ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query related to employment criteria

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vidya

Query related to employment criteria

Post by vidya » Sat May 04, 2013 10:29 am

Hello everyone,

I am on tier 1 visa - recently extended from 2013 upto 2015. Due to shortfall of few months - I would be ineligible for ILR in Jan 2015 and will need to apply for another tier 1 extension at the time

My query is - I have been trying for a new job since my contract with a Bank ended few months ago. Market for chartered accountants seems very slow and I have not been able to secure suitable employment in Edinburgh or London.

I recently contacted my ex employer in India and I have an offer to work out of the London office - but I would be an employee of India office and would have to go there for the initial couple of months.
Would this arrangment make me ineligible for extension in 2015 ?

Mods / senior members and others, would be very thankful for a reply on this , thanks

abhisheks9
Member of Standing
India

Post by abhisheks9 » Mon May 06, 2013 9:36 am

this arrangement should not be a problem, because at time of Tier-1 extension you can show 'overseas' earning for claiming previous earning points.
Caveat: same day appointment wont be considered.

I applied for Tier-1 extension with part earning from India.

Best would be to, try be employee of UK office, to save hassles of exchange rate at time application and similar issues.