ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) & SET(M) applications - Oct 2012 (timelines only)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gmx

Post by gmx » Wed May 01, 2013 3:02 pm

No, it's definitely not a standard script. It is progressing now.
samriti2u wrote:Hi Gmx,

Has the lady replied with a standard UKBA response or are they willing to look into your case on priority?

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Wed May 01, 2013 4:42 pm

gmx wrote:No, it's definitely not a standard script. It is progressing now.

Has the lady replied with a standard UKBA response or are they willing to look into your case on priority?

Lets hope for the best...

samriti2u

Post by samriti2u » Wed May 01, 2013 6:28 pm

Thanks for the reply Gmx.

Who all did you email? Can you please share their email ids?

gmx

Post by gmx » Thu May 02, 2013 8:59 am

All of these people , excluding Sarah since I don't have her correct e-mail address.

Oct-12 stats as of 26-Mar-13 32% had been decided, yet they put this statement: "I can further advise that the advertised service standard to decide 95% of applications within six
months of receipt is across all settlement applications and we are currently meeting this standard."
Do you still trust them?

samriti2u wrote:Thanks for the reply Gmx.

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Thu May 02, 2013 10:41 am

gmx wrote:All of these people , excluding Sarah since I don't have her correct e-mail address.

Oct-12 stats as of 26-Mar-13 32% had been decided, yet they put this statement: "I can further advise that the advertised service standard to decide 95% of applications within six
months of receipt is across all settlement applications and we are currently meeting this standard."
Do you still trust them?

samriti2u wrote:Thanks for the reply Gmx.

I am thinking to email them all as well. Any one knows about Sara Rapson email???

samriti2u

Post by samriti2u » Thu May 02, 2013 12:21 pm

Hi Gmx, Is anything moving since your email to them? Have you called up UKBA to check current status of your application and what reply did they give you?

I've just called them and same reply as it was 1 month ago!!

gmx

Post by gmx » Thu May 02, 2013 1:49 pm

I haven't called up yet. I'll give it time until next week to see any positive progress.

To be honest, I don't like calling the customer service, most of the times they don't know what they're saying. It's like speaking to an answering machine.
samriti2u wrote:Hi Gmx, Is anything moving since your email to them? Have you called up UKBA to check current status of your application and what reply did they give you?

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Thu May 02, 2013 2:51 pm

gmx wrote:I haven't called up yet. I'll give it time until next week to see any positive progress.

To be honest, I don't like calling the customer service, most of the times they don't know what they're saying. It's like speaking to an answering machine.
samriti2u wrote:Hi Gmx, Is anything moving since your email to them? Have you called up UKBA to check current status of your application and what reply did they give you?

Few days before i called and UKBA representative confirmed they have received my expedite request but when today i called then the lady was saying your decision is pending and she can't give any further information. Some time they are just like Answering machine and keep repeating but sometime they give you some useful info.

I think you should give them a call and try if they give your something useful

gmx

Post by gmx » Fri May 03, 2013 9:51 am

Maybe they're just daydreaming...

Please read this FoI request: Information available to UKBA customer service representatives
Maliksahb wrote:
gmx wrote:I haven't called up yet. I'll give it time until next week to see any positive progress.

Few days before i called and UKBA representative confirmed they have received my expedite request but when today i called then the lady was saying your decision is pending and she can't give any further information. Some time they are just like Answering machine and keep repeating but sometime they give you some useful info.

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Fri May 03, 2013 11:45 am

gmx wrote:Maybe they're just daydreaming...

Please read this FoI request: Information available to UKBA customer service representatives
Maliksahb wrote:

8 month has started in my case that is very very straight forward and i am trying and trying again and again to get some information about my case but UKBA is not responded in correct way. In my experience UKBA is above the law or immigrants have no right of freedom.

I already sent my complains to my MP and also All of these http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 017#828017
I don't know what else we can do except waiting...........Any one has any idea?

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Tue May 07, 2013 10:21 am

Hi Every one,

Any Update?????

I received a letter from CEO Rob Whiteman Office regarding my complain and they were assuring Set O application will be faster now after hiring more staff. But It looks a generic answer.

UKBA Bad reputation is already wellknown to Ombudsman (page3)
http://www.ombudsman.org.uk/__data/asse ... 12-web.pdf

gmx

Post by gmx » Tue May 07, 2013 10:39 am

Nothing new on my side.

I'll wait until end of this week before filing official complaint regarding UKBA to the Ombudsman.

I heard from someone who has got a friend working as a civil servant that apparently they're asking other "free/non-busy" civil servants to help with the workload at UKBA. So, that's the so-called "hiring more staff", I guess.
Maliksahb wrote:Hi Every one,

Any Update?????

I received a letter from CEO Rob Whiteman Office regarding my complain and they were assuring Set O application will be faster now after hiring more staff. But It looks a generic answer.

mike_k

Post by mike_k » Tue May 07, 2013 11:44 am

Hi guys, I too have just received a reply from Rob Whiteman's office. It appears to be similar to the others which I have seen. However, in my letter I had stated that I needed to occasionally travel for work. I had included a letter from work stating this fact and also specifying two trips which I am meant to be going on in the near future. Rob Whiteman's secretary stated that these might be grounds for expediting things and she forwarded this information to the Liverpool office asking that they consider expediting my case. This happened on Friday, so I haven't heard anything yet - but fingers crossed.

I also stated in my letter that I would like to take my new child home to see his grandparents but this appeared to be ignored. So, it appears that travel for business may be grounds for expediting. I'll post here as soon as I get some news. Note that I've dug around/asked here and even rung the UKBA "info line" and it seems that there is no definitive policy for expediting cases. I'm crossing my fingers that I meet the threshold for expediting or I get a caseworker who is in a good mood...

I've also got my MP involved. He has copied me in on correspondence which he has sent to the UKBA. I asked him to check on the progress of my application and also to request it be expedited. I included both the reasons stated above for making this request. It seems that his stuff gets sent to a special address there which presumably means it gets seen by two different people. I guess by fighting this battle on two fronts I've got two possible chances of success. Hope this info helps someone.

good luck, mike.

cpf
Newly Registered

Post by cpf » Tue May 07, 2013 11:52 am

Any Update?????

Nothing new from me too..

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Tue May 07, 2013 12:50 pm

cpf wrote:

Any Update?????

CPF and gmx,

Are you people doing something nowadays like Mike and me? If any one is silent then its mean he is not contributing anything to make things better.

gmx

Post by gmx » Tue May 07, 2013 3:26 pm

I agree with you. The more people to complain is the better.

I have just got off the phone with a lady in the customer service. No Surprise here. The same old answer: "Your application is still in progress. Please continue to wait"

I said: "I have already requested for expedition of my application. I have got a reply from Rob Whiteman's office that it's been forwarded to the Liverpool team for expedition"
She said: "Sorry, I cannot tell you anything more."
I said: "So on your screen it's showing as in progress?"
She said: "Yes"
I said: "Is it with a caseworker?"
She said: "I cannot provide you more information"
I said: "But some people can get more information from calling this same number".
She said: "I don't know which people told you that. But I cannot help you more"

Maliksahb wrote:
cpf wrote:

Any Update?????

CPF and gmx,

Are you people doing something nowadays like Mike and me? If any one is silent then its mean he is not contributing anything to make things better.

cpf
Newly Registered

Post by cpf » Tue May 07, 2013 4:26 pm

Maliksahb wrote:
cpf wrote:

Any Update?????

CPF and gmx,

I was waiting till it completes 7 months, which will be for tomorrow. I will start my campaign now. :)

samriti2u

Post by samriti2u » Tue May 07, 2013 4:26 pm

Hi Guys,

I have also complained and requested to expedite the case but chances of our requests being granted are very less considering they are receiving similar requests from so many applicants and they simply don't have resources to look at them at the same time.
Just for your information they don't consider delay in processing due to high volume of application as their fault.

Unfortunately, we'll have to wait gentlemen or withdraw to re-apply in-person.

gmx

Post by gmx » Tue May 07, 2013 4:50 pm

The high volume of applications is not their faults but their decision (HO) to cut down the number of staff is, while at the same time they increased the fees.

If you look at my past posts, it's clear that they're deceiving us in one way or another.

This reflects on the staff morale too. I posted this some time ago.

UKBA staff survey results 2012

samriti2u wrote:Hi Guys,

I have also complained and requested to expedite the case but chances of our requests being granted are very less considering they are receiving similar requests from so many applicants and they simply don't have resources to look at them at the same time.
Just for your information they don't consider delay in processing due to high volume of application as their fault.

Unfortunately, we'll have to wait gentlemen or withdraw to re-apply in-person.

samriti2u

Post by samriti2u » Tue May 07, 2013 5:08 pm

Hi Gmx,

I agree with you but they're not willing to accept the real problem.

gmx

Post by gmx » Tue May 07, 2013 5:10 pm

So be it. At least, we don't keep quiet.

I agree with you but they're not willing to accept the real problem.

mike_k

Post by mike_k » Tue May 07, 2013 6:24 pm

Hi guys, I don't think we should be so forgiving. gmx made a post a while ago which suggested that the reason for the increase in applications around July 2012 was due to several(?) rule changes(?). I would have thought that any well run organisation would have been able to foresee this and allocate/acquire the appropriate resources in anticipation. However, they have cut staff despite increasing fees!!

Now, presumably this was due to a funding cut from the government, but somebody had to sign off on it and somebody must have been aware of the impact that it would have. As a consequence of these decisions, we are being subjected to treatment which in other comparable countries would not be tolerated (I believe we would be entitled to compensation if this was an EU country as it is regarded as a violation of our right to free movement in and out of the country). This is a public organisation and it needs to be held to account! We have a duty to ourselves and also to other applicants to make as much noise as possible.

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Wed May 08, 2013 8:51 am

mike_k wrote:Hi guys, I don't think we should be so forgiving. gmx made a post a while ago which suggested that the reason for the increase in applications around July 2012 was due to several(?) rule changes(?). I would have thought that any well run organisation would have been able to foresee this and allocate/acquire the appropriate resources in anticipation. However, they have cut staff despite increasing fees!!

Now, presumably this was due to a funding cut from the government, but somebody had to sign off on it and somebody must have been aware of the impact that it would have. As a consequence of these decisions, we are being subjected to treatment which in other comparable countries would not be tolerated (I believe we would be entitled to compensation if this was an EU country as it is regarded as a violation of our right to free movement in and out of the country). This is a public organisation and it needs to be held to account! We have a duty to ourselves and also to other applicants to make as much noise as possible.

Agree with you. We have to force them to hire more people. When i met with my MP office persons then they said yes they are aware of UKBA complains and that's why it is being dissolved. So complaining is making difference.

samriti2u

Post by samriti2u » Wed May 08, 2013 11:50 am

Hi All,

I have a news to share. Just spoke to the UKBA adviser and they've taken a decision on my application and the packet is on its way through Royal Mail.

They've given me tracking number but I can't track as "Royal Mail Signed For items are only tracked after the item has been delivered".

Hopefully it'll be delivered by tomorrow.
I'll let you know the outcome of 7 moths wait.

Gmx: I think your application would have been approved as your timelines are same as mine. Did you call them.Also, the options have changed press 3 for status update not 4 for General queries.

Cheers!
Last edited by samriti2u on Wed May 08, 2013 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sirdi
Newly Registered

Post by Sirdi » Wed May 08, 2013 12:10 pm

samriti2u wrote:Hi All,

I have a news to share. Just spoke to the UKBA adviser and they've taken a decision on my application and the packet is on its way through Royal Mail.

They've given me tracking number but I can't track as "Royal Mail Signed For items are only tracked after the item has been delivered".

Hopefully it'll be delivered by tomorrow.
I'll let you know the outcome of 7 moths wait.

Cheers!
Hey! samriti2u,

Thank you for your post. I did the same thing just rang UKBA and been told your package has been sent out today.

I will update sooner I received the package and BRP.

Good luck everyone.