ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do we need photocopies of documents?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

skilled_migrant

Do we need photocopies of documents?

Post by skilled_migrant » Thu May 02, 2013 1:54 pm

Is it compulsory requirement to provide the photocopies of all documents? I did not read anywhere in the form.

If yes, do I need to photocopy application form as well?

Please share your experience / information.

Thanks.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Do we need photocopies of documents?

Post by Amber » Thu May 02, 2013 1:58 pm

skilled_migrant wrote:Is it compulsory requirement to provide the photocopies of all documents? I did not read anywhere in the form.

If yes, do I need to photocopy application form as well?

Please share your experience / information.

Thanks.
Yes you should provide photocopies of any documents you are using to support your claim (as well as the originals or certified copies) the guidance notes will state this.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

cars2fly

Post by cars2fly » Thu May 02, 2013 2:25 pm

I had my appointment on Tuesday. They did it ask me for any photocopies. They took my originals and did it themselves. I had carried as it is mentioned in the application form to carry photocopies. No need to copy application form. But the person sitting next to us was asking CW whether he wanted photocopy CW was repeatedly saying no. So I think it depends on CW. Some take some do it themselves. Better carry and give if asked.

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Thu May 02, 2013 4:42 pm

PHOTOGRAPHS AND DOCUMENTS CHECKLIST

Please complete this part of the form to help us check that we have received your photographs and documents. At
“A” tell us how many of each of the listed items you are providing with your application. At “B”, list any other
documents provided by you and state how many in each case. Continue on a separate sheet if necessary and
enclose it with this form. All documents must be originals. You should photocopy each of these documents and
provide the copies in addition to the originals.

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Thu May 02, 2013 4:44 pm

do we need to photocopy of our passports and BRP card?

wmazhar

Post by wmazhar » Thu May 02, 2013 5:32 pm

Emrah wrote:do we need to photocopy of our passports and BRP card?
I didn't provided any photocopy and neither they asked. and it was approved

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Thu May 02, 2013 5:37 pm

wmazhar wrote:
why is it saying You SHOULD photocopy each of these documents and
provide the copies in addition to the originals on form then?

I really dont understand we are paying fortune for visa fees we need to prepare everything for them so they can decide rather to grant our visa or not.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu May 02, 2013 7:31 pm

Emrah wrote:
wmazhar wrote:
why is it saying You SHOULD photocopy each of these documents and
provide the copies in addition to the originals on form then?

I really dont understand we are paying fortune for visa fees we need to prepare everything for them so they can decide rather to grant our visa or not.
Do you want them to approve your Visa or not? If you make them happy they will grant your ILR with out any delay. They don't like photocopying documents. It's so boring for them. :cry: :cry: :cry:
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Thu May 02, 2013 7:48 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
Do you want them to approve your Visa or not? If you make them happy they will grant your ILR with out any delay. They don't like photocopying documents. It's so boring for them. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Actually you are right Kevin.

They will probably say oh I cant be bothered to photocopy the documents today let me find the one who did it for me.

Do we need to photocopy the passport and BRP card or just the documents?

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu May 02, 2013 8:01 pm

Emrah wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
Actually you are right Kevin.

They will probably say oh I cant be bothered to photocopy the documents today let me find the one who did it for me.

Do we need to photocopy the passport and BRP card or just the documents?
You have to Photocopy your Passport and BRP as well. CWs have been asking applicants have you got photcopies of every thing you have given. Imagine your self in CW's shoes would you like to Photocopy loads of documents . Some time this might put them off and may reverse their original decision.
KEVIN

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Thu May 02, 2013 9:30 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
You have to Photocopy your Passport and BRP as well. CWs have been asking applicants have you got photcopies of every thing you have given. Imagine your self in CW's shoes would you like to Photocopy loads of documents . Some time this might put them off and may reverse their original decision.
Cool Kevin. Thanks for your advice.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu May 02, 2013 9:38 pm

Emrah wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
No problems Mate. All I want you to get your ILR. Some times you need to pay a bit more to get.(like PhotoCopy charges)
KEVIN

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Fri May 03, 2013 10:22 am

Kevin24 wrote:
Emrah wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
No problems Mate. All I want you to get your ILR. Some times you need to pay a bit more to get.(like PhotoCopy charges)
Thanks again.

One more question Kevin,

you see that 6 letters they are asking for, do we need to send the first page of the letter where our names address and date stated or all of the pages ( such as gas electric bills come in few pages)?

Also do we need to photocopy front and back of the letters?

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri May 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Emrah wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
Emrah wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
Thanks again.

One more question Kevin,

you see that 6 letters they are asking for, do we need to send the first page of the letter where our names address and date stated or all of the pages ( such as gas electric bills come in few pages)?

Hi! Emrah,

I believe you are going to do a postal application.

1. Just send th e first page, showing Names,Address and date clearly.

2. Good to photocopy front and back pages.

Hope this helps.
KEVIN

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Fri May 03, 2013 5:01 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
Emrah wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
Emrah wrote:
Thanks again.

One more question Kevin,

Hi! Emrah,

I believe you are going to do a postal application.

1. Just send th e first page, showing Names,Address and date clearly.

2. Good to photocopy front and back pages.

Hope this helps.
Thanks Kevin. I will do postal application.

skilled_migrant

Post by skilled_migrant » Fri May 03, 2013 7:31 pm

Thank you every body for commenting. Yes, requirement of photocopy of documents is mentioned couple of times on the application form SET O at:

SECTION 11 - DOCUMENTS - page 48
DOCUMENTS CHECK LIST - page 58

I went to Solihull PEO today, case worker did not ask for the photocopy of documents but when I asked if she need, she said it is nice if I have. So I gave her the photocopies.

Based on my experience, you should do photocopy each of document. BUT your application will not be refused if you do not provide. They have facility and they can do it by themselves but will be bit of hassle for them.

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Fri May 03, 2013 7:39 pm

skilled_migrant wrote:Thank you every body for commenting. Yes, requirement of photocopy of documents is mentioned couple of times on the application form SET O at:

SECTION 11 - DOCUMENTS - page 48
DOCUMENTS CHECK LIST - page 58

I went to Solihull PEO today, case worker did not ask for the photocopy of documents but when I asked if she need, she said it is nice if I have. So I gave her the photocopies.

Based on my experience, you should do photocopy each of document. BUT your application will not be refused if you do not provide. They have facility and they can do it by themselves but will be bit of hassle for them.
Did you get your ILR?

skilled_migrant

Post by skilled_migrant » Fri May 03, 2013 7:52 pm

Did you get your ILR?
Yes I got, I am just typing new post, you will see in few minutes :)

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Fri May 03, 2013 8:10 pm

skilled_migrant wrote:
Did you get your ILR?
Yes I got, I am just typing new post, you will see in few minutes :)
Cool congratulations.