ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Enterpreneur- no employment other than working 4 d business

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

culio347
Newly Registered

Enterpreneur- no employment other than working 4 d business

Post by culio347 » Sun May 05, 2013 3:08 pm

I am currently in the process of applying for an enterpreneurship visa. I have access to £50000. I have experience in work as a self employed contractor with a bank handling PPI complaints. I am an engineer by profession with a degree certificate but I haven't practiced much.

If granted an enterpreneurship visa, I was wondering if it was possible to continue working with the bank as a claims investigator as the core service my established business provides to customers or clients which involves delivering a service such as a Payment Protection Insurance claim investigation or would I have problems extending after 3 years in terms of creating jobs/business activity/advertising?

Does this qualify as an occupation which appears on the list of occupations skilled to National Qualifications Framework level 4 or above as one of the attributes needed for the business you set up in UK for enterpreneurship visa grant?? or must I do a business entirely different and quit working for the bank.

I hope this does not contradict the statement in the conditions of stay on the enterpreneurship visa that says " you will be in no employment other than working for the business or businesses that you have established,
joined or taken over;

Please anyone with vast or little knowledge as to what I should do should please let me know. I would deeply appreciate it. Thank you

Ent813
Newly Registered

Post by Ent813 » Mon May 06, 2013 11:06 am

Hi culio347, I have heard many lawyers agreeing on this notion that job/employment is allowed only in the first year after getting Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa as one might need to support his/her business in the event of business loss. But quite frankly, I am not certain about it.

Mr Legal

Post by Mr Legal » Tue May 07, 2013 1:18 am

Ent813 wrote:Hi culio347, I have heard many lawyers agreeing on this notion that job/employment is allowed only in the first year after getting Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa as one might need to support his/her business in the event of business loss. But quite frankly, I am not certain about it.
NO.you cannot work as an employee under T1E visa.
Experience and understanding can get you to the goal.Every information based on my own experience is friendly shared in goodfaith.

rahulsingh1

Post by rahulsingh1 » Tue May 07, 2013 9:26 am

Mate- you cannot be the employee of the company where you are a claims manager.

But you can certainly contract yourself out to work there.

Wherein, you will be an employee of your own company, and then your company will supply you as a resource to the Claim company. And then your company will invoice the claim company for your service.

This is an old topic, which has been discussed and cleared hundreds of times on this forum.

Please search the forum properly first, before asking.

Shinya

Post by Shinya » Tue May 07, 2013 9:44 am

After you are granted entrepreneur visa, no company will employ you in the first place. So it is out of question you getting any employment here. However, you can work as self-employed if any company allows that.

Secondly, your job title ,when applying for visa, must be as mentioned on the SOC under NQF LEVEL 4. Please go through the SOC file and find out yourself which business you are going to show and what must be the job title suits you in that business.
thanks and all the best.

monolyte

Re: Enterpreneur- no employment other than working 4 d busin

Post by monolyte » Tue May 07, 2013 9:51 am

culio347 wrote:I am currently in the process of applying for an enterpreneurship visa. I have access to £50000. I have experience in work as a self employed contractor with a bank handling PPI complaints. I am an engineer by profession with a degree certificate but I haven't practiced much.

If granted an enterpreneurship visa, I was wondering if it was possible to continue working with the bank as a claims investigator as the core service my established business provides to customers or clients which involves delivering a service such as a Payment Protection Insurance claim investigation or would I have problems extending after 3 years in terms of creating jobs/business activity/advertising?

Does this qualify as an occupation which appears on the list of occupations skilled to National Qualifications Framework level 4 or above as one of the attributes needed for the business you set up in UK for enterpreneurship visa grant?? or must I do a business entirely different and quit working for the bank.

I hope this does not contradict the statement in the conditions of stay on the enterpreneurship visa that says " you will be in no employment other than working for the business or businesses that you have established,
joined or taken over;

Please anyone with vast or little knowledge as to what I should do should please let me know. I would deeply appreciate it. Thank you
NO COMPANY WILL EMPLOY YOU DIRECTLY, SO YOU HAVE TO CONVINCE THE COMPANY OR CLIENT TO PAY YOUR COMPANY WHEN YOU EXECUTE A JOB, BE IT PPI OR WHATEVER...
FOR PPI JOBS QUOTE, PROJECT MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT, MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT, OR BUSINESS ANALYST. BUT YOU HAVE TO BE PAID THROUGH YOUR COMPANY. SO 'YES' YOU CAN WORK WITH YOUR ENTREPRENEUR VISA AND BE EMPLOYED AS CONSULTANT/DIRECTOR OF YOUR COMPANY....