ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CONTINUOUS PERIOD OF 5 YEARS SPENT IN UK LAWFULLY

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

joe135
Newly Registered

CONTINUOUS PERIOD OF 5 YEARS SPENT IN UK LAWFULLY

Post by joe135 » Sat May 04, 2013 2:53 pm

very good day to you!
i am intending to apply for tier 2 (general migrant) as a registered nurse currently on work permit valid till september 2013. my query is about CONTINUOUS PERIOD OF 5 YEARS SPENT IN UK LAWFULLY. I would like to know that if i switch from being work permit holder to Tier 2 general immigrant, would this change of employer be considered in line with my continuous 5 year lawful stay in UK to enable me to apply for INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN in september 2013.

Please answer my query in light of new changes to immigration rules.
the problem why i would like to change workpermit to tier 2 is that i m having serious trouble with my employer,, please be king enough to answer.

I would appreciate your response

safatafa
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by safatafa » Sat May 04, 2013 4:38 pm

Hi there
It will count towards continous leave when do u complete 5 years!!

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat May 04, 2013 6:42 pm

joe135
Newly Registered

re

Post by joe135 » Sat May 04, 2013 7:37 pm

hi Manci
thanks for link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Unfortunately could,t comprehend the very technical lingo though i kept pouring on it..would you mind to please tell me in simple words that

IF I SWITCH FROM WORKPERMIT TO TIRE 2, MY TIME SPENT AS WORKPERMIT HOLDER( ie nearly 4 years and 9 months )will be counted towards my 5 years time period to enable me to apply for ILR.
regards

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: re

Post by physicskate » Sat May 04, 2013 7:49 pm

joe135 wrote:hi Manci
Unfortunately could,t comprehend the very technical lingo though i kept pouring on it..would you mind to please tell me in simple words that

IF I SWITCH FROM WORKPERMIT TO TIRE 2, MY TIME SPENT AS WORKPERMIT HOLDER( ie nearly 4 years and 9 months )will be counted towards my 5 years time period to enable me to apply for ILR.
regards
Yes.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: re

Post by manci » Sat May 04, 2013 11:03 pm

joe135 wrote:hi Manci

IF I SWITCH FROM WORKPERMIT TO TIRE 2, MY TIME SPENT AS WORKPERMIT HOLDER( ie nearly 4 years and 9 months )will be counted towards my 5 years time period to enable me to apply for ILR. yes, your time as a work permit holder will be aggregated with time on Tier 2 General to make up the 5 years provided you switch to T2G in-country. Your absences from the UK should be within the permitted limits to be eligible for ILR. regards

joe135
Newly Registered

re qualifying work permit

Post by joe135 » Mon May 06, 2013 7:17 am

hi
i been looking around to find the meaning of qualifying workpermit holders.
the documents which i carry have only word WORK PERMIT ARRANGEMENTS UNDER IMMIGRATION ACT 1971 and it doesnt say work permit under business and commercial arrangements.
does it mean that i will qualify for ILR if i switch from wp to tier2.

thanking you very much

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon May 06, 2013 7:51 am

you'll find the definition of "qualifying work permit" here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

A qualifying work permit holder is a work permit holder in either the business and commercial category or the sports and entertainment category, provided their work permit was not a multiple entry work permit. Training and Work Experience Scheme (TWES) or Sectors Based Scheme (SBS) work permit holders are not qualifying work permit holders.

Note that if the work permit was MEWP, TWES or SBS this would normally be indicated in the top left hand corner of the work permit. Refer to the notes on the reverse side of the work permit. The letter you had enclosing the work permit was probably headed:
IMMIGRATION ACT 1971 - THE WORK PERMIT ARRANGEMENTS

joe135
Newly Registered

qualifying wp

Post by joe135 » Mon May 06, 2013 8:41 am

Tha manci
I cant see the type of wp but yes the letter does say immigration acts 1971 : work permit arrangements
my wp was issued for 60 months in health care

And now dont know what to do next
Shall I go for tier2 or not

Thanks you for helping[/b]

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon May 06, 2013 5:45 pm

joe135 wrote:iAnd now dont know what to do next
t is your choice but if you decide to switch to Tier 2 don't resign until your application is approved by UKBA.

Therre are new rules about min. skill and salary levels for Tier 2, you will need an unrestricted CoS and.the sponsor wil have to do a RLMT (unless your occupation is on the shortage list).

joe135
Newly Registered

wp

Post by joe135 » Mon May 06, 2013 6:53 pm

Tha manci
Anyother way to find what is the catgory of my wp as issued in sep 2008 in health care set up
Plz advise
Tha[/b]