ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa sponsorship questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

seekit

spouse visa sponsorship questions

Post by seekit » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:09 pm

Hi All,

I need to sponsor my spouse and have got following questions. Will be great if anyone can help me with them.

1 - I am currently living in shared accomodation but my friend who owns a house has agreed to accomodate us when she'll come. I'll get a letter from him and his property documents + a survey report. Do I need to have my bank statements on that address or electoral register? As I will not be living with my friend until she'll arrive??

2 - I need to send attested copies of my passport and ILR card.. Do I need to send copy of each and every page of my passport? I've old passport as well do i need to send copies of that as well??

If anyone can answer, it will be of great help.

Thank you for reading.

seekit

Post by seekit » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:17 am

Anyone please? If you know answer to any of the question above please answer and someone else who knows the other one will answer..

Thank you all.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:58 am

You don't need bank statements or electoral register with the future address.
It's safer to submit certified copies of all pages in your current passport.
You don't need to submit expired passport.

seekit

Post by seekit » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:40 am

Casa wrote:You don't need bank statements or electoral register with the future address.
It's safer to submit certified copies of all pages in your current passport.
You don't need to submit expired passport.
Thank you Casa, it was of great help. Your are star :-)

seekit

Post by seekit » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:00 am

Hi again, My friend is a bit reluctant to give his mortgage agreement copy to me :cry: Is it possible if I can get a tenancy Agreement from him in future date lets say starting from 1st July for 6 months? And also attach property inspection report. Will that work? Or do you think there can be problem with tenancy agreement in future date?

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

seekit

Post by seekit » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:58 am

Hi Does anyone know or have tried this before? Please help

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:12 pm

seekit wrote:Hi again, My friend is a bit reluctant to give his mortgage agreement copy to me :cry: Is it possible if I can get a tenancy Agreement from him in future date lets say starting from 1st July for 6 months? And also attach property inspection report. Will that work? Or do you think there can be problem with tenancy agreement in future date?

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thank you.
No it wont be a problem, as you must make accommodation avaialable when teh applicant arrives in teh UK,not before.A Short hold Assured Tennancy agreement for 6 months would be sufficient.

You only need a inspection report if there is going to be overcrowding in the house where one intends to stay,otherwise you don't need one

Giritrah
Newly Registered

Accomodation

Post by Giritrah » Wed May 01, 2013 11:02 pm

Hi seekit and other advisers,

I am also in the same situation has to sponsor my wife and 16 months son,
my friend is ready to give the letter and a short hold tenancy agreement at a later date,
the fact is its a 2 bedroom house with large hall and he lives with his wife and 3 years old boy.

1.Will this be OK. or not?

2.If OK, how long dated can a tenancy agreement be based on the fact that in India its taking long to process the applications.

3. And do i need any inspection or survey report for such place.

Please Advise...

majnoon
Newly Registered

Post by majnoon » Fri May 03, 2013 7:26 am

I am posting this based on my experience when I applied for my wife in April.

1. Bank Statement I have sent were on my old address as I moved to this place just few days before my wife applied.

2. The tenancy agreement i presented was for one year at a shared property and I did not provide any inspection report. I included a letter from the landlord in support of the application and that he does not mind if my wife comes and lives with me at the property.

3. I have sent old expired passport and a none certified copy of my New passport (note this is a British passport so they can easily confirm if it is genuine or not.)

three weeks later my wife was granted the visa.

Giritrah
Newly Registered

Post by Giritrah » Fri May 03, 2013 8:59 am

Hi "majnoon",
Thanks for your reply,how long ago did you apply ,this April or last year.
Also can you or others answer my following questions please...

1.my issue is I am applying for my wife along with 16 months son,
2.my wife was here before on my dependent (work permit -my previous visa)
3.in my case the landlord is my friend himself ,what sort of letter should I take along with the short hold tenancy agreement from him.
4.whats the normal processing time now a days from India.chennai.

Thanks all

majnoon
Newly Registered

Post by majnoon » Fri May 03, 2013 10:17 am

hi mate

My wife application was made on the 2nd April 2013 and the visa was granted on the 23rd of April 2013.

Just like you my Landlord is my friend the letter he should write for you should mention that he is aware your wife will be coming and he does not mind her living with you at the property. if your landlord will be living in the same property then you will also need to add their Name, age, Nationality and Passport number on the application.

regarding waiting time in India i am not sure of that as my wife applied in E
gypt.

Giritrah
Newly Registered

Post by Giritrah » Fri May 03, 2013 1:59 pm

Hi Majnoon,
Good luck with your future life in the UK.
THANKS a million for sharing the information and quick reply.