ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Agency / Lawyers for filing HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vjuk
Newly Registered

Visa Agency / Lawyers for filing HSMP

Post by vjuk » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:20 am

I was trying to find a good lawyer or an agency that can file HSMP for me. However, all the agents seems to charge a hefty fee of about 700 - 750 GBP!!

I don't understand what makes it so expensive, since the HSMP form is so simple and easy to fill out. What edge do I get by going through a lawyer as opposed to doing it myself?

Experienced applicants, please share your experince with visa agents / lawyers. Is it really worth the big bucks we pay to these lawyers?

skilachi

Post by skilachi » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:14 am

Hi,

To be honest, its not but most applicant dont really know wot to include as evidence when submittin there applications, thats why u see alot of refusal.

With a lawyer/consultant its there work and something there do everyday and believe me they have vital informations which is not available to normal applicants like us cos most of them are registered with HO and can get vital information.

Well as for me, i went thru a lawyer and got approved. I did my 1st application by myself and got refused under the old rule and guess i was in a hurry then and really didnt prepare my application very well. The whole process is simple as as long as u have all the required documents wit ur application but if not, at least try and get advise from them and find out wot documents/process to go about it.

I can give the name of the firm i used and wasnt that expensive.

meggles

Post by meggles » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:55 am

personally, i don't think a lawyer is needed for simple, straightforward cases. if you need extra confidence, advice, then pay.

KAYC

Post by KAYC » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:48 am

when you apply on your own you have total control over your case if that means something to you. People at this forum are so kind and helpful , try them free instead of spending huge bucks on agents who are good for nothing.Besides if hsmp is not in your fate nobody can make any difference in your application. Many of us have seen genuine cases getting rejected in either ways.

Have courage and good luck !

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Visa Agency / Lawyers for filing HSMP

Post by pantaiema » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:38 pm

It is normal practice in the UK that Visa Agency / Lawyers will charge that amount. So it is not expensive if you base your calculation on UK standard of living. You should value the information they provide.
I know that Workpermit.com provide provide this service you should consider or you couls also use other Visa Agency / Lawyers which is registered.

You should not use Visa Agency / Lawyers for filing HSMP Aplication form like the title on your post. You should involve them to check your evidence, file up your applicaition.

Pantaiema
I am not an immigration lawyer or have any connection with Workpermit.com therefore my inforamtion here is impartial.
vjuk wrote:I was trying to find a good lawyer or an agency that can file HSMP for me. However, all the agents seems to charge a hefty fee of about 700 - 750 GBP!!

I don't understand what makes it so expensive, since the HSMP form is so simple and easy to fill out. What edge do I get by going through a lawyer as opposed to doing it myself?

Experienced applicants, please share your experince with visa agents / lawyers. Is it really worth the big bucks we pay to these lawyers?

makon

Post by makon » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:05 pm

what you need most is to behave like a Highly Skilled Migrant that I believe you are.

Read the guidance note WITHOUT skipping any line (unfortunately most applicants are too lazy to do this, hence the myriad of unncessary questions in this forum).

You know your situation more than others and the guidance will certainly tell you what to do, if you then have a problem try the forum first. £750 is a huge some of money !!! Well if you can give that to someone on sth you can do yourself, it is your call.