ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help-Applying Soon

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

entrepreneur123

Need help-Applying Soon

Post by entrepreneur123 » Thu May 02, 2013 9:35 am

Hi,
I am going to apply for my Entrepreneur visa through PSW £50,000 route. I just want to double check with everyone if i am going in right direction. I got four year Accountancy and Finance degree and going to open ABC Accountancy and Financial Services Ltd. My job role will be of "Financial Controller" which is NQF 4 level SOC Code 3537. My key services will be preparing annual accounts/managent accounts, tax return for self employed, limited, partnerships businesses. Do you think i have choosed right job title and SOC code? Thanks

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Thu May 02, 2013 1:56 pm

Please reply. Any advice will be useful. thanks

tsl

Post by tsl » Thu May 02, 2013 4:27 pm

boss, i believe u will need a certificate or licence to provide accounting , tax sort of service.

i think degree in acc and fin dont give u authority to do that, as im also done my degree in that . in order to provide these service u have to be an acca , cima, aca, icaw, or other professional qualification .

correct me if im wrong

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Thu May 02, 2013 4:34 pm

tsl,

Thanks for your reply. I thought the same as well. But in reality anyone can provide accounting services in UK (you cannot audit) by registering under HMRC Money Laundering Regulations 2007. You do not need practicing certificate from any of the professional bodies if you are not offering auditing services.

http://www.spammer.co.uk/group-th ... y-practice

If you are student of ACCA or ICAEW then you can not provide these services. As these bodies stops you from practicing without practicing certificate.

tsl wrote:boss, i believe u will need a certificate or licence to provide accounting , tax sort of service.

i think degree in acc and fin dont give u authority to do that, as im also done my degree in that . in order to provide these service u have to be an acca , cima, aca, icaw, or other professional qualification .

correct me if im wrong

monolyte

Post by monolyte » Thu May 02, 2013 10:55 pm

entrepreneur123 wrote:tsl,

Thanks for your reply. I thought the same as well. But in reality anyone can provide accounting services in UK (you cannot audit) by registering under HMRC Money Laundering Regulations 2007. You do not need practicing certificate from any of the professional bodies if you are not offering auditing services.

If you are student of ACCA or ICAEW then you can not provide these services. As these bodies stops you from practicing without practicing certificate.
tsl wrote:boss, i believe u will need a certificate or licence to provide accounting , tax sort of service.

correct me if im wrong
IF YOU KNOW THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION YOU ASK, WHY BOTHER ASKING THE QUESTION?

vvktse
Newly Registered

Post by vvktse » Fri May 03, 2013 8:21 am

do you have the sponsorship?
i guess this job is not in the shortage list

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Fri May 03, 2013 9:33 am

My question was, Do you think i have choosed right job title and SOC code? Thanks

monolyte wrote:
entrepreneur123 wrote:tsl,

correct me if im wrong
IF YOU KNOW THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION YOU ASK, WHY BOTHER ASKING THE QUESTION?

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Fri May 03, 2013 9:34 am

For Entrepreneur visa we need to check SOC list not shortage list.

vvktse wrote:do you have the sponsorship?
i guess this job is not in the shortage list