ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent - ILR Question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

valeed.naim2

Urgent - ILR Question

Post by valeed.naim2 » Sat May 04, 2013 9:22 pm

Hello,

I am applying for ILR in few weeks time need some help on this.

Initially I was student (entered uk in sept 2004) and then I moved on tier 1 visa (general) in july 2008 . My current status is Tier 1 general immigrant.

In the Set (o) application a question from section 6 Immigration history question 6.1 "When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.

Please confirm that did I need entered the Sept 2004 when I entered in the UK OR when I moved to tier1 general visa in july 2008. Thanks,

Valeed

Emrah

Re: Urgent - ILR Question

Post by Emrah » Sat May 04, 2013 9:59 pm

valeed.naim2 wrote:Hello,

Initially I was student (entered uk in sept 2004) and then I moved on tier 1 visa (general) in july 2008 . My current status is Tier 1 general immigrant.

In the Set (o) application a question from section 6 Immigration history question 6.1 "When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.

Please confirm that did I need entered the Sept 2004 when I entered in the UK OR when I moved to tier1 general visa in july 2008. Thanks,

Valeed
Question is pretty simple actually. They are asking when did you FIRST enter the UK? Thats sept 2004.

valeed.naim2

Re: Urgent - ILR Question

Post by valeed.naim2 » Sat May 04, 2013 10:26 pm

Emrah wrote:
valeed.naim2 wrote:Hello,

Valeed
Question is pretty simple actually. They are asking when did you FIRST enter the UK? Thats sept 2004.
I am guessing this asking about the date which ILR based. Please senior comments on this. Thanks

hsmp505

Post by hsmp505 » Sat May 04, 2013 11:49 pm

Answer would be 'July 2008'

The first time entry (Sep 2004) one was as student so not relevant.

Key point in that question is:
"beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based"

If your application is for Tier 1 ILR then it will be date when your application for switching to that category was approved.

That 2004 can only be used if this would have been 10 years ILR.

Hope this helps.

valeed.naim2

Post by valeed.naim2 » Sun May 05, 2013 9:42 am

hsmp505 wrote:Answer would be 'July 2008'

The first time entry (Sep 2004) one was as student so not relevant.

Key point in that question is:
"beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based"

If your application is for Tier 1 ILR then it will be date when your application for switching to that category was approved.

That 2004 can only be used if this would have been 10 years ILR.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply. I will fill my Tier 1 (G) approved date.

cruzez

Post by cruzez » Sun May 05, 2013 11:23 am

6.1 "When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.

when i applied my ILR
I put-down date of my Tier 1 g approved. Becoz of application based which is ILR from tier 1.

There was a question somewhere how mnay years u spent in UK? for that i put 8 years. I was student here b4, n student work permit.