ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

advertising job

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mm0909

advertising job

Post by mm0909 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:14 am

Hi all,
I just got one thing bugging me on my mind. I got two potential job offers and both are software development positions. could anyone of you please tell me if they will need to put the job advert on the job centre plus website. Both of them are big organizations with sponsor license. They did put the adverts on their own career site and also some other field specific websites. In this situation, do they still need to put up the adverts again in job centre plus site and wait for another 28 days?

Thanks a lot

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:03 pm

are they multinational companies?

do they have more than 250 employees?

Was the job advertised on their website for more than 28 days satisfying the criteria mentioned on UKBA guidance page relevant to labour test?

If the answer is yes to all these questions, then yea, they satisfy the criteria already.

Source: my understanding of the system

Have a look here too...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... arkettest/

mm0909

Post by mm0909 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:03 pm

arsenal49 wrote:are they multinational companies?

do they have more than 250 employees?

Was the job advertised on their website for more than 28 days satisfying the criteria mentioned on UKBA guidance page relevant to labour test?

If the answer is yes to all these questions, then yea, they satisfy the criteria already.

Source: my understanding of the system

Have a look here too...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... arkettest/
Yes. they are multi-national and definitely have more than 250 people.

Thanks for the reply. I am just confused because I saw it on their document which they have introduced on the 6th of April 2013. I have looked at this. It seems like they don't need to re-advertise and I may be thinking too much.

The document I found is
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

It is on page 43 last row in the table 11B.

mm0909

Post by mm0909 » Sat May 04, 2013 10:01 am

Hi all,

If the employer dont advertise on the Jobcentreplus, will tier 2 be rejected?

I have planned for same day service next month. The only thing that concerns me is that jobcentreplus thing.

They are a multinational organisation with more than 250 employees. They advertise on their careers website. and some other professionally relevant websites.

They have hired a law firm and asked them to do the same day service.
But still, when I read on the ukba website. They said jobcentreplus is mandatory. Is there anyway that I can get away without jobcentreplus.

Lyn-UK
Newly Registered

Post by Lyn-UK » Wed May 08, 2013 3:29 pm

Advertising on Jobcentre plus is the mandatory and primary advertising medium. The other websites, whether company website, monster, reed, industry websites etc, are secondary and advertiser can take their pick from any of those secondary advertising mediums.