ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No Last name or Family Name on passport

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

justdopposite

No Last name or Family Name on passport

Post by justdopposite » Tue May 07, 2013 4:18 pm

hi there

My spouse does not have a last name/family name on her passport. She only has one name on her First Name. ( Eg. First name: Prithvi)

Can I just leave the last name/family name field blank on her T2 dependent application form ? Or should I write N/A or something ?

kindly advice. Thanks.

safatafa
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by safatafa » Wed May 08, 2013 7:25 am

Hi there
Seems very odd but u need to have a surname or family name . I haven't come across this situation but I am sure she must ve a family name written next to the first name usually the last part of the name is the surname

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Wed May 08, 2013 9:50 am

Hi

There is no last part of the name, but there is fathers and mothers name which appears on the last page of the PP. Thanks for your reply though

thakur71
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by thakur71 » Wed May 08, 2013 11:43 am

Hi,
Do not worry about it. I had applied Tier2 visa two years back along with my wife (out of country). Both of our passport do not have any surname. When we applied (online application), we put XXX in place of surname, and there was no issue to get visa stamped. I am travelling for last ten years without my surname and never get any problem.
I hope this justify your query.
Greetings