ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Meeting the financial requirements as self-employed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BondFamily

Meeting the financial requirements as self-employed

Post by BondFamily » Sun May 05, 2013 12:44 pm

I find myself in a somewhat unusual situation so I can't find a thread here that already address' my problem so I really hope someone can assist me with my problem.

Basically I am not sure what evidence I should give in my wife's spouse visa application.

I am self employed in the UK for a year now. I am about to file my taxes for the tax year just gone. It is something over 28,000 GBP in the last tax year and it should be over 22,000 GBP after paying tax.

I have carefully read that I need to give evidence of paying tax, bank statements for the whole period, annual audited accounts, payment of Class 2 National Insurance contributions, my UTR and Statement of Account. I can give all of this but I have been told that this is not enough, my wifes application would get rejected because I am not giving evidence of where the money comes from.

I get paid cash in hand. I teach English to people in Ukraine (where my wife currently lives) then I wire transfer that money myself to my UK bank account. I will continue to work in the same way when I move to the UK because I give the lessons through Skype (they will wire transfer the money to me instead of cash in hand).

I can't understand how to evidence such work!? I don't want to get rejected for such a silly thing. What would the border agency expect me to provide? The only details I have from my clients is their name and email.

Thanks in advance for any help / assistance. I desperately need some help!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Meeting the financial requirements as self-employed

Post by Amber » Sun May 05, 2013 4:12 pm

BondFamily wrote:I find myself in a somewhat unusual situation so I can't find a thread here that already address' my problem so I really hope someone can assist me with my problem.

Basically I am not sure what evidence I should give in my wife's spouse visa application.

I am self employed in the UK for a year now. I am about to file my taxes for the tax year just gone. It is something over 28,000 GBP in the last tax year and it should be over 22,000 GBP after paying tax.

I have carefully read that I need to give evidence of paying tax, bank statements for the whole period, annual audited accounts, payment of Class 2 National Insurance contributions, my UTR and Statement of Account. I can give all of this but I have been told that this is not enough, my wifes application would get rejected because I am not giving evidence of where the money comes from.

I get paid cash in hand. I teach English to people in Ukraine (where my wife currently lives) then I wire transfer that money myself to my UK bank account. I will continue to work in the same way when I move to the UK because I give the lessons through Skype (they will wire transfer the money to me instead of cash in hand).

I can't understand how to evidence such work!? I don't want to get rejected for such a silly thing. What would the border agency expect me to provide? The only details I have from my clients is their name and email.

As long as you supply the evidence as per http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary pg 44/45 then there should be no problem, I assume you pay the cash you get into an account in your name for which you have the 12 month bank statements?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

BondFamily

Post by BondFamily » Sun May 05, 2013 9:06 pm

D4109125 wrote:
BondFamily wrote:I find myself in a somewhat unusual situation so I can't find a thread here that already address' my problem so I really hope someone can assist me with my problem.

As long as you supply the evidence as per http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary pg 44/45 then there should be no problem, I assume you pay the cash you get into an account in your name for which you have the 12 month bank statements?
You assume correctly. But don't I need to prove in some way that the money was made legally or that it hasn't come from friends or family?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun May 05, 2013 9:11 pm

BondFamily wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

You assume correctly. But don't I need to prove in some way that the money was made legally or that it hasn't come from friends or family?
All the specified evidence as per the link proves that you are self-employed. The proof needs to be on the balance of probabilities, and all the documentation you must provide will prove this.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.