIC is only able to assess against CEFR level C1 and the English Language Assessment will not provide information on CEFR levels that are lower or higher."
Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri May 03, 2013 5:51 am

knowledge_seeker wrote:I am in the same boat. My spouse did her MBBS from Khyber Medical University (KMU) and when we used the calculator on UKBA website, it awarded with no points. Now we are confused whether to contact UK NARIC or take up A1 test. If UK NARIC as you mentioned above confirmed Pakistani MBBS is quivalent to Bachelor's degree then the question remains who is going to confirm that the degree was taught in English. So a certificate from UK Naric confirming MBBS equivalent to UK bachelor and a certificate from the institute where she completed her MBBS stating the medium of study was English should do, what do you think?
Yes, as well as the degree certificate.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.