ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit for widowed mother

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aqeel

EEA family permit for widowed mother

Post by Aqeel » Sat May 04, 2013 2:43 am

Hi members,

Want to know can a german national apply EEA family permit for his dependent windowed mother (aged 67). Hes is setteled in Germany is it possible to apply without being in the UK?

How to go about it? are there any good chances?

Thanks in Advance

Aqeel

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat May 04, 2013 7:06 am

I presume the mother is a 3rd country national.

If the mother is dependent, then you could apply for an EEA family permit.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat May 04, 2013 12:00 pm

If she is living under the roof of the german national, she may also qualify.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Aqeel

Widowed mother EEA family permit

Post by Aqeel » Sat May 04, 2013 2:22 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:I presume the mother is a 3rd country national.

Thankyou very much for the quick response, yes mother is Pakistan and widowed, but my main question was can a German national apply for EEA family permit for mother by living in Germany or he has to be present in the UK and economically active? what financial evidence required? how to prove dependency? is it really do able?

Thanks in advance,
Aqeel

Aqeel

EEA family permit widowed mother

Post by Aqeel » Sat May 04, 2013 2:26 pm

Obie wrote:If she is living under the roof of the german national, she may also qualify.
Thanks for the prompt response, what does that mean under the roof of German national? if you mean if his mother is living in germany than answer is no she is pakistan, what documents are required to show the dependency? what about if she has other children in pakistan? (although they are all married), does a german national has to be present in the UK at the time of application and economically active?

Thanks
Aqeel

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: EEA family permit widowed mother

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat May 04, 2013 7:31 pm

Aqeel wrote:What does that mean under the roof of German national? if you mean if his mother is living in germany than answer is no she is pakistanl
What Obie was pointing out was that she may have been eligible to apply as an other family member. This does not appear to be applicable to you, so suggest you stick to dependent parent.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Widowed mother EEA family permit

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat May 04, 2013 7:34 pm

Aqeel wrote:

Thankyou very much for the quick response, yes mother is Pakistan and widowed, but my main question was can a German national apply for EEA family permit for mother by living in Germany or he has to be present in the UK and economically active? what financial evidence required? how to prove dependency? is it really do able?

Thanks in advance,
Aqeel
The important thing is to demonstrate that she is your dependent parent. The EU national would require to be a worker, etc three months after entering the UK.

Have you read some of the stickies?
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=114867

A&A

Post by A&A » Sat May 04, 2013 8:00 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
Aqeel wrote:

Thanks in advance,
Aqeel
The important thing is to demonstrate that she is your dependent parent. The EU national would require to be a worker, etc three months after entering the UK.

properly make the papers ready where you can establish that the Pakistani Lady is directly depended on the German National. There are number of ways this could be done.

try contacting a good solicitor.
One God we believe in.

May he bless UKBA with thought to think before refusing any application.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat May 04, 2013 8:28 pm

This person will not qualify for an EEA family permit, if the EEA national is not in the UK.

There is no point going into dependancy.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Aqeel

Post by Aqeel » Sat May 04, 2013 8:58 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
Aqeel wrote:

Thanks in advance,
Aqeel

I'm still not clear, EU national should be in the UK first and economically active for three months or after the family permit is issued?

Thanks,
Aqeel

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat May 04, 2013 9:09 pm

Does the German national plan to the UK? If qualifies, his mother could either move together with him or join him later.

Aqeel

Post by Aqeel » Sat May 04, 2013 9:31 pm

Jambo wrote:Does the German national plan to the UK? If qualifies, his mother could either move together with him or join him later.
Yes He does intend to come to the uk but after the decision is made and permit is issued, what dox required guru?

A&A

Post by A&A » Tue May 07, 2013 2:46 am

Aqeel wrote:
Jambo wrote:Does the German national plan to the UK? If qualifies, his mother could either move together with him or join him later.
Yes He does intend to come to the uk but after the decision is made and permit is issued, what dox required guru?
The best option is if he goes to the uk finds a job & establishes that he is exercising his treaty rights then it can me much easier.
One God we believe in.

May he bless UKBA with thought to think before refusing any application.