ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from PSW to any other category

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

spicycurry
Newly Registered

Switching from PSW to any other category

Post by spicycurry » Thu May 02, 2013 8:48 am

Hello Members,

My wife is on a PSW visa till December 2013. She is working part time and doing PhD part time. She intends to switch to full time PhD after December.

I have applied for extension of my tier 1 general visa and decision is awaited. None of us are depending on each other’s visa status as of now.
  • My question is how can my wife extend her stay after December?
    If my tier 1 extension is granted, will she be able to apply as my dependent from inside UK?
    If she wants to switch to full time PhD, can she do it from inside UK?
    Are there any other ways of extending, switching from PSW visa?
Please help.

spicycurry
Newly Registered

Post by spicycurry » Mon May 06, 2013 9:42 pm

Hello friends,
Any response please?
Appreciated.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon May 06, 2013 10:23 pm

she cannot switch from psw to tier 1 dependent from within the UK. She would have to apply from her home country.

She can switch back to tier 4 if she changes to full time PhD and otherwise meets the requirements for that category.

It is not possible to extend psw. She can switch into other PBS categories eg tier 2, tier 1 ent if she meets the requirements for these categories.