ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying with Dependant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

isaac2k2

Applying with Dependant

Post by isaac2k2 » Sat May 04, 2013 9:00 am

Hi

I am in the process of applying for for my ILR but not sure if i need to apply for all my kids. I came into the country with my wife and son and after then we had 2 twin girls in UK.

So am I also expected to apply for them or apply for their British passport after I had been given my ILR visa?

Thanks

tanvirni

Re: Applying with Dependant

Post by tanvirni » Sun May 05, 2013 2:31 pm

isaac2k2 wrote:Hi

I am in the process of applying for for my ILR but not sure if i need to apply for all my kids. I came into the country with my wife and son and after then we had 2 twin girls in UK.

So am I also expected to apply for them or apply for their British passport after I had been given my ILR visa?

Thanks
Yes you can skip who born in the UK.

verri
Newly Registered

Re: Applying with Dependant

Post by verri » Sun May 05, 2013 5:28 pm

tanvirni wrote:
isaac2k2 wrote:Hi

Thanks
Yes you can skip who born in the UK.
Can you quote the reference please. Where does it say, you can skip kids born in the UK.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun May 05, 2013 7:05 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... /borninuk/

section 1(3) registration is one of entitlement if born in the uk
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

verri
Newly Registered

Post by verri » Sun May 05, 2013 8:38 pm

CR001 wrote:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... /borninuk/

section 1(3) registration is one of entitlement if born in the uk

Thank you very much. You cleared up things.
Me and my wife are going for ILR, you think I dont have to apply ILR for my daughter born here, but as soon as we get my ILR, have to apply for citizenship for her?

Not a bad idea, but scared. I appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

isaac2k2

Post by isaac2k2 » Sun May 05, 2013 10:18 pm

verri wrote: Thank you very much. You cleared up things.
Me and my wife are going for ILR, you think I dont have to apply ILR for my daughter born here, but as soon as we get my ILR, have to apply for citizenship for her?

Not a bad idea, but scared. I appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.
Thanks guys for all your comments. I will tend to agree with CR001 as one of my colleagues also mentioned this to me.