ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to India first time on OCI

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

malepiscean
United Kingdom

Travelling to India first time on OCI

Post by malepiscean » Tue May 07, 2013 5:59 pm

Dear all

Today I received my OCI booklet and Life long Visa vignette.

I'm planning to travel to India sometime next week - just for my peace of mind I wanted to poll the group that is there anything apart from the obvious I need to be aware of?

Obvious being that I should be carrying both the OCI booklet and the life long visa vignette.

Please do let me know especially if you have also recently traveled on OCI to India for the first time - what was your experience like with immigration? I would also be grateful if you could share your recent experience in general with OCI? (i.e. maybe not your first time on OCI but anything you learnt that is worth knowing when it comes to immigration)

Any thoughts/experiences would help and hopefully put my mind at ease.

Many thanks in advance.

ric1982
Member of Standing

Re: Travelling to India first time on OCI

Post by ric1982 » Wed May 08, 2013 8:15 am

malepiscean wrote:Dear all

Today I received my OCI booklet and Life long Visa vignette.

I'm planning to travel to India sometime next week - just for my peace of mind I wanted to poll the group that is there anything apart from the obvious I need to be aware of?

Obvious being that I should be carrying both the OCI booklet and the life long visa vignette.

Please do let me know especially if you have also recently traveled on OCI to India for the first time - what was your experience like with immigration? I would also be grateful if you could share your recent experience in general with OCI? (i.e. maybe not your first time on OCI but anything you learnt that is worth knowing when it comes to immigration)

Any thoughts/experiences would help and hopefully put my mind at ease.

Many thanks in advance.
You buy something call "ticket" and then you go to something called "Airport"....

Of course you carry both. Its the reason GOI has given stamp on your BP...

Are you being serious? Who asks questions like this? Do you want us to check in on your behalf,..... Sir? ggggggg....

Please put a genuine query if you have any....
Last edited by ric1982 on Wed May 08, 2013 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

ric1982
Member of Standing

Re: Travelling to India first time on OCI

Post by ric1982 » Wed May 08, 2013 8:40 am

duplicate