ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WHO PAYS THE APPLICATION FEES?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

varun711
Newly Registered

WHO PAYS THE APPLICATION FEES?

Post by varun711 » Tue May 07, 2013 2:53 pm

I am applying for a Tier 2 General visa (shifting category from Tier 1 PSW)

Initially one of the directors (Operations director - my boss) in our contract discussions told me that the company would pay for my visa application (though this was not put down in writing in my contract). Now the Managing Director who is now the director that I report to has refused to pay for the application fees.

I assumed it is the companies responsibility to pay for your visa isn't it? Literally - 'Sponsored visa'??

Could anyone please advice me as to how I should approach this as the application fees is over £500 which is no small amount.

safatafa
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by safatafa » Tue May 07, 2013 3:58 pm

Depends really sponsors pay 179 for cos as it is...
I don't think majority of sponsors pay application fees,it's usually the applicant .
Sorry bro but that's the reality

varun711
Newly Registered

Post by varun711 » Tue May 07, 2013 4:15 pm

Thank you for that. I assumed so as I could not find any post related to my query.

Though I have tried to renegotiate terms of my contract with the employer and if it goes to plan they will be willing to pay for it as long as I sign off the addition of an obligation to work with the company for at least one year in my contract.

Which I am willing to do as the projects I am working on will take at least 10 months to complete and I will anyways not leave without finishing them as they are like my babies :p haha

Though I would like to know about other peoples experiences with regard to the same .... Please share :)

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Tue May 07, 2013 4:24 pm

depends on how assertive you are and your relationship with your boss, i guess ..

would be interesting to see others response on this ..

mm0909

Post by mm0909 » Tue May 07, 2013 10:23 pm

varun711 wrote:Thank you for that. I assumed so as I could not find any post related to my query.

Though I have tried to renegotiate terms of my contract with the employer and if it goes to plan they will be willing to pay for it as long as I sign off the addition of an obligation to work with the company for at least one year in my contract.

Which I am willing to do as the projects I am working on will take at least 10 months to complete and I will anyways not leave without finishing them as they are like my babies :p haha

Though I would like to know about other peoples experiences with regard to the same .... Please share :)
Hey, I am currently on tier 2, for which I applied with my own British pounds. I am currently working for a small privately owned company. But recently, got a job offer through phone and have been in contact with the potential employer going through the sponsorship process. They said they are working with a law firm and looking to arrange a same day service. I haven't explicitly asked for it. They have just offered it. Next step is I need to worry about things go smoothly when I go to that public enquiry office for appointment. Just sharing the experience and good luck. :)