ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visit visa maintenance

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rizwan028
Newly Registered

Family visit visa maintenance

Post by rizwan028 » Tue May 07, 2013 11:09 pm

Hi,

I wanted to bring my wife to UK on visit visa for 2 months. She is currently pursuing her graduation in India. I'm sponsoring her fully. I have few questions. If someone can answer all those questions, would be very helpful:

#1. She doesn't have surname. She has only forename in her passport. What should I give under surname? Online application doesn't move to next screen for booking an appointment without surname.

#2. How much maintenance balance should I show for my wife and for myself as well and for how many days should that be in the account? How many months bank statement should I submit with application?

#3. She is going to apply for visa from India, so I transferred all my amount 2 lacs to my NRI account in India thinking it might help that way showing my Indian account while submitting the application. During submitting the application, i will be in India so to avoid any missing documents, I thought to do so. Later I realized, I should have had some amount in my UK account as well for showing my expenses under maintenance. Should my NRI account suffices it or should I save the amount in UK account and show that as well?

I will be greatfull if I can have answers to all my questions.

Thanks!

impactcrew

Re: Family visit visa maintenance

Post by impactcrew » Wed May 08, 2013 9:39 am

rizwan028 wrote:Hi,

I wanted to bring my wife to UK on visit visa for 2 months. She is currently pursuing her graduation in India. I'm sponsoring her fully. I have few questions. If someone can answer all those questions, would be very helpful:

#1. She doesn't have surname. She has only forename in her passport. What should I give under surname? Online application doesn't move to next screen for booking an appointment without surname.

Answer- She must have a surname every one has regardless of what country they are from.

#2. How much maintenance balance should I show for my wife and for myself as well and for how many days should that be in the account? How many months bank statement should I submit with application?

Not too much, Not too low, just a comfortable bank balance left over evety month for 2 people to live on and i would say 6 months

#3. She is going to apply for visa from India, so I transferred all my amount 2 lacs to my NRI account in India thinking it might help that way showing my Indian account while submitting the application. During submitting the application, i will be in India so to avoid any missing documents, I thought to do so. Later I realized, I should have had some amount in my UK account as well for showing my expenses under maintenance. Should my NRI account suffices it or should I save the amount in UK account and show that as well?

Do not transfer large amounts from UK to an international account and then apply, it does not look good, transfer in small amounts and then apply.

I will be greatfull if I can have answers to all my questions.

Thanks!
See above.

Good luck

PinkFloyd

Post by PinkFloyd » Thu May 09, 2013 11:26 am

I did the same a year back, got my wife on visitor visa. Highlight and provide evidence of her graduation course as this is a strong evidence that she will come back to complete her studies.

1. I am not sure here so avoid commenting.
2. I showed around GBP 1500 per month for sustenance. It is not a standard, just the figure that got us the visa.
3. Is it NRE or NRO? Either should work but NRE is more favourable as you can show that the money is fully repatriable. You can state on the cover letter the reason for big sum transfer.