ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa! Help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shoonoo

Spouse visa! Help

Post by Shoonoo » Sun May 05, 2013 12:52 pm

Hi I got married in 2011 & will be soon be applying for my husbands spouse visa, we have a child together. What I want to know is my situation s abit complicated.
A few years before I met a guy & he was just using me to stay here permanently he got the marriage papers from Pakistan the witness signatures already signed & he got me to sign it he got refused I left him.
What I am saying is, would they look at my past history & just refuse the visa straight away, because that was not a legitimate marriage??
Please help what should I do???
I have applied for my NADRA card should receive it in 6weeks then need to apply for my childs card.
Plus I had been in contact with a solicitor & he said that was totally not a legitimate marriage & those papers were fake as we also didn't have pics of us together or wedding film or anything, he had assured me that it won't affect my case & that I should get a police report when I apply for my husbands spouse visa.
(I have kept calling cards, phone bills, skype, wedding pics obviously, wedding film, birthday cards & emails.)

BondFamily

Re: Spouse visa! Help

Post by BondFamily » Sun May 05, 2013 1:28 pm

Shoonoo wrote:Hi I got married in 2011 & will be soon be applying for my husbands spouse visa, we have a child together. What I want to know is my situation s abit complicated.
A few years before I met a guy & he was just using me to stay here permanently he got the marriage papers from Pakistan the witness signatures already signed & he got me to sign it he got refused I left him.
What I am saying is, would they look at my past history & just refuse the visa straight away, because that was not a legitimate marriage??
Please help what should I do???
I have applied for my NADRA card should receive it in 6weeks then need to apply for my childs card.
Plus I had been in contact with a solicitor & he said that was totally not a legitimate marriage & those papers were bad quality as we also didn't have pics of us together or wedding film or anything, he had assured me that it won't affect my case & that I should get a police report when I apply for my husbands spouse visa.
(I have kept calling cards, phone bills, skype, wedding pics obviously, wedding film, birthday cards & emails.)
No they won't reject you right away because of your history but you will need to prove the relationship has broken down and the your new relationship is genuine. The past issues won't affect your application they will much more interested to see that there is strong enough evidence that your current relationship is not a sham.

Shoonoo

Post by Shoonoo » Sun May 05, 2013 1:33 pm

Ok thanks, I have not been in contact with him since I left him so how am I meant to prove that?? How am I meant to show proof that its ended??

Thanks for the reply :)

BondFamily

Post by BondFamily » Sun May 05, 2013 3:06 pm

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I meant you would need to prove it if you was married to him.

I don't see your previous partners application having any negative effect on this latest one. They may look at the case harder but it won't make any difference to you providing your relationship evidence is strong. I'm not seeing any problems.

Shoonoo

Post by Shoonoo » Sun May 05, 2013 10:01 pm

No I was totally not married to him so how am I meant to give proof for that. Could I say that the marriage certificate was a fake & that we didn't go to a registery office or something? I'm confused.
I hope that my case doesn't be refused.
I just checked today & I've got my airline tickets when I went with my child to go see her daddy, we've got pics when we went out also.

BondFamily

Post by BondFamily » Mon May 06, 2013 12:30 pm

Shoonoo wrote:No I was totally not married to him so how am I meant to give proof for that. Could I say that the marriage certificate was a bad quality & that we didn't go to a registery office or something? I'm confused.
I hope that my case doesn't be refused.
I just checked today & I've got my airline tickets when I went with my child to go see her daddy, we've got pics when we went out also.
There was never a marriage so there is no proof necessary (if you was married you would provide evidence of divorce, in your case this does not apply). Just apply as you would normally, there is no need to think about the past application of a former partner, it won't have any affect on this application. Your focus should be on making a strong case in this relationship, the birth certificate of your child showing both your names is a very strong document to submit as well as a few pictures of you all together. I don't know the individual details but it seems you won't get a rejection because you don't meet the relationship requirements but I don't know how strong you are on the other requirements.

Best of luck!

Shoonoo

Post by Shoonoo » Mon May 06, 2013 1:40 pm

Oh! ok thanks I understand now, I know the change of income & about the savings I'm earning that amount so that's ok.
Someone told me that the change of income may come down that there just waiting if it will be approved or not.
I saw a tv programme on immigration solicitor also said that it may be few weeks for a response.
Do you know if it has been changed again?
I also read on the net that for applying for spouse visa I would have to stop the child benefit is that true?
Should I also let them know when I apply for him that she's registered at the Union Council in Pakistan aswell both our names are on it obviously, if yes then should I get the original or a photocopy.

Thanks so much! :)

Yazzy
United Kingdom

Post by Yazzy » Mon May 06, 2013 5:52 pm

My husband was going to marry someone before me and the home office knew about it but the relationship broke down and they deprecated ways..
We met and got married and he applied for spouse visa and his visa was refused on the basis if he got married to that other women or not and if our relationship is genuine
They want us to prove it

What I'm saying is if home office knows about it then U should state it in ur application coz they can refuse u even if u didn't get married coz they want u to prove this marriage is real even though u have a child

Shoonoo

Post by Shoonoo » Mon May 06, 2013 8:43 pm

Ok thanks Yazzy so how are you going to prove it?
What other things can I show as proof that we are in a genuine relationship?
Should I just state the fact when applying that we didn't get married in a registry office or something & that he got the papers from Pak??
If I do state this when applying then would they interview my husband or something I don't want to make even more problems for him all cuz of me.

Shoonoo

Post by Shoonoo » Mon May 06, 2013 8:58 pm

Would they interview him, I've heard that they interview people aswell do they do that or would they interview me??? I'm confused.
Please help!!

Shoonoo

Post by Shoonoo » Tue May 07, 2013 2:59 pm

The water bill is also on my name & the electricity bill obviously I am keeping my bank statements aswell I heard that they have to be stamped by the bank before giving it do you have to get them stamped?
Do you just have to show 6 months of statements also 6 months of wage slips?
Does anyone know how I'm meant to show that we talk on skype?
Thanks in advance!

ijamesf

Post by ijamesf » Tue May 07, 2013 3:45 pm

For showing you talk on Skype all i can suggest is that you screen shot / Print screen from the relevant point of when the communication started, scroll down to more communication and repeat.

When taking screen shots / Print screens i'd advise you hover your mouse over the date so it shows the date of when the screen shot / print screen was taken, if thats what you need to show.

Your husbands profile name, picture etc should be on screen to show who you're talking to.

Additionally i'd only screen shot / print screen 2 - 3 in one go so you can keep track of the files and save them under the relevant date and name accordingly.

This is what im doing post application for my wife and I if they decide to refuse under subsisting marrriage/relationship etc so i'd have everything to hand to prove them otherwise.

Hope this helps and i wish you the best.

Shoonoo

Post by Shoonoo » Tue May 07, 2013 4:02 pm

Hi thanks for the reply ijamesf I'm been really thick here but how should I screen shot & everything??
Goodluck to you also :)

ijamesf

Post by ijamesf » Tue May 07, 2013 4:56 pm

If you are using microsoft the keyboard should have a button on it , top right hand corner, which says Print Screen, press it. Then just open Microsft word and paste the image which you have just created into the document.

If using a Mac/Apple you have to hold down Shift+Cmd and press 3 to screen shot.

Hope that helps, otherwise there may be an avenue in Skype itself which allows you to print, but i dont know about that.

Shoonoo

Post by Shoonoo » Tue May 07, 2013 7:48 pm

Ok thanks, I typed it in google aswell so if I forget can quickly check on here & there, thanks again :)
My windows 7 doesn't work I had thrown the cd wrapper where the product key was on so not all of my windows 7 works probably can buy one again have to check that.
Checked on skype website & says that can use windows paint aswell.
Would they interview both of us??
Could anyone please tell me which form I need to apply for spouse visa, when I try & search on the home office website it just says try again & when I try & see A-Z there's just so many please can you tell me which one it is so can download & start the whole process.
What if I went to Pak & applied from there would it be quicker??
I'm so stressed please God help me!
Thank You!