ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success @Solihull PEO 03/05/2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

skilled_migrant

ILR Success @Solihull PEO 03/05/2013

Post by skilled_migrant » Fri May 03, 2013 8:14 pm

I attended Solihull PEO today and got ILR approved same day.

Application form: SET O
Applicants: 1 Main + 2 dependents
Previous visa type : HSMP(2008-10) + TIER 1(2010-13)

Here is the list of documents submitted

1. Life in UK test pass certificate (Myself and spouse)
2. Last 12 month salary slips
3. Last 12 month bank statements
4. Proof of cohabitation.

These are the only official requirements mentioned in the application form. I had a lot of other documents kept aside in case if they ask but they never asked anything else.

They did not ask for any evidence of absences, neither I provided them (though I had a letter from my employer stating that the time peirods when I was out of country were paid annual leave). I had total of 45 days of absences in three visits out of country.

I asked about maintenance funds requirements on this forum couple of times. According to my experience they want to see funds in your bank account but there is no continues 90 days requirement for the funds to be in your account. In my case there was no separate evidence was required because I already provided latest 12 months bank statements as a proof of earnings.

now waiting for BRP cards!

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: ILR Success @Solihull PEO 03/05/2013

Post by Kevin24 » Fri May 03, 2013 8:18 pm

skilled_migrant wrote:I attended Solihull PEO today and got ILR approved same day.

Congratulations.Thank you for posting your experience. How long di it take for them to give you ILR letter.Did the CW interview for a long time?

T
hese are the only official requirements mentioned in the application form. I had a lot of other documents kept aside in case if they ask but they never asked anything else.

They did not ask for any evidence of absences, neither I provided them (though I had a letter from my employer stating that the time peirods when I was out of country were paid annual leave). I had total of 45 days of absences in three visits out of country.

I asked about maintenance funds requirements on this forum couple of times. According to my experience they want to see funds in your bank account but there is no continues 90 days requirement for the funds to be in your account. In my case there was no separate evidence was required because I already provided latest 12 months bank statements as a proof of earnings.

KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Fri May 03, 2013 8:31 pm

Congratulations

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Fri May 03, 2013 8:51 pm

skilled_migrant wrote:According to my experience they want to see funds in your bank account but there is no continues 90 days requirement for the funds to be in your account.
there is no such requirement of keeping funds in your bank account
Manka

skilled_migrant

Post by skilled_migrant » Fri May 03, 2013 9:54 pm

How long did it take for them to give you ILR letter.Did the CW interview for a long time?

I had appointment at 10:00 AM

Security clearance: 9:50
Token Number given: 10:05
Called by caseworker: 10:25

Asked for my application form, straight way went through a few pages very quickly (payment + photos + judgements + absences) in 2 minutes.

Asked for passports and look through few pages.

Asked me to sign page to confirm I understand the application process.

Took payment page out and went to back office for payment. came back in about 5 minutes and told payment is being processed and I will be given a receipt shortly.

Started checking our details in the system.

Asked for Life in UK, verified it.
Asked for Salary slips + Bank Statements, cross matched quickly.
Asked for Cohabitation evidence.

Made some notes and asked us to wait while she do some checks in the back office.

came back in about 8-10 minutes, gave us the payment receipt, told that application looks fine and I can expect decision today. We were told to go to waiting area and wait for biometrics.

CW did not do any kind of interview. This whole process took about 35 minutes.

called for biometrics: 11:30 and finished in about 20 minutes.
called at reception at 12:00 and asked us to come back by 1:30-2:00
Went back at 1:30, our documents were ready for collection with approval letters.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri May 03, 2013 10:04 pm

skilled_migrant wrote:
How long did it take for them to give you ILR letter.Did the CW interview for a long time?

I had appointment at 10:00 AM

Security clearance: 9:50
Token Number given: 10:05
Called by caseworker: 10:25

Asked for my application form, straight way went through a few pages very quickly (payment + photos + judgements + absences) in 2 minutes.

Asked for passports and look through few pages.

Asked me to sign page to confirm I understand the application process.

Took payment page out and went to back office for payment. came back in about 5 minutes and told payment is being processed and I will be given a receipt shortly.

Started checking our details in the system.

Asked for Life in UK, verified it.
Asked for Salary slips + Bank Statements, cross matched quickly.
Asked for Cohabitation evidence.

Made some notes and asked us to wait while she do some checks in the back office.

came back in about 8-10 minutes, gave us the payment receipt, told that application looks fine and I can expect decision today. We were told to go to waiting area and wait for biometrics.

CW did not do any kind of interview. This whole process took about 35 minutes.

called for biometrics: 11:30 and finished in about 20 minutes.
called at reception at 12:00 and asked us to come back by 1:30-2:00
Went back at 1:30, our documents were ready for collection with approval letters.
Thank you for your detailed experience.
KEVIN

syed_ILR

Post by syed_ILR » Fri May 03, 2013 10:44 pm

skilled_migrant wrote:I attended Solihull PEO today and got ILR approved same day.

These are the only official requirements mentioned in the application form. I had a lot of other documents kept aside in case if they ask but they never asked anything else.

Congrats.

what kind of maintenance fund are you talking about?? I don't see anywhere in the guidance notes about maintenance...12 months bank statement you provide was the proof of earnings mate.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri May 03, 2013 11:02 pm

syed_ILR wrote:

Congrats.

what kind of maintenance fund are you talking about?? I don't see anywhere in the guidance notes about maintenance...12 months bank statement you provide was the proof of earnings mate.
You are absolutely correct. To make their case stronger some applicants have been giving 6 months balance letters and Savings letters, to CWs.
KEVIN

Tier1toILR

Post by Tier1toILR » Sat May 04, 2013 11:17 am

Thanks skilled_migrant for giving info on your experience.

However, may I confirm following:
1. What qualifying period did you consider for ILR ie; From the date of entry or date of entry clearance?
2. How many days before qualifying date did you apply?

Thanks.

onabanjo

Post by onabanjo » Sat May 04, 2013 12:07 pm

Congratulations .Enjoy your ILR :D
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

skilled_migrant

Post by skilled_migrant » Sat May 04, 2013 12:18 pm

Tier1toILR wrote:Thanks skilled_migrant for giving info on your experience.

However, may I confirm following:
1. What qualifying period did you consider for ILR ie; From the date of entry or date of entry clearance?
2. How many days before qualifying date did you apply?

Thanks.
Date of Entry Clearance: 29/05/2008
Date entered UK: 03/07/2008 (after 35 days of EC)
Qualify for ILR: 02/05/2013 (28 days before EC because I entered UK within 90 days of EC)
Applied: 03/05/2013

valeed.naim2

Post by valeed.naim2 » Sat May 04, 2013 12:48 pm

Hello Skill_Migrant,

I am going to apply ILR in few weeks time with two dependant.

1. Did they asked about employer absences letter. I have only 120 out of country absences in last five year and longest trip was 54 days only. I am not sure did I was to employer for the letter.

2. Did they asked you about the 5-years P60. The reason I am asking this question I have slightly below salary in first year (2008-2009) than the salary which I claimed in initial application.

3. Did you also include your child. Is child was born in the UK. I also want to include my child even it is born in UK. What you advise?

skilled_migrant

Post by skilled_migrant » Sat May 04, 2013 8:55 pm

valeed.naim2 wrote:Hello Skill_Migrant,

I am going to apply ILR in few weeks time with two dependant.

1. Did they asked about employer absences letter. I have only 120 out of country absences in last five year and longest trip was 54 days only. I am not sure did I was to employer for the letter. No, they did not ask for any evidence of absences. I had total of 45 days of absences in three visits out of country.

2. Did they asked you about the 5-years P60. The reason I am asking this question I have slightly below salary in first year (2008-2009) than the salary which I claimed in initial application. No, they did not ask for 5-years P60

3. Did you also include your child. Is child was born in the UK. I also want to include my child even it is born in UK. What you advise?
I included my son who was not born in UK, but I did not included 2nd child who was born here. Will apply for his registration as british citizen on form MN1 after I receive BRP

ss1976
Newly Registered

Hi Skilled_Migrant

Post by ss1976 » Thu May 09, 2013 10:33 pm

Did you receive your BRP card? I too did it in Solihull PEO on 03rd May at an appointment time of 10.20 a.m.

I am yet to receive the BRP card. I have a travel requirement next week and so curious to know.

Regards
ss1976

skilled_migrant

Re: Hi Skilled_Migrant

Post by skilled_migrant » Fri May 10, 2013 3:27 pm

ss1976 wrote:Did you receive your BRP card? I too did it in Solihull PEO on 03rd May at an appointment time of 10.20 a.m.

I am yet to receive the BRP card. I have a travel requirement next week and so curious to know.

Regards
ss1976
Yes I received yesterday. We must have seen each other on the day :)

ss1976
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by ss1976 » Sun May 12, 2013 9:27 pm

Thanks for letting me know. Yes we should have seen each other and congratulations to you.

I am yet to receive my BRP card. Fingers crossed on travel this week.

goodssb

Post by goodssb » Mon May 13, 2013 4:03 pm

Congrats!

Can I ask what kind of cohabitation proof did you provide and how long period did they cover?