ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

non eea national appliay for bc

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

joanna2014

non eea national appliay for bc

Post by joanna2014 » Fri May 03, 2013 6:42 pm

hi guys i am about to apply my BC application AN
i married in 2007 DEC 15 with EU citizen
i have RC card valid till 2014 march
my question is do i must have to apply EEA4 PR to go for BC application or
i can apply without EEA4 PR
in my understanding i gain my automatic PR status already in last year 2012 DEC and one extra year will be in 20136. EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA NATIONALS AND SWISS NATIONALS
This section covers you if the country to which you belong is part of the European
Economic Area or Switzerland.
New immigration regulations came into force on 30 April 2006. If you are a national of a
country which is a member state of the EEA or Switzerland, or the family member of such a
person, you will automatically have permanent residence status after exercising EEA free
movement rights in the UK for any continuous period of 5 years ending on or after 30 April
2006, and therefore will not have to apply for indefinite leave to remain. But remember
that, unless married to or the civil partner of a British citizen, you should normally have
held permanent resident status for 12 months before applying for naturalisation. This
means that you may need to wait until you have been in the United Kingdom for 6 years
before you can apply.

please some let me know is i am rite or wrong
as i have been told by one of my friend PR is a an automatic right if u live in UK for over 5 years continues period with exercising the treaty right in UK
my wife is working in UK since 2007
and i am also working from in UK 2006
please kindly advice
thanks
best regards Jo
Last edited by joanna2014 on Fri May 03, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri May 03, 2013 7:41 pm

I suggest you check the British Citizenship section of the forum.

Also worth reading Q1 & Q5 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting.

If your case is straightforward (i.e. EEA national was employed for 5 years without breaks), then you can skip EEA4 without much risk.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri May 03, 2013 7:59 pm

Apart of all that if your wife belongs to A8 nation then as a worker she must have been registered under WRS scheme and completed the first 12 months during the time when WRS scheme exist.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri May 03, 2013 9:14 pm

Moved to British citizenship forum.