ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

October Application... thinking of withdrawing. Advise Pleas

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

njb1989
Newly Registered

October Application... thinking of withdrawing. Advise Pleas

Post by njb1989 » Tue May 07, 2013 10:55 am

Hey guys, been watching this forum for many months, time for me to post.

My friend applied October 19
Received Oct 22nd
Bio early November
200k route

Same as you guys, after expecting to be able to see her family after one month, she has waited over 6, meaning she has missed important family events, including spring festival ( aka Chinese Christmas) important weddings, and she has still not met her baby niece.

She has been tempted to withdraw application many times, but every time she thinks, maybe the Visa will come next week.

Now we are seeing people on here who are waiting upwards of 9 months… potentially she could be waiting for another 3 months...maybe longer.

Anyway, she is now considering withdrawing application, moving back to china and reapplying form there for these reasons:
1. Can live with family while she waits
2. She can get a job and earn experience/money while she waits
3. Quicker decision – people who apply in 2013 often get a decision within a month. We have no idea how long the backlog could go on for.

As she applied 200k route and submitted no bushiness plan or materials (it was not necessary before jan 31st to submit) we think this could make the case take even longer..

Do you guys think withdrawing is a good idea? Or she should stick it out?

babylondoner
- thin ice -

Post by babylondoner » Tue May 07, 2013 10:58 am

has she written to UKBA at all?

if not, she should call them and ask for an address on where to send a letter to.

she should contact her MP as well. that might also help :s

7 months is quite a long time

njb1989
Newly Registered

Post by njb1989 » Tue May 07, 2013 11:01 am

Written 5 letters to MP, and he has written to UKBA... nothing.

UKBA just says a decision is still being made when she phoned... so have no idea how much longer to go...

babylondoner
- thin ice -

Post by babylondoner » Tue May 07, 2013 11:03 am

has she written to UKBA PERSONALLY?

la
Member of Standing

Re: October Application... thinking of withdrawing. Advise P

Post by la » Tue May 07, 2013 11:08 am

njb1989 wrote:Hey guys, been watching this forum for many months, time for me to post.

Received Oct 22nd
Bio early November
200k route

Same as you guys, after expecting to be able to see her family after one month, she has waited over 6, meaning she has missed important family events, including spring festival ( aka Chinese Christmas) important weddings, and she has still not met her baby niece.

She has been tempted to withdraw application many times, but every time she thinks, maybe the Visa will come next week.

Now we are seeing people on here who are waiting upwards of 9 months… potentially she could be waiting for another 3 months...maybe longer.

Anyway, she is now considering withdrawing application, moving back to china and reapplying form there for these reasons:
3. Quicker decision – people who apply in 2013 often get a decision within a month. We have no idea how long the backlog could go on for.

As she applied 200k route and submitted no bushiness plan or materials (it was not necessary before jan 31st to submit) we think this could make the case take even longer..

Hi Njb1989.

If 200k funds are in her UK bank account, Probably decision should be quicker. Could you please let us know location of funds whether it is in UK third party's bank account / in her UK Bank own account / abroad third party bank account / abroad in her own bank account ?

Mr X
Newly Registered

October Application... thinking of withdrawing. Advise Plea

Post by Mr X » Tue May 07, 2013 11:35 am

Hi

I have applied on 15th oct 2012, biometrics letter received on 22nd oct 2012 n have submitted my biometrics on 5th nov 2012

Like many others,I have nt got any updates yet however up on calling ukba they informed me they are working on the cases n would let me know the result ASAP! So in my opinion lets wait until end of this month, if no more updates then consider withdrawal option.rest up to you.

Good luck n many thanks
:-)

njb1989
Newly Registered

Re: October Application... thinking of withdrawing. Advise P

Post by njb1989 » Tue May 07, 2013 12:13 pm

la wrote:
njb1989 wrote:Hey guys, been watching this forum for many months, time for me to post.

Received Oct 22nd
Bio early November
200k route

Her account abroad I believe ...

Hi Njb1989.

If 200k funds are in her UK bank account, Probably decision should be quicker. Could you please let us know location of funds whether it is in UK third party's bank account / in her UK Bank own account / abroad third party bank account / abroad in her own bank account ?

Funds are in her account abroad I believe ...

njb1989
Newly Registered

Post by njb1989 » Tue May 07, 2013 12:16 pm

babylondoner wrote:has she written to UKBA PERSONALLY?
Nope .. I guess we thougt an MP would be more powerful than us. Maybe should try ?

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Tue May 07, 2013 1:10 pm

njb1989 wrote:
Nope .. I guess we thougt an MP would be more powerful than us. Maybe should try ?
Hi Njb1989,

Could you please let us know location of funds whether it is in UK third party's bank account / in her UK Bank own account / abroad third party bank account / abroad in her own bank account ?
Based on location of funds processing time varies.

njb1989
Newly Registered

Post by njb1989 » Tue May 07, 2013 1:21 pm

la wrote:
njb1989 wrote:
Hi Njb1989,

Could you please let us know location of funds whether it is in UK third party's bank account / in her UK Bank own account / abroad third party bank account / abroad in her own bank account ?
Based on location of funds processing time varies.
They are located in her account abroad I believe.

la
Member of Standing

Post by la » Tue May 07, 2013 1:27 pm

Ok Njb1989. Then there is no surprise in taking more time - it might take time from 7 months to 9 months and even more in rare cases based on applicants (whose funds are located abroad) processing time here in this forum.

It is better to wait till they come back with decision else all our efforts will be wasted.

Did her abroad bank got any verification call so far?

Even I am also in similar boat

Applied 200k category - October 20 2012
Biometric Nov-07-2012
100 UK here in UK and 100 K in abroad applicant's account.
Since then waiting

njb1989
Newly Registered

Post by njb1989 » Tue May 07, 2013 3:04 pm

la wrote:Ok Njb1989. Then there is no surprise in taking more time - it might take time from 7 months to 9 months and even more in rare cases based on applicants (whose funds are located abroad) processing time here in this forum.

It is better to wait till they come back with decision else all our efforts will be wasted.

Did her abroad bank got any verification call so far?

Even I am also in similar boat

Applied 200k category - October 20 2012
Biometric Nov-07-2012
100 UK here in UK and 100 K in abroad applicant's account.
Since then waiting
Wow... so how many people have you seen waiting 9 months are more? I've seen only two waiting this long.

Looks like you are both in same boat. Yes I know it seems to make sense to wait... but then again, if we could be waiting over 9 months, it is tempting for her just to cancel and try again... from what you have seen do they process quicker from abroad? I had a rumour this is true...

njb1989
Newly Registered

Post by njb1989 » Tue May 07, 2013 3:36 pm

also dont think bank has got verification call. has yours?

M.R252

Post by M.R252 » Tue May 07, 2013 3:57 pm

Same here ,
Apply in 25 October bio on 23 November after that no news

njb1989
Newly Registered

Post by njb1989 » Tue May 07, 2013 4:28 pm

M.R252 wrote:Same here ,
Apply in 25 October bio on 23 November after that no news
where are funds?

M.R252

Post by M.R252 » Wed May 08, 2013 9:30 am