ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) SUCCESS STORIES - Share them here!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cookies
Scotland

FLR(O) SUCCESS STORIES - Share them here!

Post by cookies » Fri May 03, 2013 12:59 pm

Please share your success stories here, tell us what your initial situation was, what you did to sort it (solicitor, applied on your own, etc?) and please tell us what your final successful outcome was and how long it took! Please share! :D

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Sun May 05, 2013 4:56 pm

doesn't anyone have any success stories to share??? Shocking!!! :?

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Sun May 05, 2013 6:11 pm

cookies wrote:doesn't anyone have any success stories to share??? Shocking!!! :?
Nobody has any good news to share, I hope to share mine very soon!

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Sun May 05, 2013 6:18 pm

Prince74 wrote:
cookies wrote:doesn't anyone have any success stories to share??? Shocking!!! :?
I know what you mean, Prince! Have you appealed yet? I also hope to share my success story on here soon. fingers crossed for us! :)

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Sun May 05, 2013 9:01 pm

cookies wrote:
Prince74 wrote:
I know what you mean, Prince! Have you appealed yet? I also hope to share my success story on here soon. fingers crossed for us! :)
I received a letter from the First Tier Tribunal giving me a date for my hearing which will be on August 9th. This appeal is for the refusal of my Zambrano application. Besides, I also have Article 8 application which has been outstanding for reconsideration since July 2010. The Home Office has confirmed that a caseworker is currently dealing with my application and we believe that a decision is imminent.

My spirit tells me that leave would be granted based on Article 8 and I would not need to proceed with the appeal.

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Wed May 08, 2013 6:07 pm

cookies wrote:
Prince74 wrote:
I know that there are quite a number of members on this forum who have been following my posts, so I think I should inform you guys of the recent development concerning my dealings with the Home Office. First, I am pleased to inform you all that I have been granted 30 months leave to remain based on Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. In the letter of grant which I just picked up from my solicitor's office a couple of hours ago, it states that the reasons for the grant are: (a) they are satisfied from the information I provided that while I am not the biological father of my partner's child, my partner and her child have been naturalised and I have married my partner, (b) In view of the child's length of residence, they are not satisfied that it would be reasonable to expect the child to leave the United Kingdom and because of our particular circumstances, they have granted me leave within the immigration rules under D-LTRP.1.2 of Appendix FM.

My battle with the Home Office has been a very lengthy one, and the process has cost me £4,608 in legal fees/home office application fee. I think it is important for me to explain my situation in detail:

In 2005 I met my partner, she had applied asylum in 2002. She was on legacy. In 2008, without any of us having status, we decided to get married in our church because even though neither of us had status, we wanted to live together as husband and wife. She had a child with her late husband and the child had become used to me and we wanted to give her some sort of stability by getting married and moving in together. In October 2009 (that was a year after our church wedding), the Home Office decided to grant her ILR on legacy. After she had been granted, that was only when I consulted a solicitor so that I can then regularise my own status. I consulted a solicitor in London in February 2010. Even though it had taken me 3 years to get my status, I still believe that this solicitor made such a wonderful representation on my behalf. I will be using them until I get my ILR in 10 years time.

In May 2010, my solicitor put in an FLR(O) on my behalf, this was based on Article 8. On July 7, 2010 this application was refused and right of appeal was not given. This was when the battle began - my solicitors wrote several letters, many of which the Home Office did not bother to reply. In July 2010, my solicitor asked the Home Office to review and reconsider the decision to refuse my application. In November 2010, the Home Office reviewed the decision but maintained its decision to refuse the application.

In July 2011, I contacted my MP (Theresa May). She asked me why don't I go and applied from my country. I told her bluntly that I have family here in the UK and it would be unreasonable to expect me to leave my family behind. In May 2011 we received an email from the Home Office telling us that they would reconsider the refusal "without unnecessary delay". In August 2011, I received a letter from Immigration Minister, Damian Green telling me that they can not expedite my reconsideration unless there is exceptional compassionate circumstances. Coincidentally, at the time I was seeing a psychologist, and the psychologist wrote that the main cause of my depression and anxiety is my immigration status in the UK. In September 2011, the Immigration Minister wrote back, saying that the depression and anxiety I suffer from is not compassionate enough, so they can not expedite action on my case.

In November 2011, my solicitor put in an EEA application based on Zambrano. After a very long wait, in March 2013 Zambrano was refused and appeal right given. We are appealing and the hearing has been fixed for 9th August 2013.

In frustration, I wrote letters, emails to the Home Secretary who is my MP. I called the Home Office every couple of months and the answer was always the same - "case under consideration, so you have to wait, UKBA will contact you". In February I wrote an email to the UKBA complaint department. In April I received a letter from the complaint department saying that a case worker is dealing with my case and the outcome would be communicated to me shortly. I bombarded my MP's office with emails. My MP's office contacted me in April to say that the Home Office has said to them that they are dealing with my case and they would get back to me shortly.

My mother became very unwell from March 27, 2013 and on the same day, I contacted my MP's office and demanded an urgent meeting with my MP. I informed them about my mother's illness. On April 30, 2013, I lost my mother whom I lost saw 10 years ago.

On May 3, 2013 a caseworker at the Home Office contacted my solicitor to say that they are looking at the human right element of my application and that the solicitor should fax a copy of a letter of representation which my solicitor had sent to them in October 2012. Immediately, my solicitor faxed the letter with attachments and she called me to update me.

Today, May 8th 2013, my solicitor contacted me that she had received a letter from the Home Office granting me 30 months leave to remain based on Appendix FM as stated above. No sooner had I received the call, within an hour and half, I was already in her office to collect the letter and fill out the Biometric Residence Card Form which she will be posting out to the Home Office tomorrow together with a copy of my mother's death certificate so that they can process the Biometric Residence Card without delay as my family is waiting for me, they can not bury my mother in my absence.

Dealing with the Home Office has been a nightmare and I would not wish it on my worst enemy. It has taken me 3 years.

I want to thank everyone whose word of encouragement has kept me sane. I knew nothing about immigration law until I joined this forum, today I can confidently say that I have learnt a lot from all of you. There are too many people to thank. I want to especially thank Mutly, Vinny and all those whose names I cant remember at the moment.

You guy have been fantastic and I often wondered how I managed to cope for 3 years dealing with the UKBA. You guys made it easy for me.

Lots of love to you all.

glory5050

Congratulation to you @prince74

Post by glory5050 » Wed May 08, 2013 6:32 pm

Congratulation prince74 for the success of your long battling issue for the flr o.I am so happy for you.

winners

Post by winners » Wed May 08, 2013 6:36 pm

Congrats Prince enjoy your hard earn freedom

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed May 08, 2013 7:23 pm

Awww congrats prince and sorry for the lost of your mummy...

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Sat May 11, 2013 1:03 pm

Congrats Prince! enjoy every minute of it!

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Sat May 11, 2013 2:34 pm

Prince74 wrote:
cookies wrote:
Prince74 wrote:
I know that there are quite a number of members on this forum who have been following my posts, so I think I should inform you guys of the recent development concerning my dealings with the Home Office. First, I am pleased to inform you all that I have been granted 30 months leave to remain based on Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. In the letter of grant which I just picked up from my solicitor's office a couple of hours ago, it states that the reasons for the grant are: (a) they are satisfied from the information I provided that while I am not the biological father of my partner's child, my partner and her child have been naturalised and I have married my partner, (b) In view of the child's length of residence, they are not satisfied that it would be reasonable to expect the child to leave the United Kingdom and because of our particular circumstances, they have granted me leave within the immigration rules under D-LTRP.1.2 of Appendix FM.

My battle with the Home Office has been a very lengthy one, and the process has cost me £4,608 in legal fees/home office application fee. I think it is important for me to explain my situation in detail:

In 2005 I met my partner, she had applied asylum in 2002. She was on legacy. In 2008, without any of us having status, we decided to get married in our church because even though neither of us had status, we wanted to live together as husband and wife. She had a child with her late husband and the child had become used to me and we wanted to give her some sort of stability by getting married and moving in together. In October 2009 (that was a year after our church wedding), the Home Office decided to grant her ILR on legacy. After she had been granted, that was only when I consulted a solicitor so that I can then regularise my own status. I consulted a solicitor in London in February 2010. Even though it had taken me 3 years to get my status, I still believe that this solicitor made such a wonderful representation on my behalf. I will be using them until I get my ILR in 10 years time.

In May 2010, my solicitor put in an FLR(O) on my behalf, this was based on Article 8. On July 7, 2010 this application was refused and right of appeal was not given. This was when the battle began - my solicitors wrote several letters, many of which the Home Office did not bother to reply. In July 2010, my solicitor asked the Home Office to review and reconsider the decision to refuse my application. In November 2010, the Home Office reviewed the decision but maintained its decision to refuse the application.

In July 2011, I contacted my MP (Theresa May). She asked me why don't I go and applied from my country. I told her bluntly that I have family here in the UK and it would be unreasonable to expect me to leave my family behind. In May 2011 we received an email from the Home Office telling us that they would reconsider the refusal "without unnecessary delay". In August 2011, I received a letter from Immigration Minister, Damian Green telling me that they can not expedite my reconsideration unless there is exceptional compassionate circumstances. Coincidentally, at the time I was seeing a psychologist, and the psychologist wrote that the main cause of my depression and anxiety is my immigration status in the UK. In September 2011, the Immigration Minister wrote back, saying that the depression and anxiety I suffer from is not compassionate enough, so they can not expedite action on my case.

In November 2011, my solicitor put in an EEA application based on Zambrano. After a very long wait, in March 2013 Zambrano was refused and appeal right given. We are appealing and the hearing has been fixed for 9th August 2013.

In frustration, I wrote letters, emails to the Home Secretary who is my MP. I called the Home Office every couple of months and the answer was always the same - "case under consideration, so you have to wait, UKBA will contact you". In February I wrote an email to the UKBA complaint department. In April I received a letter from the complaint department saying that a case worker is dealing with my case and the outcome would be communicated to me shortly. I bombarded my MP's office with emails. My MP's office contacted me in April to say that the Home Office has said to them that they are dealing with my case and they would get back to me shortly.

My mother became very unwell from March 27, 2013 and on the same day, I contacted my MP's office and demanded an urgent meeting with my MP. I informed them about my mother's illness. On April 30, 2013, I lost my mother whom I lost saw 10 years ago.

On May 3, 2013 a caseworker at the Home Office contacted my solicitor to say that they are looking at the human right element of my application and that the solicitor should fax a copy of a letter of representation which my solicitor had sent to them in October 2012. Immediately, my solicitor faxed the letter with attachments and she called me to update me.

Today, May 8th 2013, my solicitor contacted me that she had received a letter from the Home Office granting me 30 months leave to remain based on Appendix FM as stated above. No sooner had I received the call, within an hour and half, I was already in her office to collect the letter and fill out the Biometric Residence Card Form which she will be posting out to the Home Office tomorrow together with a copy of my mother's death certificate so that they can process the Biometric Residence Card without delay as my family is waiting for me, they can not bury my mother in my absence.

Dealing with the Home Office has been a nightmare and I would not wish it on my worst enemy. It has taken me 3 years.

I want to thank everyone whose word of encouragement has kept me sane. I knew nothing about immigration law until I joined this forum, today I can confidently say that I have learnt a lot from all of you. There are too many people to thank. I want to especially thank Mutly, Vinny and all those whose names I cant remember at the moment.

You guy have been fantastic and I often wondered how I managed to cope for 3 years dealing with the UKBA. You guys made it easy for me.

Lots of love to you all.
Oh my God! A BIG CONGRATS Prince 74!!! Once again my condolences on the loss of your mother(sad you had not seen her for 10yrs) I too lost my dad in 2011 and i hadn't seen him for 6yrs. Your story brought tears to my eyes and am so relieved for you.
This news must be bittersweet for you and i can only wish you all the best moving forward. Your testimony gives me hope. 3 hearty cheers to you!!!

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Fri May 17, 2013 3:27 pm

keep 'em coming!!!

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Sun May 26, 2013 1:42 pm

cookies wrote:keep 'em coming!!!

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:52 pm

I have been granted 30 months leave to remain. I hope my my story helps other people on this forum:

My story:

I came to the UK on a work visa (exchange migrant) valid for 8 months in September 2009, during this time I moved in with my partner in November 2009 (my partner is a British Citizen) - In February 2010 we found out I was pregnant - we were living in London at the time and we didn't know what to do, June 2010 my visa was about to expire and we didn't have enough money to hire a solicitor or apply for any sort of visa, my father was very ill at the moment and his illness was generating a huge bill for my mother who at the time told me NOT to come home as they would not be able to support me and my pregnancy. We decided to move to Scotland and by then my visa had already expired. October 2010, our daughter was born. We did nothing until March 2013 when we decided to see an immigration solicitor in Glasgow, he told us the documents we would need and in April we collected all passports and supporting documents. On May 2nd I went to see my solicitor and we applied for
FLR(O) based on my family life. We used the FLR(O) form and applied under SECTION 8L OTHER REASONS NOT COVERED - and submitted all documents listed below. The importance of a solicitor is that they prepare case law relating to your case to defend your rights as a partner and parent.

Supporting documents submitted with my application:

Partner's and daughter's British passports (ORIGINAL)
My Passport ( both expired and new one)
Daughter's British Birth certificate. (Original)
Joint tenancy agreements since 2010 -2013
Joint Council tax annual statements since 2010-2013
Joint utility bills since 2010-2013
Random online receipts stating delivery address as same since 2009
Partner's last 6 months bank statements.
Partner's P60s since 2010-2013
Partner's work payslips and contracts
Letter from GP stating when we registered as a family.
Letters of support from family and friends (as many as possible)
Photos of us as a family since 2009-2013
Birthday cards, Christmas cards, engagement cards, new home cards, fathers day cards, etc
Surgery appointment letters since pregnancy to present.
Personal emails we’ve exchanged (Partner and I) since May 2009 when we started dating.

If your case is similar to mine make sure you can prove that you've been living with your partner for 2 or more years. Get as many supporting letters from family and friends as possible. They don't only take you and your partner/daughter into account, but EVERY British citizen affected in the case (grandparents, friends, aunts, uncles, parents, etc)

My timeline is stated below.

It is NOT that expensive to get a solicitor, most solicitors offer an installment plan to help you pay it up. My solicitor in Glasgow charged me £1200 for his services he offered to let me pay in 2 installments of £600. He even told me that if we didn't get the visa then I would NOT have to pay the remaining £600 ("no win no fee" kind of thing) The application was £578. I know some solicitors can offer even smaller installments. We are not wealthy people, we had to save up for months to be able to pay this. Please be prepared - save up and get a solicitor to help you - PLEASE make sure that the solicitor you choose is registered with the LAW SOCIETY. Do NOT trust a solicitor who CANNOT prove this.

Every case is different - so please use this as a guide - THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE - THIS IS JUST MY STORY - AND MY PERSONAL ADVICE.

Good luck everyone! Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions or if you are in Scotland (Glasgow) and want my solicitors details!

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:28 pm

Prince74 wrote:
cookies wrote:
Prince74 wrote:

Lots of love to you all.

Its a very moving but sad story... Thank you very much for sharing
it with us! All the best wishes for you and your family.

abivas
Newly Registered

Re: Iam in same situation would u plz give the solicitor det

Post by abivas » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:52 am

cookies wrote:I have been granted 30 months leave to remain. I hope my my story helps other people on this forum:

My story:

I came to the UK on a work visa (exchange migrant) valid for 8 months in September 2009, during this time I moved in with my partner in November 2009 (my partner is a British Citizen) - In February 2010 we found out I was pregnant - we were living in London at the time and we didn't know what to do, June 2010 my visa was about to expire and we didn't have enough money to hire a solicitor or apply for any sort of visa, my father was very ill at the moment and his illness was generating a huge bill for my mother who at the time told me NOT to come home as they would not be able to support me and my pregnancy. We decided to move to Scotland and by then my visa had already expired. October 2010, our daughter was born. We did nothing until March 2013 when we decided to see an immigration solicitor in Glasgow, he told us the documents we would need and in April we collected all passports and supporting documents. On May 2nd I went to see my solicitor and we applied for
FLR(O) based on my family life. We used the FLR(O) form and applied under SECTION 8L OTHER REASONS NOT COVERED - and submitted all documents listed below. The importance of a solicitor is that they prepare case law relating to your case to defend your rights as a partner and parent.

Supporting documents submitted with my application:

Partner's and daughter's British passports (ORIGINAL)
My Passport ( both expired and new one)
Daughter's British Birth certificate. (Original)
Joint tenancy agreements since 2010 -2013
Joint Council tax annual statements since 2010-2013
Joint utility bills since 2010-2013
Random online receipts stating delivery address as same since 2009
Partner's last 6 months bank statements.
Partner's P60s since 2010-2013
Partner's work payslips and contracts
Letter from GP stating when we registered as a family.
Letters of support from family and friends (as many as possible)
Photos of us as a family since 2009-2013
Birthday cards, Christmas cards, engagement cards, new home cards, fathers day cards, etc
Surgery appointment letters since pregnancy to present.
Personal emails we’ve exchanged (Partner and I) since May 2009 when we started dating.

If your case is similar to mine make sure you can prove that you've been living with your partner for 2 or more years. Get as many supporting letters from family and friends as possible. They don't only take you and your partner/daughter into account, but EVERY British citizen affected in the case (grandparents, friends, aunts, uncles, parents, etc)

My timeline is stated below.

It is NOT that expensive to get a solicitor, most solicitors offer an installment plan to help you pay it up. My solicitor in Glasgow charged me £1200 for his services he offered to let me pay in 2 installments of £600. He even told me that if we didn't get the visa then I would NOT have to pay the remaining £600 ("no win no fee" kind of thing) The application was £578. I know some solicitors can offer even smaller installments. We are not wealthy people, we had to save up for months to be able to pay this. Please be prepared - save up and get a solicitor to help you - PLEASE make sure that the solicitor you choose is registered with the LAW SOCIETY. Do NOT trust a solicitor who CANNOT prove this.

Every case is different - so please use this as a guide - THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE - THIS IS JUST MY STORY - AND MY PERSONAL ADVICE.

Good luck everyone! Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions or if you are in Scotland (Glasgow) and want my solicitors details!

abivas
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(O) SUCCESS STORIES - Share them here!

Post by abivas » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:56 am

Hi,
iam glasgow would u plz give solicitor details

thanks