ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO WP+T1 Croydon 2nd of May 2012 - Success

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dsoso

Post by dsoso » Fri May 04, 2012 9:10 am

legalalien thanks sooo much as your response is just on point!

insideoutsider
Newly Registered

Post by insideoutsider » Fri May 04, 2012 10:18 am

Congrats Legalalien!

@ sofyb I am self employed too and would be grateful to hear your experiences. Please share when you can.

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Fri May 04, 2012 10:38 am

thanks insideoutsider, good luck with your application

ajs

Post by ajs » Fri May 04, 2012 10:43 am

legalalien wrote:Hi Ajs
I am sorry to hear about your experience, at least they took the documents off you, people applying on the 3rd had the worst IT issues experience thus far as the system totally collapsed, they were told to rebook.

I was lucky as I was the first one in, still took two hours for biometrics results so I can imagine with the number of people attending a small backlog could result in such huge delays for everyone.

Those who experienced IT issues back at the end of March started to hear from caseworkers after about a week....so I really hope you will hear from them soon. Keep us posted
thanks for the support legalalien. yeah you right, i was a bit lucky unlike the people who were sent back on 3rd for the IT issues. its really sad that the systems are unable to cope and handle the applications. People make arrangements, take day off, go with family with the hope that the premium service will sort things out same day, but get disappointed.. its getting very annoying now.

Will surely post and update my application status.

good luck to everyone else.

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Fri May 04, 2012 11:47 am

guys I have received my biometric card today!! thats surprisingly quick!!

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri May 04, 2012 11:51 am

That was pretty quick. Congrats !

ajs

Post by ajs » Fri May 04, 2012 11:59 am

Congratulations legalalien.. hope they speed up all outstanding cases quickly.

AloofStar
Newly Registered

Post by AloofStar » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:01 pm

legalalien wrote:guys I have received my biometric card today!! thats surprisingly quick!!
Hi legalalien, many congrats on your successful settlement app.

Could you please clear my confusion re employer letter?

My case is very similar to yours.

April 2008 to Aug 2009 ===> work permit (NOT Tier 2)
Aug 2009 to April 2013 ===> Tier 1 General

Worked with the same employer during WP. Changed jobs thrice during Tier 1 time.
Do I still need a letter from my previous WP employer with SOC number, salary etc. I asked this question elsewhere on this forum...just asking again for reconfirmation.

I have all salary slips from Apr 2008 to Aug 2009 along with general employer letter to show my continuous emplyment during WP period. Do you think this is enough?

cheers.

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Sat May 04, 2013 12:04 pm

Thanks Aloofstar
I enclosed a letter only as a precaution as I have changed jobs during work permit years with same employer, same SOC but different job title but not required to change work permit or inform home office as salary remained same.

I was worried that my payslip doesnt state my job (during WP time) as indicated in the old style work permit. I believe at some point in the past, changes to jobs would require a new work permit even if it is with same employer.

So for you, as you had the same job during work permit time, you dont need a letter from your previous employer, payslips and P60s would suffice (as they just need to check you have met your restrictions during the work permit years).

Same for Tier 1 period, you would need to provide payslips, P45s and P60s but a letter from your employer is not needed (obviously bank statements are needed to match payslips for the past 12months for T1 points calculations).

I have been out of touch with latest legislations for a while now, so people, correct me if the advice above is wrong.

All the best Aloofstar, are you doing it via PCO? Keeps us updated

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat May 04, 2013 1:08 pm

legalalien wrote:SETO WP + T1
WP 28th of May 2007
T1 26th of July 2010 - based on old 75 points requirements.
5 years on the 27th of May 2012
Application via PEO Croydon on the 2nd of May 2012

First of all, a special thank you to selva, smam, linkers,jacck seth, to name of a few of the brilliant people in this forum who really made my experience at the PEO a lot easier, go bless you all. I thought the live updates would help me calm down and will provide my forum friends some insight to life at the den :)

As stated appointment was 8am, but they opened the doors at 7:30, there must have been about 8 of us for Visas and I was third in the queue.

Passed the airport style security checks, they allowed me to bring food in, though I had bad stomach so never ate anything.

First desk is a checking desk, they looked at the first two or three pages of the application, asked the guy if he needed a photocopy to which he replied "I am not dealing with the case I am just checking for validity". I could hear the guy next door was asked to bring specifically all p60s or employment letters as he was a wp for three different companies...so note to all wp holders make sure you get all your p60s/p45s and previous employer letters with you.

Somewhat, I ended up with number 1 ticket!! did not complain, next up is the payment at the first floor. I was informed straight away that they will call the bank as Natwest have a security measure for any transaction above £1000. Lucikly I remembered my security password and transaction was completed successfully.

Next step is another checking desk at the first floor, time now is 7:50am, I was called in at 8:00am, asked for passport, application and photos, entered a few things on the PC then asked me to go the biometrics room which is at the end of the hallway. I was called in straight away, made to sign a declaration about deception and state any previous fingerprints given as part of an application. I have then given my fingerprints and they took a photo. The guy told me to go to the 2nd floor and I will be called once the biometrics checks were completed.

From around 8:20am I waited in the 2nd floor, I was surprised that none of the guys who were with me at the beginning are here in the second floor!
As the wait was getting longer, I got a bit agitated that they must have sent me to the wrong floor. I noticed a guy who is number 6 was called around 9am, his case must have taken 30mins to conclude...happy days for him and his wife. The numbers kept increasing yet number one (mine) was not called, they must have reached number 70 (not in any specific order). There were a lot of EU/non biometric applicants and I gathered their cases are much quicker than SET O.

By 10am, I was really anxious, having stomach cramps which is not related to the application anxiety. So I went to the security lady and asked her whether I should be here or first floor. She directed me to desk 44 in the 2nd floor, which is an empty desk with a bell, noticed a couple were there in-front of me discussing appointment issues with the guy behind window 44. So I asked the guy about my number and he told me to sit down and he will check for me. He seemed to have ignored me at this stage.

10:10 the security lady was walking towards the staff room, she asked me if I have heard anything and took my ticket, five minutes later she came back and told me the manager is dealing with it (same guy behind 44) he kept my ticket and she apologised for the delays. I thought she was so sweat and helpful. I was called to the desk at around 10:20 (with the guy from 44 standing behind the caseworker with his thumbs up).

A friendly caseworker welcomed me and apologised for the delays, did not tell me why it took them so long to call me. He asked for application, then asked me to sit down and requested each evidence specifically one at a time.

For points calculation, he mentioned that I was given t1 based on 75points but started checking the system as he stated my T1 visa was issued on the 26th of July, so should be 80points. I did not know what he meant, did not argue with him but mentioned that my application was placed on the 10th of July hence 75 points were required at the time (and my ILR should be based on this) He asked about my salary then said it doesnt matter as you would score over 80 points anyways.

Overall the documents provided at the request of the caseworker were:
1- 12months Payslips
2- Bank statement to cover the period April 11 to March 12
3- LIUK test, i got 23/24... I joked about the question about the FA cup
4- Employer letter - I think it is for the wp period, been with same employer. Note that my job title is different from my WP letter and I am paid 100% more that WP salary. But it is within same SOC. And the caseworker never questioned it and did not even ask for WP letter.
5- I volunteered the p60s, he checked the employer name vs payslips and employer letter.
6- Caseworker never asked for statement to cover march to april 2012 for the purpose of section 5. I had a branch print out which I have provided anyway, the caseworker didn't look like he cared about those.
7- I reminded him about police registration, he took it, walked away to check something.

It seems like the main part of the application is checking the points, he went through each month and calculated the points - I could see he scored me 85.
At this point, he asked for photocopies of all documents, collated them together and said the magic words, I am happy to approve your ILR, you no longer need to register with the police. He gave me a letter, showed me the format of the BRP and returned all original documents. Note that he took about 30mins to process my application.

So there you have it, my experience confirms:
1- You can apply via PEO 28days prior to your 5 years contrary to this worrying response http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=101788
2- Change in jobs during WP (without applying for a fresh wp) did not affect the outcome of my application- perhaps they follow same rule as per Tier 2 - change is not needed if switched within same SOC code and salary does not decrease.
3- For tier 1, the 12months payslips and bankstatement are adequate to cover for section 5 your finances. But dont take your chances, try to provide up to the month before your application - Branch printouts are acceptable without stamps/signature as long as in letterheaded paper.

Any questions, I am here all day

Thanks again
Congratulations Mate on getting your ILR. Really enjoyed reading your detailed experience.Thank You.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

verri
Newly Registered

Police reg

Post by verri » Sun May 05, 2013 10:22 pm

Where does police come in here?

abc111
BANNED

Post by abc111 » Sun May 05, 2013 10:32 pm

1- 12months Payslips
Would it be Ok if Tier 1 (G) does not provide paylips for 2 months from middle of last 12 months period when he did not work!

Thanks.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon May 06, 2013 8:47 am

abc111 wrote:Would it be Ok if Tier 1 (G) does not provide paylips for 2 months from middle of last 12 months period when he did not work!
Yes, so long as he qualifies with the necessary points by doing so.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Police reg

Post by cs95tdg » Mon May 06, 2013 8:52 am

verri wrote:Where does police come in here?
Nationals from certain countries (not all) under certain immigration categories are required to register with the police on arrival in the UK. See below for further information.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... es/part10/

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

mrnaidu

Post by mrnaidu » Tue May 07, 2013 1:07 pm

WP 28th of May 2007
T1 26th of July 2010 - based on old 75 points requirements.
5 years on the 27th of May 2012
Application via PEO Croydon on the 2nd of May 2012

First of all, a special thank you to selva, smam, linkers,jacck seth, to name of a few of the brilliant people in this forum who really made my experience at the PEO a lot easier, go bless you all. I thought the live updates would help me calm down and will provide my forum friends some insight to life at the den :)

As stated appointment was 8am, but they opened the doors at 7:30, there must have been about 8 of us for Visas and I was third in the queue.

Passed the airport style security checks, they allowed me to bring food in, though I had bad stomach so never ate anything.

First desk is a checking desk, they looked at the first two or three pages of the application, asked the guy if he needed a photocopy to which he replied "I am not dealing with the case I am just checking for validity". I could hear the guy next door was asked to bring specifically all p60s or employment letters as he was a wp for three different companies...so note to all wp holders make sure you get all your p60s/p45s and previous employer letters with you.

Somewhat, I ended up with number 1 ticket!! did not complain, next up is the payment at the first floor. I was informed straight away that they will call the bank as Natwest have a security measure for any transaction above £1000. Lucikly I remembered my security password and transaction was completed successfully.

Next step is another checking desk at the first floor, time now is 7:50am, I was called in at 8:00am, asked for passport, application and photos, entered a few things on the PC then asked me to go the biometrics room which is at the end of the hallway. I was called in straight away, made to sign a declaration about deception and state any previous fingerprints given as part of an application. I have then given my fingerprints and they took a photo. The guy told me to go to the 2nd floor and I will be called once the biometrics checks were completed.

From around 8:20am I waited in the 2nd floor, I was surprised that none of the guys who were with me at the beginning are here in the second floor!
As the wait was getting longer, I got a bit agitated that they must have sent me to the wrong floor. I noticed a guy who is number 6 was called around 9am, his case must have taken 30mins to conclude...happy days for him and his wife. The numbers kept increasing yet number one (mine) was not called, they must have reached number 70 (not in any specific order). There were a lot of EU/non biometric applicants and I gathered their cases are much quicker than SET O.

By 10am, I was really anxious, having stomach cramps which is not related to the application anxiety. So I went to the security lady and asked her whether I should be here or first floor. She directed me to desk 44 in the 2nd floor, which is an empty desk with a bell, noticed a couple were there in-front of me discussing appointment issues with the guy behind window 44. So I asked the guy about my number and he told me to sit down and he will check for me. He seemed to have ignored me at this stage.

10:10 the security lady was walking towards the staff room, she asked me if I have heard anything and took my ticket, five minutes later she came back and told me the manager is dealing with it (same guy behind 44) he kept my ticket and she apologised for the delays. I thought she was so sweat and helpful. I was called to the desk at around 10:20 (with the guy from 44 standing behind the caseworker with his thumbs up).

A friendly caseworker welcomed me and apologised for the delays, did not tell me why it took them so long to call me. He asked for application, then asked me to sit down and requested each evidence specifically one at a time.

For points calculation, he mentioned that I was given t1 based on 75points but started checking the system as he stated my T1 visa was issued on the 26th of July, so should be 80points. I did not know what he meant, did not argue with him but mentioned that my application was placed on the 10th of July hence 75 points were required at the time (and my ILR should be based on this) He asked about my salary then said it doesnt matter as you would score over 80 points anyways.

1- 12months Payslips
3- LIUK test, i got 23/24... I joked about the question about the FA cup
4- Employer letter - I think it is for the wp period, been with same employer. Note that my job title is different from my WP letter and I am paid 100% more that WP salary. But it is within same SOC. And the caseworker never questioned it and did not even ask for WP letter.
5- I volunteered the p60s, he checked the employer name vs payslips and employer letter.
6- Caseworker never asked for statement to cover march to april 2012 for the purpose of section 5. I had a branch print out which I have provided anyway, the caseworker didn't look like he cared about those.
7- I reminded him about police registration, he took it, walked away to check something.

It seems like the main part of the application is checking the points, he went through each month and calculated the points - I could see he scored me 85.
At this point, he asked for photocopies of all documents, collated them together and said the magic words, I am happy to approve your ILR, you no longer need to register with the police. He gave me a letter, showed me the format of the BRP and returned all original documents. Note that he took about 30mins to process my application.

So there you have it, my experience confirms:
1- You can apply via PEO 28days prior to your 5 years contrary to this worrying response http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=101788
2- Change in jobs during WP (without applying for a fresh wp) did not affect the outcome of my application- perhaps they follow same rule as per Tier 2 - change is not needed if switched within same SOC code and salary does not decrease.
3- For tier 1, the 12months payslips and bankstatement are adequate to cover for section 5 your finances. But dont take your chances, try to provide up to the month before your application - Branch printouts are acceptable without stamps/signature as long as in letterheaded paper.

Any questions, I am here all day

Thanks again
Hi legalalien,

Congratulations,

Why did he say that you need 80 points even though you applied before July 16 and need 75 points only.I am also same situation.
I dont get 80 points. I get only 75 points and applied before july 10th but my visa stamped on July 26.Will it be a problem to me ? :(

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Tue May 07, 2013 2:39 pm

Thanks mrnaidu

I think he just made an error, when I mentioned that it should be 75 he just stated your points are above 80 anyways...so I didnt need to make a fuss about it.

The guidance is very clear about what points are needed, have you enclosed the calculation/tier 1 confirmation letter which was given to you at the time of getting tier 1? That letter confirms your points needed at the time.

In any case, I wouldnt worry too much about it, I am sure they would make sure they got the right points when assessing your application.

If you havent applied yet, make sure you include in the cover letter (if postal) the explanation about points and include your t1 approval letter. Otherwise if PCO then you can explain it to the person directly.

Good luck

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Tue May 07, 2013 2:42 pm

Thanks all, please note the dates on this thread (this application was done last year- not a typo).