ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received rejection...after 10 months

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kevinwoo
Newly Registered

Received rejection...after 10 months

Post by kevinwoo » Mon May 06, 2013 12:53 pm

I have finally received my passports and document after 10 months waiting. It is a rejection. The reason being back in 2002 when I was 13, the boarder agency failed to put stamps on my passport. Although I have provide evidence of my flight details, flight receipts, school letter, school fees, etc. They also said they found no evidence I was in the country in the provide information...

I was told on the letter that I am not allowed to appeal as they think I simply not qualify in the 10 years criteria. I have now been in the UK for 11 years. I feel this is unfair that the boarder agency at the time failed to provide the stamps I needed to enter UK and they also failed on keeping a record of who is in and out of the country.

I am considering a complaint whereas I have no hopes that's gonna change the decision. Please advise.

My timeline as follow:
App sent: 14/6/2012
Ack received: 18/6/2012
Bio invite: 21/08/2012
Bio done: 22/08/2012
Change of address: 19/11/2012
Docs received: 30/4/2013 (rejected)

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Mon May 06, 2013 1:16 pm

prepare for a lengthy legal battle, if the decision is unfair then it can be overturned
since you have no right to appeal, you will have to consult an immigration lawyer to deal with your case to file a JR or file a case under HR provisions
Manka

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Mon May 06, 2013 1:20 pm

What were the exact reasons for refusal?What did they say about your evidence?

You can ask them to reconsider if they refuse to do so ask them to make a removal decision

Once a decision has been made you can appeal. http://www.freemovement.org.uk/2013/01/ ... erstayers/

kevinwoo
Newly Registered

Post by kevinwoo » Mon May 06, 2013 1:33 pm

peppekalle wrote:What were the exact reasons for refusal?What did they say about your evidence?

You can ask them to reconsider if they refuse to do so ask them to make a removal decision

Once a decision has been made you can appeal. http://www.freemovement.org.uk/2013/01/ ... erstayers/
They said after checking my passport and various sources they can find no evidence that I arrived in the UK on the said dates, or that you were granted any form of Leave to enter or leave to remain on each arrival dates.

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Mon May 06, 2013 1:39 pm

kevinwoo wrote:
peppekalle wrote:What were the exact reasons for refusal?What did they say about your evidence?

They said after checking my passport and various sources they can find no evidence that I arrived in the UK on the said dates, or that you were granted any form of Leave to enter or leave to remain on each arrival dates.
Even you provide them the flight tickets etc. how can they say there is no evidence?

If you didnt have visa did they not know you cant fly? and so far there was no problem on your previous applications why is there a problem now? Did you apply for visa after you arrived here in 2002?

kevinwoo
Newly Registered

Post by kevinwoo » Mon May 06, 2013 1:45 pm

Emrah wrote:
kevinwoo wrote:

Even you provide them the flight tickets etc. how can they say there is no evidence?

If you didnt have visa did they not know you cant fly? and so far there was no problem on your previous applications why is there a problem now? Did you apply for visa after you arrived here in 2002?
I think they didn't even looked at my evidence. As I hold British National Overseas passport. I was able to stay in the country for 6 months with no further leave to remain needed at the time. And not until 2003 they introduce the student visa.