ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English test requirement from Oct 2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mahajegadesh
Newly Registered

English test requirement from Oct 2013

Post by mahajegadesh » Sun May 05, 2013 7:30 am

Hi I am in ict tier 2 and will be applying for ILR in Nov 2013, as part of new english test requirement do I need to take any level B1 test (PET)?
I m an engineering graduate from India and think my last extension of ICT Ws through Point based system(PBS) which I scored 10 default for english language skill? Also any requirement for my wife (PBS dep) she too is an engineering graduate from south india

Ta
All for any help , searched enough through net not getting the answer for above

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: English test requirement from Oct 2013

Post by Amber » Sun May 05, 2013 8:01 am

mahajegadesh wrote:Hi I am in ict tier 2 and will be applying for ILR in Nov 2013, as part of new english test requirement do I need to take any level B1 test (PET)?
I m an engineering graduate from India and think my last extension of ICT Ws through Point based system(PBS) which I scored 10 default for english language skill? Also any requirement for my wife (PBS dep) she too is an engineering graduate from south india

Ta
Was your degree taught in English?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Sun May 05, 2013 9:22 am

do not have to appear for any other english language test, except LITUK of course, after Oct 2013 if your degree was taught in english
Manka

mahajegadesh
Newly Registered

Post by mahajegadesh » Sun May 05, 2013 10:59 am

D4109125 wrote:
mahajegadesh wrote:Hi I am in ict tier 2 and will be applying for ILR in Nov 2013, as part of new english test requirement do I need to take any level B1 test (PET)?

Ta

Yes engineering in english

mahajegadesh
Newly Registered

Post by mahajegadesh » Sun May 05, 2013 11:01 am

Manka10 wrote:do not have to appear for any other english language test, except LITUK of course, after Oct 2013 if your degree was taught in english

Hi thanks for clarifying yes my engineering degree is english

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun May 05, 2013 11:04 am

mahajegadesh wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

Ta

Then get evidence from NARIC that it is comparable to an English bachelors degree, a letter from the insitiution to say it was taught in English and the degree transcirpt (showing degree awarded).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

mahajegadesh
Newly Registered

Post by mahajegadesh » Sun May 05, 2013 11:32 am

D4109125 wrote:
mahajegadesh wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

Ta

Then get evidence from NARIC that it is comparable to an English bachelors degree, a letter from the insitiution to say it was taught in English and the degree transcirpt (showing degree awarded).

My degree certificate itself is in english are you sure I need get a letter from institution stating I studied in english :) surely they will laugh at me.
When I put the points calculator(pbs) my university is reflecting in there and I get 10 points I hope this is done based on naric database , now where I can know if that is equivalent to level B1 which is the requirement from oct 13

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Sun May 05, 2013 12:48 pm

mahajegadesh wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
mahajegadesh wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

My degree certificate itself is in english are you sure I need get a letter from institution stating I studied in english :) surely they will laugh at me.
When I put the points calculator(pbs) my university is reflecting in there and I get 10 points I hope this is done based on naric database , now where I can know if that is equivalent to level B1 which is the requirement from oct 13

Hi ,

Go to NARIC website and look for english assessment .. you have to pay additional £ 56.00 for english language equivalance ...
Thanks

Ali

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Sun May 05, 2013 1:24 pm

mahajegadesh wrote:My degree certificate itself is in english are you sure I need get a letter from institution stating I studied in english :) surely they will laugh at me.
dont think NARIC cert is needed especially if Uni name shows up on UKBA & you have used it to claim english language points earlier BUT havent been in that situation myself personally
Manka

mahajegadesh
Newly Registered

Post by mahajegadesh » Sun May 05, 2013 2:19 pm

When I put the points calculator(pbs) my university is reflecting in there and I get 10 points I hope this is done based on naric database , now where I can know if that is equivalent to level B1 which is the requirement from oct 13[/quote]dont think NARIC cert is needed especially if Uni name shows up on UKBA & you have used it to claim english language points earlier BUT havent been in that situation myself personally[/quote]

Makes sense so I need get a assessment from Naric to find equivalence of my degree to level of english , i think instead of paying 56 pound for an assessment think it is better to write a PET test? Any suggestion which is cheaper?

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Sun May 05, 2013 2:37 pm

all bachelor level courses taught in english are above the B1/B2 level, jus speak to some immigration adviser to get a confirmation if your overseas bachelor degree taught in english which you have already used in previous LTR applications is sufficient for the requirement
Manka

mahajegadesh
Newly Registered

Post by mahajegadesh » Sun May 05, 2013 3:29 pm

Manka10 wrote:all bachelor level courses taught in english are above the B1/B2 level, jus speak to some immigration adviser to get a confirmation if your overseas bachelor degree taught in english which you have already used in previous LTR applications is sufficient for the requirement
Thank you will post once I get confirmation or further inputs

vvssaikrishna
Newly Registered

Post by vvssaikrishna » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:41 pm

Hi Mahajagadesh,

Hope you have already done with ILR process.

Could you please let me know have you done the B1 test or Letter from UKNARIC. As I am in the same situation.

Many thanks.

Saikrishna