ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP online application problem

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eng.kamo

EEA FP online application problem

Post by eng.kamo » Sun May 05, 2013 10:25 pm

Greetings,

Guys I have a problem with my EEA FP online application

Firstly, while filling the online application and answering the following question
" Do you intend to work in the UK? " we didn't really see due to the stress & answered it with a NO even though we have that answered on the written VAF4 written application with a YES and details " i will look for a job upon my arrival to the UK as i can finish my studies through Distance learning "

what should we do about that ? Should we leave a detailed note in printed VAF4 application form ?? If yes what should we write there ??
Is it going to make a problem that there is a difference between the online version and the printed version ?

Secondly, In VAF4 " Your life in the UK " should we just say that we intend to stay in a rented property which is different from the address where my wife currently lives in ?

Thanks in advance

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun May 05, 2013 10:29 pm

Was it a VAF4 or VAF5?

If you wish to clarify anything having completed the on-line form, consider writing a supplementary letter.

eng.kamo

Post by eng.kamo » Sun May 05, 2013 10:32 pm

the NO answer is in the VAF5 online, Sorry typo ,this Da** stress :shock:
Last edited by eng.kamo on Sun May 05, 2013 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun May 05, 2013 10:34 pm

I'd understood VAF5 was for family permits.

eng.kamo

Post by eng.kamo » Sun May 05, 2013 10:37 pm

Thanks for you fast replies, Now should I consider explaining that in the printed version ?

Can u give me an idea about what should be written if u will ?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun May 05, 2013 10:40 pm

You could start by explaining that you'd used the wrong form.

You could clarify how you qualify for the visa.

eng.kamo

Post by eng.kamo » Sun May 05, 2013 10:43 pm

I am using VAF5 ( applying for EEA family permit )
I have cover letters and all that ( previous posts )
my question mainly is about that fact that there is 1 question answered differently in the online form & the printed form

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun May 05, 2013 10:46 pm

Ok, you've used the right form.

Just correct your mistake.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Sun May 05, 2013 10:49 pm

eng.kamo wrote:I am using VAF5 ( applying for EEA family permit )
my question mainly is about that fact that there is 1 question answered differently in the online form & the printed form
If you have not submitted your application, have you considered abandoning this form and filling a different one? that's if you are not keen on writing a letter

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun May 05, 2013 10:52 pm

dalebutt wrote:
eng.kamo wrote:I am using VAF5 ( applying for EEA family permit )
If you have not submitted your application, have you considered abandoning this form and filling a different one? that's if you are not keen on writing a letter
This might be an option and is a good suggestion, but sometimes these forms are on-line.

eng.kamo

Post by eng.kamo » Sun May 05, 2013 10:53 pm

can u please tell me how to do that how to abandon this form ?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun May 05, 2013 10:54 pm

eng.kamo wrote:can u please tell me how to do that how to abandon this form ?
Did you apply on-line?

eng.kamo

Post by eng.kamo » Sun May 05, 2013 11:01 pm

yes I did I filled in VAF5 form for EEA family permit through the website Visa4uk

my appointment in the VAC is next wednsday

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun May 05, 2013 11:04 pm

In that case, you can hand-mark corrections or write a letter. What is important is the evidence.

eng.kamo

Post by eng.kamo » Sun May 05, 2013 11:20 pm

So i can't cancel the application I submitted and make a new one ?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun May 05, 2013 11:22 pm

You could also contact the VAC where you made the application and seek advice.

eng.kamo

Post by eng.kamo » Sun May 05, 2013 11:35 pm

Once the online VAF5 form is completed and signed it cannot be altered, which is why I am a little bit confused here I could swear i answered it with a yes but every time u save the page some mistake happens I really dont know, It will be answered with Yes in the VAF5 printed form.

And I will say in additional information section

Please note that question number 127 " do u intend to work in the UK " was answered with NO by mistake please consider the answer mentioned in the printed handwritten form which is going to be Yes followed by details.

Is that going to suffice ??

Thanks for help

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Sun May 05, 2013 11:59 pm

The fact is that you don't even need to answer this question in the first place.

eng.kamo

Post by eng.kamo » Mon May 06, 2013 12:12 am

Thanks for replying I do know that so many questions shouldn't be answered but the ECO is always going to search for something to deny me my right.

I don't want any flaw there, the reputation isn't great really :(

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Mon May 06, 2013 10:38 am

Actually there are many people who were denied because they said they will work in UK.

eng.kamo

Post by eng.kamo » Mon May 06, 2013 1:28 pm

well Pablito I appreciate that you are trying to help but I mean it would be awkward if I am saying that I will settle with my wife and wouldn't say that I will work, it makes absolutely no sense

Anyway thank you for your kind note :)

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Mon May 06, 2013 2:05 pm

Are you outside uk with your wife right now? If you are going to uk to settle it is better for you not to say that you are going to settle, you can make new application.

eng.kamo

Post by eng.kamo » Mon May 06, 2013 4:11 pm

Pablito, thanks for the advice, currently my wife is in the UK while I am outside and the whole cover letter & the application is about starting a family while studying & working.
:oops:
Why I shouldn't mention that I am planning to settle my wife has been there for more than 2 years and we just got married after 7 years as a couple and we want to settle together where we have better chances

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Mon May 06, 2013 4:50 pm

eng.kamo wrote:Pablito, thanks for the advice, currently my wife is in the UK while I am outside and the whole cover letter & the application is about starting a family while studying & working.
:oops:
Why I shouldn't mention that I am planning to settle my wife has been there for more than 2 years and we just got married after 7 years as a couple and we want to settle together where we have better chances

Ah ok sorry what I meant to say is that , if you both are going to UK and will travel together it would be better not to tell them that you will settle down, but since your wife is already in UK you are right that its probably better to state it in your application.

But don't worry about making a new application and making new appointment as well, because I think it is easier than write explanatory letters or amendments in already printed application form which may look suspicious to them.

eng.kamo

Post by eng.kamo » Mon May 06, 2013 5:57 pm

Pablito, The problem is I don't know how to cancel the application submitted online if you know what I mean there is no option to do that like Press here to cancel this application button :?:

That's why I printed version which I filled with my hands I wrote in the additional info section a little explanation about the differences if you know what i mean