ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transfer Visitor visa to another

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

impactcrew

Transfer Visitor visa to another

Post by impactcrew » Wed May 08, 2013 9:02 am

Hi

Apologies if this is in the wrong area but could not find a suitable place to place this so will try here.

The question is is there anyway to transfer my multiple visitor visa to the following:

1. Student visa
2. Investor visa
3. Any other routes to transfer or make the visitor visa into a more permanent visa.

Thanks in advance for any help and please feel free to PM me if anyone has any info on this or can recommend someone that can help in this situation.

Thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed May 08, 2013 9:16 am

No. Visitor visas cannot be 'transferred' into another category.

impactcrew

Post by impactcrew » Wed May 08, 2013 9:28 am

Greenie wrote:No. Visitor visas cannot be 'transferred' into another category.
thanks so the suggestion would be to go back home and then apply for another visa and try to get back here.

Is there a section on here for Asylum and how to claim it?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed May 08, 2013 11:34 am

Is your life/safety at risk of you return to your home country? :?

impactcrew

Post by impactcrew » Wed May 08, 2013 1:03 pm

Casa wrote:Is your life/safety at risk of you return to your home country? :?
yes as i am involved with the BNP party in Bangladesh and escaped on my multiple visa from earlier on to get out of the country, can i now change that visa or apply for Asylum? I still have over 5 months expiry on my visitor visa.

Thanks for any assistance.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed May 08, 2013 3:27 pm

You'll be asked why you didn't apply for asylum on entry instead of waiting for your visitor visa to expire. How long have you been in the UK? A visitor visa only allows you 6 months in every 12 months, even with a multiple entry visa.
What happened to the successful application for settlement you submitted in 2008? :?
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#195090

impactcrew

Post by impactcrew » Wed May 08, 2013 3:50 pm

Casa wrote:You'll be asked why you didn't apply for asylum on entry instead of waiting for your visitor visa to expire. How long have you been in the UK? A visitor visa only allows you 6 months in every 12 months, even with a multiple entry visa.
What happened to the successful application for settlement you submitted in 2008? :?
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#195090
Hi Casa,

This was for something else and this is for a cousin of mine who entered the uk on a visit visa about 2 months ago and he did not intend to stay in the Uk but with the political turmoil back in Bangladesh he is now not wanting to return for safety of his live. So can he now claim Asylum saying that i did not wish to but due to political situation back home getting worse day by day and with no future outlook for me back home, can i claim asylum?

His visitor visa has not expired and still has about 4 months left till it expires. He has been in and out of the uk in the last 2 years about 2 times each time staying for a period of 4 months or so then going back to bangladesh and then coming back to uk after staying there for 3-4 months, it is only now that he has realised how dangerous it is for him to go back and wishes to claim asylum?

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed May 08, 2013 4:10 pm

He's going to have to present an extremely strong case as to why he considers it unsafe to return to Bangladesh. The Home Office may well take the view that as a frequent visitor here he simply prefers life in the UK and is looking for a means to stay.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/asylu ... interview/