ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Mon May 06, 2013 12:14 pm

Fayvritt wrote:Guys what address should I send more supporting documents to (flr (o)), before it's decided? Thanks
Probably the same address you sent your application to... I would be on the safe side and call them and ask! You don't want your extra docs ending up lost somewhere in that crazy warehouse LOL! :D
FLR(FP) Extension
App sent: July 2021
Biometrics August 2021
Decision: 14 July 2022
Final extension before irl

Fayvritt

Post by Fayvritt » Mon May 06, 2013 1:45 pm

cookies wrote:
Fayvritt wrote:Guys what address should I send more supporting documents to (flr (o)), before it's decided? Thanks
Probably the same address you sent your application to... I would be on the safe side and call them and ask! You don't want your extra docs ending up lost somewhere in that crazy warehouse LOL! :D
Getting through to them by fon is almost not possible but I'll keep calling, everything's fallen apart in that organisation! Thanks!

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Mon May 06, 2013 2:03 pm

johnny04 wrote:Sanny26: You have been waiting since October last year and you are complaining. What
about my partner who have been waiting since May last year
Yes sit tight and enjoy the ride, I have been waiting since April last year for an extension.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Mon May 06, 2013 2:21 pm

babycakes wrote:
johnny04 wrote:Sanny26: You have been waiting since October last year and you are complaining. What
Yes sit tight and enjoy the ride, I have been waiting since April last year for an extension.

Have u contact your mp? If u dont mind me asking when did u complete your biometric?

majojo

change of address

Post by majojo » Mon May 06, 2013 4:04 pm

hi guys i want to ask how long will ukba notify you if your change address and has anyone changed his or address and ukba sending them their visa to the new one??? please help as i am worried i will receive my documents at my old adress when i change to the new one

pepper04

Re: change of address

Post by pepper04 » Mon May 06, 2013 4:07 pm

majojo wrote:hi guys i want to ask how long will ukba notify you if your change address and has anyone changed his or address and ukba sending them their visa to the new one??? please help as i am worried i will receive my documents at my old adress when i change to the new one
Hi majojo

I would recommend you email the Ukba and also send a letter via recorded delivery just to cover yourself. Personally I would also get my mail redirected for a year just to cover all bases as they are not an efficient bunch.

majojo

Post by majojo » Mon May 06, 2013 4:51 pm

pepper04 wrote:
majojo wrote:hi guys i want to ask how long will ukba notify you if your change address and has anyone changed his or address and ukba sending them their visa to the new one??? please help as i am worried i will receive my documents at my old adress when i change to the new one
Hi majojo

I would recommend you email the Ukba and also send a letter via recorded delivery just to cover yourself. Personally I would also get my mail redirected for a year just to cover all bases as they are not an efficient bunch.
hi pepper04 thanks for your email. how do you mean by redirectedmail for a year... can you also tell me your case and also i would like to ask if the 10 year partner route is classified as a human right case.. i did apply my visa before my old one expired. did bimetrics 26th of march still waiting for good news

glory5050

please urgent advise needed

Post by glory5050 » Mon May 06, 2013 5:06 pm

Please can my patner applied for flr (o) why my ilr application is pending.....
Please your advise will be highly appreciated. Many thanks .

pepper04

Post by pepper04 » Mon May 06, 2013 5:59 pm

majojo wrote:
pepper04 wrote:
Hi majojo

hi pepper04 thanks for your email. how do you mean by redirectedmail for a year... can you also tell me your case and also i would like to ask if the 10 year partner route is classified as a human right case.. i did apply my visa before my old one expired. did bimetrics 26th of march still waiting for good news
I'm not that familiar with the 10year partner route, maybe others on this forum can advise. I applied got dlr extension and have been waiting a little over 6 months.

To get you post redirected you need to go to a post office with proof of I'd and ask for a post or mail re-direction form. You have to pay for this service. All your post in the next year will be re-directed to your new address

rec212

Question

Post by rec212 » Mon May 06, 2013 9:54 pm

Hi guys,

Do you know the processing time for a judicial review?

thanks in advance.

cookies
Scotland

Re: Question

Post by cookies » Mon May 06, 2013 10:56 pm

rec212 wrote:Hi guys,

Do you know the processing time for a judicial review?

thanks in advance.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... chapter27/
FLR(FP) Extension
Biometrics August 2021

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Tue May 07, 2013 10:39 am

Oh dear! Home Office has received my application. (royal mail track and trace) now wait until they actually look at it and add it to the system. *bites nails* I'm so nervous!!!
Have a great week everyone!
FLR(FP) Extension
Biometrics August 2021

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Tue May 07, 2013 12:43 pm

sanny26 wrote:
babycakes wrote:

Have u contact your mp? If u dont mind me asking when did u complete your biometric?
Yes my mp wrote to them twice and have written to them again last week, Now waiting on a response from them which is usually very vague saying they dont know how much longer it will take i need to keep on waiting and i will be contacted in due time.

babycakes

Re: please urgent advise needed

Post by babycakes » Tue May 07, 2013 12:52 pm

glory5050 wrote:Please can my partner applied for flr (o) why my ilr application is pending.....
Please your advise will be highly appreciated. Many thanks .
Thats not a good idea for either of you, HO can say you both can go back home together(even if you are from two different countries), that happened to a friend of mine whose partner had already gotten ILR.They have two kids together. Dont give them any reason to turn you down!

justice12
Algeria

refusals on the EX category

Post by justice12 » Tue May 07, 2013 4:31 pm

Sound like to many refusals on the EX category in last 3 weeks !!
It seems to me that the caseworkers have been surprised at the number of people who qualify under EX and are inventing reasons to refuse.
Most of them got British wife +British Kids .
And the refusals are based on ( applicant had no status OR the parent was a visitor)
the frustrating thing is that the HO wont serve the applicant(s) with removal notice knowing that the courts would overturn their decisions .
Down the years all this rejections & refusals will then build up to another backlog again .

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Tue May 07, 2013 6:02 pm

@Cookies....all the best with your application and now the waiting begins.As for me have bit my nails and plucked out my eye-lashes all in the name of waiting.Reckon will join you in biting my toe nails...*bitestoenails*....shall post them to HO as a reminder....lol....*hidesface*

oishola77778

Post by oishola77778 » Tue May 07, 2013 8:31 pm

Guys just an update on application:

Extension of discretionary leave to remain based on Marriage

Timeline as below:

Date Applied/Docs sent special delivery: 07/05/13
-Date document received by UKBA: Waiting
-Date Payment taken: Waiting
-Date Received Ack. Letter: Waiting
-Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: Waiting
-Date Biometrics Done: Waiting
-Date Passport/Docs received from HO: Waiting
-Date Biometrics received : Waiting

Spoke to UKBA today and they said current timescale for FLR(O) Applications is maximum 12 weeks from when biometrics is enrolled and it is there intention to send out biometric appointment letters as soon as possible, un answered question is how soon, hope I wont bit my fingers for too long :lol:

rec212

Joke

Post by rec212 » Tue May 07, 2013 9:22 pm

Someone was granted DLR because he's got a pet and he's taking care of it
LOL
:D

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Tue May 07, 2013 9:38 pm

@Oisholo....Hope u hv started biting them....lol coz their timescale ranges from 3months to 24months.All the best with ur application!

@Rec...ur joking hey....lol....what the heck???Wow,I reckon we should all gets pets too!

oishola77778

Post by oishola77778 » Tue May 07, 2013 9:53 pm

@ Keisha you mean 3months to 12months to extend marriage based discretionary leave?? have you any application? what type of application and what is your timeline?? :shock:

babycakes

Re: Joke

Post by babycakes » Tue May 07, 2013 10:04 pm

rec212 wrote:Someone was granted DLR because he's got a pet and he's taking care of it
LOL
dont listen to such rubbish home secretary created that story to make a point as to why she wanted to remove or toughen the human rights side of the applications.

in all honesty who would run such a risk as to involve a animal/pet into their application.

Seriously if she has nothing good to say it best she just keep quiet, they have tried so many different ways to control migration ,when will they realise that migration can never me controlled its a problem first world country faces check out Usa and Canada no one has time to hunt down illegal immigrant and pay 1000s of tax payers money to send them back to thier country.

why dont they focus on getting the country out of tripple dip recession instead of focusing on people who has built a family life here.
:roll:

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Tue May 07, 2013 10:19 pm

@Shola...well,I'm just making an assumption since they don't have a set time-line *thinking about dispatches*.You always hear that your application is in process,even after 8months,they are still saying the same thing.Since,ur applying for an extention,reckon u will be getting ur answer in lesson 6months...if lucky!I applied last August and still waiting even today after submitting my bios 3months ago.But,I pray that all goes well for me and everyone else.

Prince74

Re: Joke

Post by Prince74 » Tue May 07, 2013 10:40 pm

babycakes wrote:
rec212 wrote:Someone was granted DLR because he's got a pet and he's taking care of it
LOL
dont listen to such rubbish home secretary created that story to make a point as to why she wanted to remove or toughen the human rights side of the applications.

in all honesty who would run such a risk as to involve a animal/pet into their application.

Seriously if she has nothing good to say it best she just keep quiet, they have tried so many different ways to control migration ,when will they realise that migration can never me controlled its a problem first world country faces check out Usa and Canada no one has time to hunt down illegal immigrant and pay 1000s of tax payers money to send them back to thier country.

why dont they focus on getting the country out of tripple dip recession instead of focusing on people who has built a family life here.
:roll:
The issue of including a pet as part of the reasons why the applicant should be allowed to stay in the UK has been so grossly taken out of context. My solicitor represented the Bolivian applicant and I understand the case very well. When the news broke in 2011, coincidentally I had an appointment with my solicitor and the appointment was delayed for 30 minutes because he was being interviewed by the BBC.

The applicant was not allowed to stay because he had a pet, I understand that the UKBA failed to apply one of its policies which was in place at the time, and this policy would have favoured the applicant. In the applicant's supporting statement which he sent as part of his application, he listed the level of commitment he had established in the UK with his gay partner and having a cat was one of the things he listed. So, naively, Theresa May's aids picked this particular point out and Theresa May went to the Conservative Conference and used it as a point to show why the Human Right Act should be redefined.

oishola77778

Post by oishola77778 » Tue May 07, 2013 11:13 pm

babycakes wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
babycakes wrote:

Yes my mp wrote to them twice and have written to them again last week, Now waiting on a response from them which is usually very vague saying they dont know how much longer it will take i need to keep on waiting and i will be contacted in due time.

@ babycakes please if you dont mind - what sort of extension are you applying for and on what basis? I understand all extensions go throw active reviews but unless change in circumstance from why initial leave was granted then the active review should be straight forward application, thou we all know UKBA themself make simple cases complicated. Please advise nature of your application if you dont mind. Thanks.

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Tue May 07, 2013 11:42 pm

hello every1

new to the site and my time line is

application type: flr o (compassionate grounds)
application made: 06-june-2012
biometric recieved: 18th august but dated 15th
biometric done: 19th august
mp contacted ho: december 2012
reply to mp on january 2013: that my application is in a queue waiting consideration and they can give time scale on it as its outsie the rule.
rang ho: last thursday they reply saying application still outstanding
waiting till now been more than 11months now.

brief story: i came in the country at the age of 13years old my dad brought me here and dump me with my mum and ever since i havent heard from him and he use to beat me up and i have 5scars on my body i got from him while i was with him back home.....my mum aint got no leave and me and her dont get alone as no connection there....i went to high school and college here and been in a relationship with my gf since high school... we both just turned 18years old and i made my application when i was 17years old.

grounds on which i applied:

Domestic violence from my father back home: sent picture evidence of the scars on my body.

attended school and college here: sent in all my school n college certificates which clearly shows i have intergrated with the society and i have adapted to the life here and will be hard to reajust

In a serious relation with a british citizen: sent in all pictures and her birth certificate with a latter from her confirming we been together from high school till date and intend to get married in the future.

covering letter explaining i came in as a minnor (13years old) there for wont be counted as an offender which i was told that by an immigration officer herself when i found out i had no status and i have no ties back home anymore.

please can you tell me what my chances are anymore as i cant wait for you rreply

cheers
Last edited by ONLYME1 on Tue May 07, 2013 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.