ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR APPROVED WITH POLICE CAUTION - 01-05-13!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

panmetrix24
Newly Registered

ILR APPROVED WITH POLICE CAUTION - 01-05-13!

Post by panmetrix24 » Wed May 08, 2013 6:31 pm

First of all I would like to thank Gagan1986, Priyadri, Alanwong & all other senior members for all their help & support.

I booked my appointment at Solihull as recommended by members here.

Documents taken
- set(o) for me & my spouse as dependent
- passports
- Life in the UK certs for both
- 12 month pay slips, CW only took the latest
- 12 month bank statement, CW only took latest
- co-hab, took around 12-13 until march 2012 (that's when my wife joined me in the UK), CW only took council tax bill, random bank statements, water bill & current tenancy agreement.
- company letter confirming joining date, current salary, closest matching SoC code, (I used soc code 3422 for Fashion designer & related jobs, my actual job title is Sr. Garment Tech)
- company letter confirming total days outside the UK for work & holidays, it was only 127days!

Additional docs
- 5 yrs p60
- additional bank statements
- wp approval letter
- character certificates from friends, colleague & my cover letter ( this was taken in relation to the caution I had given, but CW didn't even bother asking for them)
- I had photocopy of all above docs (& softcopy on Dropbox just in case..:o))

-Our appointment was at 10am but we arrived at 9am, we travelled from Manchester the night before & stayed at a travel lodge nearby (didn't wanted to be late for the appointment due to traffic!!)
-They let us in early, after the security check we were given a token no.
- we were called in for case registration with a CW, he took the form, payment page was signed & sent away, passports ( originals & photocopy), then he read through the form quickly
- LUTUK certs were taken ( we both got all 24 answers right!)
- he then asked for company letter, current payslip, latest bank statement, no other docs were taken, though I also gave him the absence letter from my employer.
- after making some checks, he took the co-hab docs as mentioned above, ( CW looked at our marriage cert. but didn't take it)
- In Feb 2012, I was given a simple caution by the police for a shoplifting incident, as there is no space to write about the caution, I mentioned that on the empty space in section 7.
- after checking all the details on the form & docs, CW said that everything looks ok & your application should go through as long as biometrics are ok, he also said that "as you mentioned in section 7, if you have only received a caution & not a conviction it won't affect your application".
- we were then sent back to the main reception & asked to register for biometrics, all this took about an hour,
- as we sat in the waiting area for further 30mins, we were then told to go out and come back in 2hrs ( I was anticipating this as it would take longer then normal for my police record check.
- we had 2hrs to kill so went to the famous Balaji temple & prayed BIG TIME!! :o)
- went in after 2 hours, the receptionist asked for our token no. & gave our approval letter & original docs!!! & told us that biometric cards will be delivered within 7-10 days.
- we were out of there by 2pm
- I just received mine y'day & just awaiting my wife's, I thought she being my dependent we would receive them in the same post??

Again would like to thank all the members for their guidance & support! I was quite worried due to the new criminality threshold & had almost prepared to appoint a lawyer, whichever lawyer I enquired, they advised me against applying before 2yrs, but i still decided to take a chance & after Priyadri's experience I felt even more positive...so thanks again!!

Re appointment booking- I had booked my appointment on 19th march without paying the booking fees, when I called them after 6th April to pay the fees they said, your fees will be taken along with the main application fees on your appointment day, however I was not asked to pay any such amount during my visit, neither there is any debit to my account even after that...has anyone had similar experience?

- I felt Solihull peo was quite friendly & helpful, it doesn't feel like you are in a immigration office, the atmosphere is very calm & not at all tense. We will definitely recommend.

Feel free to MSG me, will be more than happy to answer whatever I can..

Best of luck to future applicants!

Thanks & regards.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Wed May 08, 2013 6:55 pm

Glad to hear all went well. Congrats

jameson
Newly Registered

Re: ILR APPROVED WITH POLICE CAUTION - 01-05-13!

Post by jameson » Sat May 25, 2013 5:30 pm

panmetrix24 wrote:First of all I would like to thank Gagan1986, Priyadri, Alanwong & all other senior members for all their help & support.

Documents taken
- passports
- co-hab, took around 12-13 until march 2012 (that's when my wife joined me in the UK), CW only took council tax bill, random bank statements, water bill & current tenancy agreement.
- company letter confirming joining date, current salary, closest matching SoC code, (I used soc code 3422 for Fashion designer & related jobs, my actual job title is Sr. Garment Tech)
- company letter confirming total days outside the UK for work & holidays, it was only 127days!

Additional docs
- 5 yrs p60
- wp approval letter
- character certificates from friends, colleague & my cover letter ( this was taken in relation to the caution I had given, but CW didn't even bother asking for them)

-Our appointment was at 10am but we arrived at 9am, we travelled from Manchester the night before & stayed at a travel lodge nearby (didn't wanted to be late for the appointment due to traffic!!)
- we were called in for case registration with a CW, he took the form, payment page was signed & sent away, passports ( originals & photocopy), then he read through the form quickly
- he then asked for company letter, current payslip, latest bank statement, no other docs were taken, though I also gave him the absence letter from my employer.
- after making some checks, he took the co-hab docs as mentioned above, ( CW looked at our marriage cert. but didn't take it)
- In Feb 2012, I was given a simple caution by the police for a shoplifting incident, as there is no space to write about the caution, I mentioned that on the empty space in section 7.
- after checking all the details on the form & docs, CW said that everything looks ok & your application should go through as long as biometrics are ok, he also said that "as you mentioned in section 7, if you have only received a caution & not a conviction it won't affect your application".
- we were then sent back to the main reception & asked to register for biometrics, all this took about an hour,
- as we sat in the waiting area for further 30mins, we were then told to go out and come back in 2hrs ( I was anticipating this as it would take longer then normal for my police record check.
- we had 2hrs to kill so went to the famous Balaji temple & prayed BIG TIME!! :o)
- went in after 2 hours, the receptionist asked for our token no. & gave our approval letter & original docs!!! & told us that biometric cards will be delivered within 7-10 days.
- I just received mine y'day & just awaiting my wife's, I thought she being my dependent we would receive them in the same post??

Again would like to thank all the members for their guidance & support! I was quite worried due to the new criminality threshold & had almost prepared to appoint a lawyer, whichever lawyer I enquired, they advised me against applying before 2yrs, but i still decided to take a chance & after Priyadri's experience I felt even more positive...so thanks again!!

Re appointment booking- I had booked my appointment on 19th march without paying the booking fees, when I called them after 6th April to pay the fees they said, your fees will be taken along with the main application fees on your appointment day, however I was not asked to pay any such amount during my visit, neither there is any debit to my account even after that...has anyone had similar experience?

- I felt Solihull peo was quite friendly & helpful, it doesn't feel like you are in a immigration office, the atmosphere is very calm & not at all tense. We will definitely recommend.

Thanks & regards.
Congrats!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat May 25, 2013 5:52 pm

Although I am happy that your application was successful I am concerned that the UKBA caseworkers appear clueless. This does not help when trying to offer advice to others. In fact it may encourage others to apply unnecessarily and face refusal.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat May 25, 2013 7:55 pm

panmetrix24 wrote:First of all I would like to thank Gagan1986, Priyadri, Alanwong & all other senior members for all their help & support.

Documents taken
- passports

Additional docs
- 5 yrs p60
- wp approval letter

Thanks & regards.
Congratulations. You are extremely lucky. My friend's ILR was refused at Solihull recently. CW has said that, Police caution would in his file for 2 years. This has come up in his Bio Metrics checks. Held up his application for 2 weeks and sent a letter of refusal.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat May 25, 2013 8:52 pm

Kevin24 wrote:

Documents taken
- passports

Additional docs
- 5 yrs p60
- wp approval letter

Thanks & regards.
Congratulations. You are extremely lucky. My friend's ILR was refused at Solihull recently. CW has said that, Police caution would in his file for 2 years. This has come up in his Bio Metrics checks. Held up his application for 2 weeks and sent a letter of refusal.
Yes Kevin and that should have been the result in the ops case but the caseworker seemed to disregard the caution without consideration. I expect had the application been a postal one it would have resulted in refusal.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

leony

Post by leony » Sun May 26, 2013 10:04 am

Hi

Congratulationls on your success

I am on Tier 1 general and I will apply for IRL at the end of this year.
I am looking at this and other posts and some applicants are providing cohabitation documents. Tenancy agreements water bills etc...

I am looking at the Set (o) form and guidance notes. Cannot see anything like this. My application is no different than my leave to remain applications.

They want more or less the same documents as previously and in none of my applications before I have provided anything extra apart from the ones listed on the application form.

Please advise

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun May 26, 2013 11:19 am

leony wrote:Hi

Congratulationls on your success

I am on Tier 1 general and I will apply for IRL at the end of this year.
I am looking at this and other posts and some applicants are providing cohabitation documents. Tenancy agreements water bills etc...

I am looking at the Set (o) form and guidance notes. Cannot see anything like this. My application is no different than my leave to remain applications.

They want more or less the same documents as previously and in none of my applications before I have provided anything extra apart from the ones listed on the application form.

Please advise
You need to provide 6 documents for proof of Co-Habitation evenly spread over 2 years. These documents are only required if you are applying ILR for your wife,along with you. If it is a single applicant not necessary.
KEVIN

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun May 26, 2013 11:40 am

D4109125 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:

Documents taken
- passports

Additional docs
- 5 yrs p60
- wp approval letter

Thanks & regards.
Yes Kevin and that should have been the result in the ops case but the caseworker seemed to disregard the caution without consideration. I expect had the application been a postal one it would have resulted in refusal.
Agree with you Amber.My friend's ILR application was refused because a Police Caution given after a domestic argument/dispute.Only a warning for shoplifting, no police caution and ILR approved.
KEVIN

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sun May 26, 2013 11:20 pm

congratulations for your ILR

panmetrix24
Newly Registered

Post by panmetrix24 » Mon May 27, 2013 2:31 pm

thanks everyone...
@D4109125, @Kevin24
There seems to be varied decisions on police cautions...CWs are not outright approving or refusing application with police caution...before I went for my appointment I knew 2-3 cases similar to mine who got their applications approved...& few were refused...I still decided to take the risk as I had no other option...
I consider myself extremely lucky in that case...thank God for that!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon May 27, 2013 2:35 pm

panmetrix24 wrote:thanks everyone...
@D4109125, @Kevin24
There seems to be varied decisions on police cautions...CWs are not outright approving or refusing application with police caution...before I went for my appointment I knew 2-3 cases similar to mine who got their applications approved...& few were refused...I still decided to take the risk as I had no other option...
I consider myself extremely lucky in that case...thank God for that!
Indeed, though the caseworker is supposed to refuse the application. I think they are using discretion when they shouldn't but like I said, I'm glad you were approved.