ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Visa - same-day service

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

submon

Marriage Visa - same-day service

Post by submon » Sat May 04, 2013 4:03 pm

Hi Guys,

I am from India and my fiancee is from England. I applied for my fiancee visa in February from Kolkata and, thanks to God's grace, received the visa this month. We are getting married in mid-August and plan to apply for the marriage visa soon after.

However, I wanted to ask if we can opt for a same-day service for the marriage visa. If we apply through post, we would need to wait for at least months for the result, which is not something that we would be happy with as I have a job offer and a delay in getting my rights to work could see me lose the job.

So if we apply for same-day service, can we book for it before we get married? Or do we need to first get our marriage certificate and then book for the same-day service?

Any advise or suggestion on this would be hugely helpful.

Cheers!

Sub

Emrah

Re: Marriage Visa - same-day service

Post by Emrah » Sat May 04, 2013 4:35 pm

submon wrote:Hi Guys,

I am from India and my fiancee is from England. I applied for my fiancee visa in February from Kolkata and, thanks to God's grace, received the visa this month. We are getting married in mid-August and plan to apply for the marriage visa soon after.

However, I wanted to ask if we can opt for a same-day service for the marriage visa. If we apply through post, we would need to wait for at least months for the result, which is not something that we would be happy with as I have a job offer and a delay in getting my rights to work could see me lose the job.

So if we apply for same-day service, can we book for it before we get married? Or do we need to first get our marriage certificate and then book for the same-day service?

Any advise or suggestion on this would be hugely helpful.

Cheers!

Sub
so are you gonna apply for FLR (M) visa?

If so yes you can do same day service. But you have to make the appoinment for after the wedding cos they will ask marriage certificate.

submon

Post by submon » Sat May 04, 2013 5:40 pm

Thank you Emrah for your reply. Much appreciated, indeed!

Is the marriage visa process as tedious as the fiancee visa process? I mean, we, of course, have to show our marriage certificate and photos from the wedding as well as my fiancee's up-to-date wage slips and bank statements, but unlike the fiancee visa, is there is a certain degree of certainty over the marriage visa?

Sub

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Sat May 04, 2013 5:56 pm

submon wrote:Thank you Emrah for your reply. Much appreciated, indeed!

Is the marriage visa process as tedious as the fiancee visa process? I mean, we, of course, have to show our marriage certificate and photos from the wedding as well as my fiancee's up-to-date wage slips and bank statements, but unlike the fiancee visa, is there is a certain degree of certainty over the marriage visa?

Sub
Have you got the Life in the UK test pass certificate?

You both need to show your finances not just your fiancée

You better to check visa form and see what you need.

If you go there with missing documents you will be refused.

I would recommend you to check the form first do not hurry for the visa especially if you wanna do the same day service, when you get there you have to make sure you have got everything for them.

submon

Post by submon » Sat May 04, 2013 6:02 pm

Thank you, Emrah, again for your reply. Sorry, I must have been confusing in my posts... What we are going to apply is for a two/two-and-a-half-year visa. I just got the fiancee visa to marry my fiancee in the UK and after three months I would be looking to apply for a marriage visa/FLR (M) visa, which I believe would be valid for 30 months.

Do I need to show both my and my fincee's income for that? Or just my finacee's? And I don't think I need to take any test for that....

Sub

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Sat May 04, 2013 6:05 pm

submon wrote:Thank you, Emrah, again for your reply. Sorry, I must have been confusing in my posts... What we are going to apply is for a two/two-and-a-half-year visa. I just got the fiancee visa to marry my fiancee in the UK and after three months I would be looking to apply for a marriage visa/FLR (M) visa, which I believe would be valid for 30 months.

Do I need to show both my and my fincee's income for that? Or just my finacee's? And I don't think I need to take any test for that....

Sub
Im not too sure about that I dont wanna make you confused. Lets wait hope some gurus or mods can help you out.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat May 04, 2013 7:44 pm

submon wrote:Thank you, Emrah, again for your reply. Sorry, I must have been confusing in my posts... What we are going to apply is for a two/two-and-a-half-year visa. I just got the fiancee visa to marry my fiancee in the UK and after three months I would be looking to apply for a marriage visa/FLR (M) visa, which I believe would be valid for 30 months.

Sub
You can book the appointment whenever you like but when you go for the appointment you must ensure you meet the requirements including the financial requirement. Currently that is £18,600 for a couple without children. If you are both working, legally, you can use both incomes.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

submon

Post by submon » Sat May 04, 2013 9:52 pm

Thank you D4109125. Much appreciated for your reply. I won't be working at the time as I am not legally allowed to on my fiancee visa, but indeed my fiancee will have all her financial documents up to date.