ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Cohabitation Documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

valeed.naim2

ILR - Cohabitation Documents

Post by valeed.naim2 » Sun May 05, 2013 10:16 am

Hello,

I want to apply the ILR in few weeks time with dependant(wife). I have question regarding the Cohabitation documents requirement. I received my Tier 1 (General) extension in Aug 2011 and then in Oct also add my wife name in all bills (council tax, water, gas) . so I have proof from Oct 2011- May 2013.

I would like to know do i need show cohabitation from May 2011 to May 2013 to cover whole two years period OR Oct 2011 to May 2013 will be enough.

I have only the few NHS letters on my wife name from May 2011 to Oct 2011.

Please comments on this how much proof is required. Thanks

valeed.naim2

Post by valeed.naim2 » Sun May 05, 2013 12:47 pm

Please comments.. Can I used the bills which more than two and half year old.

onabanjo

Post by onabanjo » Sun May 05, 2013 6:53 pm

Cohabitation documents from 2011 to date when you are applying is alright.
Since your wife has cohabitation documents from May 2011 to date ,you are perfectly in order. There are two main documents that i will suggest you include as part of the cohabitation documents.One ensure you get a letter from your GP in a joint name and secondly, get a letter from the Electoral Office in your council.Ensure inform the officer that the letter should states the dates you( you and your wife) were registered on Electoral register. This letter from the electoral register will only be beneficial to you if the date of your being on electoral register has been more than 2years.

You dont have to take with you all the documents from 2011 to date or from may 2011 ,just spread it over the period.

Summarily, I will suggest that the cohabitation documents should start from MAY 2011.
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

black7

Post by black7 » Mon May 06, 2013 5:48 pm

Note 8 We need 6 letters or other documents addressed to you jointly or in both your names. If you do not have enough
items in your joint names, you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address
for both of you.
For example – 4 items of correspondence in joint names to the same address and 2 items addressed to each partner at the
address. In total 8 items will need to be submitted.
If you and your partner have no bills or correspondence in joint names you will need to submit 12 items (6 each) of correspondence,
evidencing that you reside together at the same address.
Examples of acceptable letters and documents are listed below. They must be originals.
The dates of the letters or documents should spread over the whole 2 years. They should be from at least 3 different
sources.
Please give an explanation on a separate sheet if you cannot provide 6 items; if the documents are not addressed to both of
you; or if they do not cover the 2-year period. If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the 2-year
period, please provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this.
If you did not live together for any part of the 2-year period, tell us the reasons for this and whether you stayed in contact with
each other during this time, and provide any relevant supporting evidence.
telephone bills or statements
mortgage statements/agreement
bank statements/letters
council tax bills or statements
water rates bills or statements
electricity and/or gas bills or statements
tenancy agreement(s)
building society savings books/letters
letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Dept for
Work and Pensions, DVLA and TV Licensing
letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments,
home visits or other medical matters
Examples of acceptable types of letters and documents

This is a copy paste from Co habitation document requirement for SET M applicant and I think this should be enough for any ILR applicant.

I am going to use this guidance to submit my wife ILR application via SET O and hopefully will be able to give first hand experience after 8th May

Regards