ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa refused after interview

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ent2013

Visa refused after interview

Post by Ent2013 » Sun May 05, 2013 10:21 am

hi,
My Ent visa (50k) refused (02 May) after interview.

Case details:
Apply: 28th Nov 2012
Interview call: 28 March
Interview: 15th April
Business: IT Services
Funds: Personal Account (uk)

No Queries made by ukba

Right of appeal: Yes

Reason:
Home office is not satisfied that you are genuinely going to establish business or intend to invest 50 k.

(No objection on any document at all, not asked for any doc since i applied)

Only reason i see is i am in UK from almost last 7 years.

Regards

walkingintherain
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Re: Visa refused after interview

Post by walkingintherain » Sun May 05, 2013 10:42 am

Hi ent 2013,,
Thats a really sad news. Now you have to prove in appeal that you are a genuin business man and you have started the business,have invested some of the money and would continue to dothe full investment of 50ks.
By the way, would you like to share some of your interview qz, about your job and business nature please and what sort of contracts you provided?
Best of luck for appeal.hopefully you will get positive results.
Regards

razi1234
- thin ice -

interview

Post by razi1234 » Sun May 05, 2013 10:46 am

sorry to hear about refusal

in ur interview what was the main focus of interviewer?do u had employer liability insurance ?ur registered office address was home address?
does the company to whom you did contract with is limited company?
i m in the same boat ,i did interview on 26 april ,no reply yet ,7 years in country,,body language of interviewer clearly shows that no intension to give visa.
r u going for appeal if yes on what grounds ?
thanks
RAZI

Ent2013

Re: Visa refused after interview

Post by Ent2013 » Sun May 05, 2013 10:50 am

Job title: Business developer
Business: IT Services

Interview questions were about, Full immigration history, than Business related (marketing, target market, services, insurance, office/home, potential clients, business plan) than about Funds ( source of funds, business account? etc).

But they dont had any objection on any of the document, dont know how to prove that i am genuine?

regards.

walkingintherain wrote:Hi ent 2013,,
Thats a really sad news. Now you have to prove in appeal that you are a genuin business man and you have started the business,have invested some of the money and would continue to dothe full investment of 50ks.
By the way, would you like to share some of your interview qz, about your job and business nature please and what sort of contracts you provided?
Best of luck for appeal.hopefully you will get positive results.
Regards

therock
Member of Standing

Post by therock » Sun May 05, 2013 10:53 am

Sorry to hear this mate. You should be okay in appeal insha Allah.

Did you apply alone or in a team?

Ent2013

Re: interview

Post by Ent2013 » Sun May 05, 2013 10:54 am

hi,
i provided everything in interview, insurance quote, office address, potential customers, etc.

Overall interview was very casual, it was like fun, no serious questions at all, just general questions.

regards

razi1234 wrote:sorry to hear about refusal

in ur interview what was the main focus of interviewer?do u had employer liability insurance ?ur registered office address was home address?
does the company to whom you did contract with is limited company?
i m in the same boat ,i did interview on 26 april ,no reply yet ,7 years in country,,body language of interviewer clearly shows that no intension to give visa.
r u going for appeal if yes on what grounds ?
thanks

Ent2013

Post by Ent2013 » Sun May 05, 2013 10:55 am

yes, INSHA ALLAH, its just wait that is killing coz will be more wait 2 to 3 months.

i applied alone.

regards
therock wrote:Sorry to hear this mate. You should be okay in appeal insha Allah.

Did you apply alone or in a team?

razi1234
- thin ice -

interview

Post by razi1234 » Sun May 05, 2013 10:58 am

hi guys
i dont wanna disappoint anyone but 20 days ago i have posted that interview =99% refusal(one of the famous barrister told me that perfectly genuine applicants which were his client for ent visa,12 applicants got interviews and all refused due to not looks genuine enterpreneur.
this is totally unfair ,unjustice.and i dont know whether appeal grounds could be solid on this ground or not,any senior advise plz
RAZI

Ent2013

Post by Ent2013 » Sun May 05, 2013 11:01 am

hi,
i dont know much about appeal grounds, but people are saying that this is refusal on general grounds, so should be fine in appeal. Lets see...

regards

razi1234 wrote:hi guys
i dont wanna disappoint anyone but 20 days ago i have posted that interview =99% refusal(one of the famous barrister told me that perfectly genuine applicants which were his client for ent visa,12 applicants got interviews and all refused due to not looks genuine enterpreneur.
this is totally unfair ,unjustice.and i dont know whether appeal grounds could be solid on this ground or not,any senior advise plz

HeretoHelp

Post by HeretoHelp » Sun May 05, 2013 11:23 am

I'm sorry to hear about your refusal. I hope you do well in appeal. I just have one question can you tell me what is your education background?

Ent2013

Post by Ent2013 » Sun May 05, 2013 11:29 am

hi,
My educational background is different than IT, i am an Mech Engineer, but they said they are satisfied with it, and awarded points for English on the base of degree.
Also they said we are completely satisfied with your immigration history, but we dont think if we give you T1 leave you will genuinely establish business or intend to invest.

regards

HeretoHelp wrote:I'm sorry to hear about your refusal. I hope you do well in appeal. I just have one question can you tell me what is your education background?

surveyer

Post by surveyer » Sun May 05, 2013 12:01 pm

So sorry to hear that. I guess like you mentioned the reason could be just that. Hope you can get it through appeal. I feel the interviewer is also our case worker although they do not like to tell us that. Was he/ she fully satisfied with whatever you mentioned during interview? Its so sick of them to refuse for such silly reasons despite providing all documents asked in the guidance and yet some who are not even aware of the rules in full go on to get the visa which is so unfair.

Ent2013

Post by Ent2013 » Sun May 05, 2013 12:19 pm

hi,
Actually I myself was not satisfied with the interview, because it was very casual and the person took my interview took in a hurry coz she was more interested to go home than finish with interview (my interview was at 1600). So its just matter of luck, its not about documents or not being genuine. And they did not object on any of my document, they accept in refusal letter they received everything required (current appt report, contract, etc).

Regards
surveyer wrote:So sorry to hear that. I guess like you mentioned the reason could be just that. Hope you can get it through appeal. I feel the interviewer is also our case worker although they do not like to tell us that. Was he/ she fully satisfied with whatever you mentioned during interview? Its so sick of them to refuse for such silly reasons despite providing all documents asked in the guidance and yet some who are not even aware of the rules in full go on to get the visa which is so unfair.

adeel168

Post by adeel168 » Sun May 05, 2013 1:13 pm

Did they mention why they are not satisfied ? They should not just say they.are not satisfied.

Ent2013

Post by Ent2013 » Sun May 05, 2013 1:33 pm

hi,
As i said they have no objection on any document directly, like bank statement or business statement, contract etc.

All they said is that, we are not satisfied, we dont think by giving you T1 leave you will establish business or intend to invest 50k. They did not mention any objection on funds even.

regards

adeel168 wrote:Did they mention why they are not satisfied ? They should not just say they.are not satisfied.

Shinya

Post by Shinya » Sun May 05, 2013 1:59 pm

They also consider your educational background and past work experience. Your business should relate to both. They called you for interview probably for this reason and were not satisfied with the answers you gave them.

Shinya

Post by Shinya » Sun May 05, 2013 2:03 pm

that is absolutely true. When they want to reject a case, they call you for interview before rejecting it so that they are convinced that they are taking the right decision and that they are not being unfair with you and also that they gave you a chance to prove your genuineness.

Ent2013

Post by Ent2013 » Sun May 05, 2013 2:07 pm

hi,
Right, but business experience or past work is not particularly a requirement to apply for T1 from ukba! And there is no guarantee of any business!
Its an opportunity provided by ukba or gov.

Well i think as far as educational and experience was concerned my answers were very much fine.

and i am not calming points on the base of Experience.

regards
Shinya wrote:They also consider your educational background and past work experience. Your business should relate to both. They called you for interview probably for this reason and were not satisfied with the answers you gave them.

Ent2013

Post by Ent2013 » Sun May 05, 2013 2:09 pm

are you sure they are issuing visas only to genuine people? dont want to say more on this here.
Shinya wrote:
that is absolutely true. When they want to reject a case, they call you for interview before rejecting it so that they are convinced that they are taking the right decision and that they are not being unfair with you and also that they gave you a chance to prove your genuineness.

Shinya

Post by Shinya » Sun May 05, 2013 2:13 pm

Ent2013 wrote:are you sure they are issuing visas only to genuine people? dont want to say more on this here.
Shinya wrote:
Tell me which govt will issue a visa to someone who is not genuine ?

You have to prove in your application as well as in interview that you are genuine. I know those who are not genuine also got their visa. That is because they somehow succeeded in convincing that they are genuine.

Ent2013

Post by Ent2013 » Sun May 05, 2013 2:17 pm

What proof they have that i am not genuine, just coz they are saying it so i am not genuine, i am already in business, and evidences i provided they accept it, that they have receive all those docs, and further they said your immigration history is fine is as well we are satisfied with it.
And why are you defending them?

Shinya wrote:
Ent2013 wrote:are you sure they are issuing visas only to genuine people? dont want to say more on this here.
Shinya wrote:

You have to prove in your application as well as in interview that you are genuine. I know those who are not genuine also got their visa. That is because they somehow succeeded in convincing that they are genuine.

Shinya

Post by Shinya » Sun May 05, 2013 2:19 pm

Ent2013 wrote:hi,
Right, but business experience or past work is not particularly a requirement to apply for T1 from ukba! And there is no guarantee of any business!

Well i think as far as educational and experience was concerned my answers were very much fine.

regards
Shinya wrote:They also consider your educational background and past work experience. Your business should relate to both. They called you for interview probably for this reason and were not satisfied with the answers you gave them.
It is very much a requirement. It is not mentioned in the policy guidance but in the immigration rules. And they ask you to read both, policy guidance as well as Immigration Rules - part 6A. The link is given on the UKBA website.

Ent2013

Post by Ent2013 » Sun May 05, 2013 2:21 pm

Than they should come up with this objection clearly

Shinya wrote:
Ent2013 wrote:hi,

regards
It is very much a requirement. It is not mentioned in the policy guidance but in the immigration rules. And they ask you to read both, policy guidance as well as Immigration Rules - part 6A. The link is given on the UKBA website.

Shinya

Post by Shinya » Sun May 05, 2013 2:23 pm

Ent2013 wrote:What proof they have that i am not genuine, just coz they are saying it so i am not genuine, i am already in business, and evidences i provided they accept it, that they have receive all those docs, and further they said your immigration history is fine is as well we are satisfied with it.

Shinya wrote:
Shinya wrote:

Please do not misunderstand. I am not defending them, neither am I calling you a fraud.

I am just saying how they scrutinize an application. If you think you can challenge their decision, then you must do so.

Ent2013

Post by Ent2013 » Sun May 05, 2013 2:27 pm

Off course i will go for appeal

And i dont think so they are really scrutinize applications coz if they do, i dont think so much people can get this visa...
Shinya wrote:
Ent2013 wrote:What proof they have that i am not genuine, just coz they are saying it so i am not genuine, i am already in business, and evidences i provided they accept it, that they have receive all those docs, and further they said your immigration history is fine is as well we are satisfied with it.

Shinya wrote:

Please do not misunderstand. I am not defending them, neither am I calling you a fraud.

I am just saying how they scrutinize an application. If you think you can challenge their decision, then you must do so.