ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

techguy007

Post by techguy007 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:23 am

Dear Friends,

Here is my timeline for the Unmarried Partner Visa -> ILR

I applied for ILR under unmarried partner visa which i received back in 2011.

1) Submitted the Application - 13th March
2) Submitted finger prints - 2nd April
3) Received the ILR success confirmation letter and documents - 26th April
Hopefully within a week i will be able to receive the BRP.

Total time: 1 month 13 days(compared to 19 days for my unmarried partner visa)

Thanks again for the support i received here.

crossbow
Newly Registered

SET(O) Timeline

Post by crossbow » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:42 am

hi all
following is my initial timeline of my application which is still under process

5 year residence on HSMP (2 yrs) and Tier 1 (General) (3 yrs)
SET(O) with 1 Dependant

28 Mar 2013 Application posted
02 Apr 2013 Received at UKBA (as per the royal mail tracker)
03 Apr 2013 Payment on Credit Card debited
04 Apr 2013 Credit Card statement showed the payment
04 Apr 2013 Current T1G expired
08 Apr 2013 Acknowldgement Letter received (Dated 04 Apr 2013)
10 Apr 2013 Biometric Notification Letters received (Dated 08 Apr 2013)
15 Apr 2013 Biometrics given in Post office

...and waiting

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:16 pm

mike_k wrote:Hi gmx, thanks once again! I would assume that so long as you aren't asked to provide any documents other than those which were supplied with the initial application then you would be able to use this rule. However, the document you provided makes it pretty clear that if you were asked to provide more information, or had taken a while to respond to a request then they could argue that any delay was at least in part due to you. Given that (I believe) the application of this rule is up to the discretion of the case-worker then I probably would not risk it if I was asked to provide more stuff (even if the application ended up taking a long time).

I'm guessing that given so many ILR applications appear to be taking much longer than six months, we should be able to find an example of someone using this ruling on the forum - if not in the recent past then probably in the near future...
Since providing biometrics is an extra step that is dependent on you, I would assume the start of the "delay due to UKBA" after the date you provided your biometrics, if they subsequently don't ask you for any more documents.

gmx

Post by gmx » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:41 pm

In my case, we did our biometrics the same day we received the biometrics letter invite, which was more than 4 months ago. Since then, I have not received any further correspondence from them.
dimension7 wrote:
mike_k wrote:Hi gmx, thanks once again! I would assume that so long as you aren't asked to provide any documents other than those which were supplied with the initial application then you would be able to use this rule. However, the document you provided makes it pretty clear that if you were asked to provide more information, or had taken a while to respond to a request then they could argue that any delay was at least in part due to you. Given that (I believe) the application of this rule is up to the discretion of the case-worker then I probably would not risk it if I was asked to provide more stuff (even if the application ended up taking a long time).

I'm guessing that given so many ILR applications appear to be taking much longer than six months, we should be able to find an example of someone using this ruling on the forum - if not in the recent past then probably in the near future...
Since providing biometrics is an extra step that is dependent on you, I would assume the start of the "delay due to UKBA" after the date you provided your biometrics, if they subsequently don't ask you for any more documents.

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Re: SET(O) Timeline

Post by go2khurram » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:15 pm

crossbow wrote:hi all
following is my initial timeline of my application which is still under process

5 year residence on HSMP (2 yrs) and Tier 1 (General) (3 yrs)
SET(O) with 1 Dependant

28 Mar 2013 Application posted
02 Apr 2013 Received at UKBA (as per the royal mail tracker)
03 Apr 2013 Payment on Credit Card debited
04 Apr 2013 Credit Card statement showed the payment
04 Apr 2013 Current T1G expired
08 Apr 2013 Acknowldgement Letter received (Dated 04 Apr 2013)
10 Apr 2013 Biometric Notification Letters received (Dated 08 Apr 2013)
15 Apr 2013 Biometrics given in Post office

...and waiting
I have similar timelines

ILR Application Timelines:

Application Type: Set(0) Main Applicant + 4 Dependents
(HSMP -2 Years + Tier 1 - 3 Years)

Initial Visa Stamp Date: 11th April 2008
UK Entry Date: 12th July 2008
Gap Between Entry Visa Stamp and Entry: 92 days
Tier 1 Visa Expiry Date: 11 April 2013

Application Sent: 4th April 2013
Payment Method: Cheque
Payment Date: 12th April 2013
Ack Letter Dated: 9th April 2013
Ackt Letter Received: 15th April 2013
*Ack Letter said App received for Set(M) while I applied for Set(O)
Biometrics Letter Dated: 24th April 2013
Biometrics Leter Received : 26th April 2013

Biometrics : Not Done Sofar

balixonline
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by balixonline » Wed May 01, 2013 1:49 pm

I wonder if anyone knows about timeline to apply for passport or biritish nationality after receving ILR.

suppose ILR start date is 18/04/2013; when i can apply for nutralization and it may be a stupid question but will i have to pay for nutralization or is it just passport fees ill have to pay.

mike_k

Post by mike_k » Wed May 01, 2013 2:04 pm

gmx wrote:In my case, we did our biometrics the same day we received the biometrics letter invite, which was more than 4 months ago. Since then, I have not received any further correspondence from them.
dimension7 wrote:

I would have thought that using the date of biometric enrollment as the date from which to count the 15 months would be a conservative approach to take. From memory they give you two weeks from receipt of the invitation to enroll your biometric data to do so. I would have thought that as long as you do this then you should be ok as you have fully complied with their requests. We applied the same day as we received the letter, so it is difficult to see how they could reasonably argue that we have held up their process.

What is really required is more information from people who are applying for citizenship using this rule. I am keeping an eye on the citizenship forum to check this. Whereismyilr related an example where (from memory) a friend had his ILR stamped with the date on which his previous leave had expired, which was about one month after he/she applied and about six months prior to him/her receiving his/her passport back. He/she then applied 12 months after the date on the stamp and was successful. Maybe things will be clearer once we receive our ilr (if that day ever arrives...).

Wheresmyilr
Newly Registered

Post by Wheresmyilr » Wed May 01, 2013 2:58 pm

Just checked with my friend to get the details, he said what was key was not the date on his ILR, which was the date it was issued, but the approval letter that he got which contained a phrase something along the lines of "You became free from Immigration restrictions on <date>". In his case the date was the date his previous visa would have expired and also the date he was in the country for five years. He said his lawyer told him to qualify for naturalisation you need to have been "free from immigration restrictions" for twelve months, and you just need to prove this. Thus by sending his letter with the application he was able to proved he has been free from immigration restrictions for twelve months after this date and not the date he got his ILR. Would be interested if there is anyone out there with a recent approval letter who can verify if it mentions about becoming free from immigration restrictions or some such wording and what date it shows.
mike_k wrote:
gmx wrote:In my case, we did our biometrics the same day we received the biometrics letter invite, which was more than 4 months ago. Since then, I have not received any further correspondence from them.
dimension7 wrote:

I would have thought that using the date of biometric enrollment as the date from which to count the 15 months would be a conservative approach to take. From memory they give you two weeks from receipt of the invitation to enroll your biometric data to do so. I would have thought that as long as you do this then you should be ok as you have fully complied with their requests. We applied the same day as we received the letter, so it is difficult to see how they could reasonably argue that we have held up their process.

What is really required is more information from people who are applying for citizenship using this rule. I am keeping an eye on the citizenship forum to check this. Whereismyilr related an example where (from memory) a friend had his ILR stamped with the date on which his previous leave had expired, which was about one month after he/she applied and about six months prior to him/her receiving his/her passport back. He/she then applied 12 months after the date on the stamp and was successful. Maybe things will be clearer once we receive our ilr (if that day ever arrives...).

banats
Newly Registered

Any suugestions

Post by banats » Wed May 01, 2013 10:04 pm

Hi to everyone i applied last year for ilr 14 years unlowfull long residence as i came in 1998 but unfortunatly my application has been refused and i am appleling in the tribunal any suugestion please. Thanks Ash

14yearsintheuk
Newly Registered

Re: Any suugestions

Post by 14yearsintheuk » Wed May 01, 2013 10:52 pm

Hi, I am sorry to hear that, I applied for the ILR on 14 years stay as well last July, and I have not heard from UKBA at tall, very worried.

Do you mind to share your story? also what is the reason that UKBA has refused your application? It will be of a great help for me and for the others who are in the same situation. thanks.

there is a thread that specially has been created for 14 year application,
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &start=420
banats wrote:Hi to everyone i applied last year for ilr 14 years unlowfull long residence as i came in 1998 but unfortunatly my application has been refused and i am appleling in the tribunal any suugestion please. Thanks Ash

gmx

Post by gmx » Thu May 02, 2013 9:00 am

Oct-12 stats as of 26-Mar-13 32% had been decided, yet they put this statement clearly in writing:

"I can further advise that the advertised service standard to decide 95% of applications within six
months of receipt is across all settlement applications and we are currently meeting this standard."

Do you still trust them?

banats
Newly Registered

Post by banats » Thu May 02, 2013 9:27 am

have not heard from UKBA at tall, very worried.

Do you mind to share your story? also what is the reason that UKBA has refused your application? It will be of a great help for me and for the others who are in the same situation. thanks.

banats wrote:Hi to everyone i applied last year for ilr 14 years unlowfull long residence as i came in 1998 but unfortunatly my application has been refused and i am appleling in the tribunal any suugestion please. Thanks Ash
[/quote]
You must be near of getting your replay i pray that you get it in your faver but overall they are refusing most of the applications submited in july last year.
I entered in the country in 1998 illegally so i submited all my doucments in since 1999 in which there were salary slips, english certificate which did in 1999, tenentcy certificate all my bank statement since i wasd able to open bank account. UKBa people feel that i came in 2005 cause before that offices i worked have been closed they can not verifiy that.

14yearsintheuk
Newly Registered

Post by 14yearsintheuk » Thu May 02, 2013 9:49 am

Thanks, fingers are crossed.

you mean, you did not enter the UK legally? that means you do not have enough evidence to prove that you came here in 1998?

Do you have enough bank statements/Bills to cover Almost each month from 1999 until July 2012? If you have enough bank statements, I do not believe the UKBA need to verify anything with your previous bosses.

If you have enough hard evidence, or any compassionate reasons you should appeal. I understand it is a very difficult time, wish you good luck.

You should post your case on this thread, specialized in 14 years cases, some people there are very knowledgeable, could offer you great helps.

banats wrote:have not heard from UKBA at tall, very worried.

You must be near of getting your replay i pray that you get it in your faver but overall they are refusing most of the applications submited in july last year.
I entered in the country in 1998 illegally so i submited all my doucments in since 1999 in which there were salary slips, english certificate which did in 1999, tenentcy certificate all my bank statement since i wasd able to open bank account. UKBa people feel that i came in 2005 cause before that offices i worked have been closed they can not verifiy that.[/quote]

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Thu May 02, 2013 12:17 pm

The title of this thread clearly says:

Why is it being hijacked? Is there a problem with the 14 yr thread?
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=55963

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Post by go2khurram » Thu May 02, 2013 12:18 pm

dimension7 wrote:The title of this thread clearly says:

Why is it being hijacked?
Agreed... Also this should be used to post the timeline only ...discussions should be on separate thread

banats
Newly Registered

Post by banats » Thu May 02, 2013 12:46 pm

14yearsintheuk wrote:Thanks, fingers are crossed.

you mean, you did not enter the UK legally? that means you do not have enough evidence to prove that you came here in 1998?

Do you have enough bank statements/Bills to cover Almost each month from 1999 until July 2012? If you have enough bank statements, I do not believe the UKBA need to verify anything with your previous bosses.

If you have enough hard evidence, or any compassionate reasons you should appeal. I understand it is a very difficult time, wish you good luck.

You should post your case on this thread, specialized in 14 years cases, some people there are very knowledgeable, could offer you great helps.

I entered in the country in 1998 illegally so i submited all my doucments in since 1999 in which there were salary slips, english certificate which did in 1999, tenentcy certificate all my bank statement since i wasd able to open bank account. UKBa people feel that i came in 2005 cause before that offices i worked have been closed they can not verifiy that.
[/quote]
yes i entered in illegaly thats why i do not have any proof but i have salary slips from mu periveous jobs and i had bank statetments since 20004.

14yearsintheuk
Newly Registered

Post by 14yearsintheuk » Thu May 02, 2013 1:04 pm

hm, this is hard. If you could find your previous bosses, and asking them to give evidences on you behalf, you may have a chance. I think UKBA need hard evidences. or if you have family here, or on some compassionate grounds. good luck, keep us posted as to how you are getting on.

Is there anyone else have any insights in this issue? please help, thanks
banats wrote:
14yearsintheuk wrote:Thanks, fingers are crossed.

yes i entered in illegaly thats why i do not have any proof but i have salary slips from mu periveous jobs and i had bank statetments since 20004.[/quote]

mike_k

Post by mike_k » Thu May 02, 2013 4:47 pm

gmx wrote:Oct-12 stats as of 26-Mar-13 32% had been decided, yet they put this statement clearly in writing:

"I can further advise that the advertised service standard to decide 95% of applications within six
months of receipt is across all settlement applications and we are currently meeting this standard."

Do you still trust them?
Arrrgggggghhhhh! I would love to request the proof that they used to make that statement. Maybe if I am feeling motivated in the next few days this will be my next point of complaint.

Oh and could a moderator please delete/move the threads regarding the 14 years applications. These forums are valuable sources of information for applicants and the correct filing of posts is very useful for everyone. I'd be grateful if the offenders "14yearsintheuk" and "banats" could try and respect the other users by doing this... The first page of this thread also makes it clear that it is for posting timelines as well as information/experiences regarding our ILR applications.

meemyself&I

Re: My SET M application timeline

Post by meemyself&I » Fri May 03, 2013 12:34 pm

Date of posting: 5 April 2013
Received by HO: 8 April 2013
Fee taken: 12.04.13 old fee £991.00
Acknowledgement letter: Received 15.04.13
Biometric letter: 3 May 2013
Biometric completed: 3 May 2013
BRP received on: Not yet
Docs and approval: Not yet
God's divine child

meemyself&I

Post by meemyself&I » Fri May 03, 2013 7:45 pm

balixonline wrote:I wonder if anyone knows about timeline to apply for passport or biritish nationality after receving ILR.

suppose ILR start date is 18/04/2013; when i can apply for nutralization and it may be a stupid question but will i have to pay for nutralization or is it just passport fees ill have to pay.
I am no expert but i think you can apply for Naturalisation on 18/04/2014 (by this time you would have been one year free from immigration control), but you have to make sure that when you are counting back to meet the 5 / 3 years residency criteria, make sure that you were physically present in the UK at that time you have counted back to.

You will have to apply for Naturalisaton, complete the relevant form and pay the fee at the time, which at the moment is quite close to or a little over a £1000.

After you have received your Naturalisation certificate is when you can apply for a British Passport.

Hope this helps.
God's divine child

meemyself&I

Post by meemyself&I » Sat May 04, 2013 5:05 am

meemyself&I wrote:
balixonline wrote:I wonder if anyone knows about timeline to apply for passport or biritish nationality after receving ILR.

I am no expert but i think you can apply for Naturalisation on 18/04/2014 (by this time you would have been one year free from immigration control), but you have to make sure that when you are counting back to meet the 5 / 3 years residency criteria, make sure that you were physically present in the UK at that time you have counted back to.

You will have to apply for Naturalisaton, complete the relevant form and pay the fee at the time, which at the moment is quite close to or a little over a £1000.

After you have received your Naturalisation certificate is when you can apply for a British Passport.

Hope this helps.

This information might be useful too, just realised that since it was SET M you have just applied and issued visa for, you could be married to a British Citizen, if that is the case then this information below might help:

Naturalisation

Eligibility

Q1: I was just granted ILR, when can I apply?

If not married to BC, the standard requirements need to be met. This includes holding ILR/PR for at least 12 months before applying.

If married to a BC, you can apply the same day you are granted ILR if you meet the spouse requirements which includes 3 years residence. Any legal stay in the UK counts.

An important requirement you should pay attention to is that you need to have been physically present in the UK at the beginning of the 3/5 years residence period i.e. the day the HO receives your application 3/5 years back. This is a pass/fail test and the HO has no discretion with this requirement.
God's divine child

ccc
Newly Registered

Post by ccc » Sun May 05, 2013 9:27 am

ccc wrote:
  • Set: O
    Application Date: 2012-11-05
    Payment Taken: 2012-11-07
    Acknowledgement Letter: 2012-11-09
    Biometric Letter: 2013-01-11
    Biometric Enrollment: 2013-01-14
    ILR: --
    Biometric Resident Permit
    s: --
Well, 6 months today, I am joining the 5% group.

gmx

Post by gmx » Sun May 05, 2013 10:56 pm

The imaginary group especially created by UKBA :shock:
ccc wrote:
ccc wrote:
  • Set: O
    Application Date: 2012-11-05
    Payment Taken: 2012-11-07
    Acknowledgement Letter: 2012-11-09
    Biometric Letter: 2013-01-11
    Biometric Enrollment: 2013-01-14
    ILR: --
    Biometric Resident Permit
    s: --
Well, 6 months today, I am joining the 5% group.

mschauhan

Post by mschauhan » Tue May 07, 2013 5:05 am

mike_k wrote:
gmx wrote:Oct-12 stats as of 26-Mar-13 32% had been decided, yet they put this statement clearly in writing:

Do you still trust them?
Arrrgggggghhhhh! I would love to request the proof that they used to make that statement. Maybe if I am feeling motivated in the next few days this will be my next point of complaint.

Oh and could a moderator please delete/move the threads regarding the 14 years applications. These forums are valuable sources of information for applicants and the correct filing of posts is very useful for everyone. I'd be grateful if the offenders "14yearsintheuk" and "banats" could try and respect the other users by doing this... The first page of this thread also makes it clear that it is for posting timelines as well as information/experiences regarding our ILR applications.
Totally Agreed with you Buddy. There are separate threads for all kind of application on this forum so its great idea to use the relevant one as we are all Civilized people and know what to do.

sanks
Newly Registered

Post by sanks » Tue May 07, 2013 7:17 pm

Another pathetic stat from UKBA regarding AUG 2012 applicants.

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/1 ... 1.pdf.html