ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI - Postal

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smatt

OCI - Postal

Post by smatt » Fri May 03, 2013 9:39 am

Dear Members,

I have applied for OCI - postal but I haven't mentioned OCI section in Address. Does it delay the application process / it will reach OCI section, please kindly share.

Kind Regards,
smatt

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Fri May 03, 2013 11:12 pm

I believe the the mailroom staff or reception will open the pack first and then transfer to the OCI section - don't think this will have any significant delay as such - give or take couple of days.
do post your timelines as your hear from HCI.

smatt

Post by smatt » Sat May 04, 2013 11:14 am

ban.s wrote:I believe the the mailroom staff or reception will open the pack first and then transfer to the OCI section - don't think this will have any significant delay as such - give or take couple of days.
do post your timelines as your hear from HCI.
Hi Ban.S,

Thank you very much for your reply but it seems that they haven't opened the pack yet, no acknowledgement. I will post as soon as I hear from HCI, Thanks, smatt

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sat May 04, 2013 11:44 am

Don't worry - HCI take upto 4 weeks to acknowledge postal applications - that's the official policy. That doesn't mean your application will be on hold until then - just the acknoledgement takes time.

smatt

Post by smatt » Sat May 04, 2013 2:25 pm

ban.s wrote:Don't worry - HCI take upto 4 weeks to acknowledge postal applications - that's the official policy. That doesn't mean your application will be on hold until then - just the acknoledgement takes time.
Thanks for your postiing......I have applied on March 27, it reached on 28th...more than 4 weeks but till now I haven't received my documents back as well....so I am thinking that even they don't bother to open my pack.

Regards,
Smatt