ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstaying & reapplying & new job

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lb2205
Newly Registered

Overstaying & reapplying & new job

Post by lb2205 » Sat May 04, 2013 8:58 am

Hi,

I have a number of questions related to my current situation.
Using a COS from my current employer, I applied to switch from PSW to Tier 2 on April 2. My PSW expired on april 28th while the application was pending. The application was returned invalid claiming that the funds could not be withdrawn. I understand that I am now an overstayer and have 28 days to reapply.
Meanwhile I have been offered a new job and the new employer is willing to give me a certificate of sponsorship.

From this situation I have a couple questions;
1. Should I request a new COS from my current employer the after getting the Tier 2, make another application using the COS of the new employer?

2. Can I just reapply using the COS from the new employer?

3. The bank has confirmed that no attempts were made to withdraw money, should I provide proof for this to UKBA?

4. I must use the new application form when applying. Do I need to include the letter stating that my previous application was invalid?

5. Does anyone know how to handle this situation ?

safatafa
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by safatafa » Sat May 04, 2013 4:32 pm

Hi
Since ur application was not processed ur cos is still live u can reapply ASAP.
If u want to go with other employer I don't see a prob u can do that as well.

U could write a cover letter explaining the situation and send a postal order to avoid the confusion
Best of luck mate

joe135
Newly Registered

Post by joe135 » Sun May 05, 2013 4:47 pm

Could some one tell me plz
How change in immigration rules 06 aprol 13 would affect me if
I switch from wp to to tier2

A solicitor just fritend me by saying that all my time spent on wp will be disregarded and ll ve to spend another 5 years to qualify for ILR
plz help in light of nrw rules 6 april 13

Regards