ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

biometric letter 15 days confusion

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zach
Newly Registered

biometric letter 15 days confusion

Post by zach » Tue May 07, 2013 11:33 am

Hi All,
Could anyone comment on bio enrollment valid until?

It says 15 working days from the letter date. I received my bio letter dated 2nd May, so how long it will be valid when count 15 working days.

is it untill 22nd May? or until 16th May?

how to count days including weekend or exlusive?

thanks

pebb1e
Newly Registered

Re: biometric letter 15 days confusion

Post by pebb1e » Tue May 07, 2013 8:03 pm

If you dont enroll your biometric in the first fifteen days, they send you a reminder letter giving you another new 17 days to entroll it.

Why is that, i ll share my personal experience with you. I applied for Tier 1 - General extension on 18th March, received acknowledgement on 20th march. I did not receive any biometric invitation letter till 15th April so I have sent an email to AppointmentExceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and whined about not receiving the biometric letter. I received an email reply back within 3 hours that a new biometric letter will be sent out.
on 20th of April, I received a biometric enrollment letter dated 17th april in the post saying I have got 15 days to enroll my biometrics.
On 22nd of April, I received another biometric enrollment letter dated 18th april in the post stating I failed to enroll my biometric in the last 15 days so i have got another 17 days to enroll it.

The conclusion is, if you fail to enroll biometric in the first fifteen days, the case officer will think that you may not have receive the letter (like in my case, as the first letter that should have been send in march might have got lost in the post cuz its third class post ) and then they send you a reminder letter giving you another 17 days. So dont worry and then submit your biometrics even if u r gone above 15 days from the letter date.

zach
Newly Registered

Post by zach » Tue May 07, 2013 10:38 pm

Thank you very much