ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pepper04

Post by pepper04 » Wed May 08, 2013 3:50 pm

babycakes wrote:
shea wrote:

Yes I know its crazy, noone knows but the frightening thing is it seem so hard now a days both strong and weak applications are being dashed out at present it is very worrying. Before discretion was being applied but now I really cant say David Cameron is on a mission to rid all immigrants but i wish him luck as it wont be that easy as a lot of people has a solid family life and wont just go.
I used to think my husband case is strong but see how people being rejected with British spouse and kids scares the hell out of me but I know here is nothing God cannot do, I rest all my hope on him. I haven't even heard any good news for while now. God help us all
@shea that the same time i did mine oh my gosh! what is happening, in time he will hear good news dont worry.
I did my biometrics on the 7th of MArch and waiting. i am waiting to see the outcome from my letter to the ombudsman. I am definitely going to put in a request for my money. this service is not free therefore the service standards should be better than this.

Im not sure what the outcome is going to be. some good news would be appreciated ANYONE please !!!!!! :)

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Wed May 08, 2013 3:53 pm

Why lie wrote:hi all. just to update u guys on what happened today. i met with solicitor today to discuss my case, he showed me the refusal letter. apparently i was refused on many grounds, it was basically a 3 page letter. lol.
let me just brief it.

1: i did not have leave to remain at the time of application
2: i do not have sole responsibilities of my child
3:i haven't lived here for more than 20 years
4; i was not under 18 at the time of my application
5; i spent 21 years in my home country therefore i haven't lost any ties therefore i can go back.
6:they don't believe my relationship with my girlfriend is genuine

they concluded by saying..... we have carefully considered your application, however whilst we acknowledge that u may have a genuine and subsisting relationship with your partner and child, your application falls for refusal under eligibility requirements of the immigration rules as set out earlier which are mandatory requirements which apply to all applicants regardless of whether the EX.1. exemption criteria is met. As u have u have failed to meet those eligibility requirements, u cannot benefit from the criteria as set out at EX.1.

HOPE THIS HELPS U GUYS .
IM TAKING THEM TO COURT BECAUSE THE CLEARLY IGNORED THE BEST INTEREST OF MY CHILD.

yes please do they are clearly doing that lately, trying to deny you your right to watch your child grow up and the right for you child to have a dad to pick him up from school and all the other important things in the childs life bloody cheek who do they think they are.,dont give up fight for your child

pepper04

Post by pepper04 » Wed May 08, 2013 3:53 pm

Why lie wrote:hi all. just to update u guys on what happened today. i met with solicitor today to discuss my case, he showed me the refusal letter. apparently i was refused on many grounds, it was basically a 3 page letter. lol.
let me just brief it.

5; i spent 21 years in my home country therefore i haven't lost any ties therefore i can go back.

they concluded by saying..... we have carefully considered your application, however whilst we acknowledge that u may have a genuine and subsisting relationship with your partner and child, your application falls for refusal under eligibility requirements of the immigration rules as set out earlier which are mandatory requirements which apply to all applicants regardless of whether the EX.1. exemption criteria is met. As u have u have failed to meet those eligibility requirements, u cannot benefit from the criteria as set out at EX.1.

HOPE THIS HELPS U GUYS .
IM TAKING THEM TO COURT BECAUSE THE CLEARLY IGNORED THE BEST INTEREST OF MY CHILD.
Thats insane. it makes you wonder doesnt it. May i ask when you submitted your application. i cant remember did you say you had leave to remain before? Im just wondering if they are trying to enforce that rule from last OCtober that they will not look at any applications from over stayers. I dont know how true that is?

I do think you should appeal. Good luck hun

pepper04

Post by pepper04 » Wed May 08, 2013 3:53 pm

let me just brief it.

HOPE THIS HELPS U GUYS .
Thats insane. it makes you wonder doesnt it. May i ask when you submitted your application. i cant remember did you say you had leave to remain before? Im just wondering if they are trying to enforce that rule from last OCtober that they will not look at any applications from over stayers. I dont know how true that is?

I do think you should appeal. Good luck hun

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Wed May 08, 2013 4:01 pm

@why lie

so sorry to hear about the outcome but from what research ive made i know if you take them to court you will deffo win the case they just wasting time...the ukba got the silly habit of thinking any application from overstayers involving relationship/kids are mainly to get visa and not genuine...but i am 100% sure you will win ur appeal by the way was you granted appeal right?

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Wed May 08, 2013 4:30 pm

rec212

Post by rec212 » Wed May 08, 2013 5:36 pm

I guess we are all going to court then :)
Second FLR(o) sent: 5th June
Acknowledgement: 13th June
Bio dated: 13th June
Bio sent: 27th June
Waiting:...

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Wed May 08, 2013 5:58 pm

rec212 wrote:I guess we are all going to court then :)
oh my god ! is this for real what happened could you tell me what grounds you applied on and what grounds ungot refused on.

oh no!

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Wed May 08, 2013 6:39 pm

babycakes wrote:
oh my god ! is this for real what happened could you tell me what grounds you applied on and what grounds ungot refused on.

oh no!
I know that there are quite a number of members on this forum who have been following my posts, so I think I should inform you guys of the recent development concerning my dealings with the Home Office. First, I am pleased to inform you all that I have been granted 30 months leave to remain based on Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. In the letter of grant which I just picked up from my solicitor's office a couple of hours ago, it states that the reasons for the grant are: (a) they are satisfied from the information I provided that while I am not the biological father of my partner's child, my partner and her child have been naturalised and I have married my partner, (b) In view of the child's length of residence, they are not satisfied that it would be reasonable to expect the child to leave the United Kingdom and because of our particular circumstances, they have granted me leave within the immigration rules under D-LTRP.1.2 of Appendix FM.

My battle with the Home Office has been a very lengthy one, and the process has cost me £4,608 in legal fees/home office application fee. I think it is important for me to explain my situation in detail:

In 2005 I met my partner, she had applied asylum in 2002. She was on legacy. In 2008, without any of us having status, we decided to get married in our church because even though neither of us had status, we wanted to live together as husband and wife. She had a child with her late husband and the child had become used to me and we wanted to give her some sort of stability by getting married and moving in together. In October 2009 (that was a year after our church wedding), the Home Office decided to grant her ILR on legacy. After she had been granted, that was only when I consulted a solicitor so that I can then regularise my own status. I consulted a solicitor in London in February 2010. Even though it had taken me 3 years to get my status, I still believe that this solicitor made such a wonderful representation on my behalf. I will be using them until I get my ILR in 10 years time.

In May 2010, my solicitor put in an FLR(O) on my behalf, this was based on Article 8. On July 7, 2010 this application was refused and right of appeal was not given. This was when the battle began - my solicitors wrote several letters, many of which the Home Office did not bother to reply. In July 2010, my solicitor asked the Home Office to review and reconsider the decision to refuse my application. In November 2010, the Home Office reviewed the decision but maintained its decision to refuse the application.

In July 2011, I contacted my MP (Theresa May). She asked me why don't I go and applied from my country. I told her bluntly that I have family here in the UK and it would be unreasonable to expect me to leave my family behind. In May 2011 we received an email from the Home Office telling us that they would reconsider the refusal "without unnecessary delay". In August 2011, I received a letter from Immigration Minister, Damian Green telling me that they can not expedite my reconsideration unless there is exceptional compassionate circumstances. Coincidentally, at the time I was seeing a psychologist, and the psychologist wrote that the main cause of my depression and anxiety is my immigration status in the UK. In September 2011, the Immigration Minister wrote back, saying that the depression and anxiety I suffer from is not compassionate enough, so they can not expedite action on my case.

In November 2011, my solicitor put in an EEA application based on Zambrano. After a very long wait, in March 2013 Zambrano was refused and appeal right given. We are appealing and the hearing has been fixed for 9th August 2013.

In frustration, I wrote letters, emails to the Home Secretary who is my MP. I called the Home Office every couple of months and the answer was always the same - "case under consideration, so you have to wait, UKBA will contact you". In February I wrote an email to the UKBA complaint department. In April I received a letter from the complaint department saying that a case worker is dealing with my case and the outcome would be communicated to me shortly. I bombarded my MP's office with emails. My MP's office contacted me in April to say that the Home Office has said to them that they are dealing with my case and they would get back to me shortly.

My mother became very unwell from March 27, 2013 and on the same day, I contacted my MP's office and demanded an urgent meeting with my MP. I informed them about my mother's illness. On April 30, 2013, I lost my mother whom I lost saw 10 years ago.

On May 3, 2013 a caseworker at the Home Office contacted my solicitor to say that they are looking at the human right element of my application and that the solicitor should fax a copy of a letter of representation which my solicitor had sent to them in October 2012. Immediately, my solicitor faxed the letter with attachments and she called me to update me.

Today, May 8th 2013, my solicitor contacted me that she had received a letter from the Home Office granting me 30 months leave to remain based on Appendix FM as stated above. No sooner had I received the call, within an hour and half, I was already in her office to collect the letter and fill out the Biometric Residence Card Form which she will be posting out to the Home Office tomorrow together with a copy of my mother's death certificate so that they can process the Biometric Residence Card without delay as my family is waiting for me, they can not bury my mother in my absence.

Dealing with the Home Office has been a nightmare and I would not wish it on my worst enemy. It has taken me 3 years.

I want to thank everyone whose word of encouragement has kept me sane. I knew nothing about immigration law until I joined this forum, today I can confidently say that I have learnt a lot from all of you. There are too many people to thank. I want to especially thank Mutly, Vinny, and all those whose names I cant remember at the moment.

You guy have been fantastic and I often wondered how I managed to cope for 3 years dealing with the UKBA. You guys made it easy for me.

Lots of love to you all.

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Wed May 08, 2013 7:08 pm

Prince74 wrote:
babycakes wrote:

oh no!
I know that there are quite a number of members on this forum who have been following my posts, so I think I should inform you guys of the recent development concerning my dealings with the Home Office. First, I am pleased to inform you all that I have been granted 30 months leave to remain based on Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. In the letter of grant which I just picked up from my solicitor's office a couple of hours ago, it states that the reasons for the grant are: (a) they are satisfied from the information I
provided that while I am not the biological father of my partner's child, my partner and her child have been naturalised and I have married my partner, (b) In view of the child's length of residence, they are not satisfied that it would be reasonable to expect the child to leave the United Kingdom and because of our particular circumstances, they have granted me leave within the immigration rules under D-LTRP.1.2 of Appendix FM.

My battle with the Home Office has been a very lengthy one, and the process has cost me £4,608 in legal fees/home office application fee. I think it is important for me to explain my situation in detail:

In 2005 I met my partner, she had applied asylum in 2002. She was on legacy. In 2008, without any of us having status, we decided to get married in our church because even though neither of us had status, we wanted to live together as husband and wife. She had a child with her late husband and the child had become used to me and we wanted to give her some sort of stability by getting married and moving in together. In October 2009 (that was a year after our church wedding), the Home Office decided to grant her ILR on legacy. After she had been granted, that was only when I consulted a solicitor so that I can then regularise my own status. I consulted a solicitor in London in February 2010. Even though it had taken me 3 years to get my status, I still believe that this solicitor made such a wonderful representation on my behalf. I will be using them until I get my ILR in 10 years time.

In May 2010, my solicitor put in an FLR(O) on my behalf, this was based on Article 8. On July 7, 2010 this application was refused and right of appeal was not given. This was when the battle began - my solicitors wrote several letters, many of which the Home Office did not bother to reply. In July 2010, my solicitor asked the Home Office to review and reconsider the decision to refuse my application. In November 2010, the Home Office reviewed the decision but maintained its decision to refuse the application.

In July 2011, I contacted my MP (Theresa May). She asked me why don't I go and applied from my country. I told her bluntly that I have family here in the UK and it would be unreasonable to expect me to leave my family behind. In May 2011 we received an email from the Home Office telling us that they would reconsider the refusal "without unnecessary delay". In August 2011, I received a letter from Immigration Minister, Damian Green telling me that they can not expedite my reconsideration unless there is exceptional compassionate circumstances. Coincidentally, at the time I was seeing a psychologist, and the psychologist wrote that the main cause of my depression and anxiety is my immigration status in the UK. In September 2011, the Immigration Minister wrote back, saying that the depression and anxiety I suffer from is not compassionate enough, so they can not expedite action on my case.

In November 2011, my solicitor put in an EEA application based on Zambrano. After a very long wait, in March 2013 Zambrano was refused and appeal right given. We are appealing and the hearing has been fixed for 9th August 2013.

In frustration, I wrote letters, emails to the Home Secretary who is my MP. I called the Home Office every couple of months and the answer was always the same - "case under consideration, so you have to wait, UKBA will contact you". In February I wrote an email to the UKBA complaint department. In April I received a letter from the complaint department saying that a case worker is dealing with my case and the outcome would be communicated to me shortly. I bombarded my MP's office with emails. My MP's office contacted me in April to say that the Home Office has said to them that they are dealing with my case and they would get back to me shortly.

My mother became very unwell from March 27, 2013 and on the same day, I contacted my MP's office and demanded an urgent meeting with my MP. I informed them about my mother's illness. On April 30, 2013, I lost my mother whom I lost saw 10 years ago.

On May 3, 2013 a caseworker at the Home Office contacted my solicitor to say that they are looking at the human right element of my application and that the solicitor should fax a copy of a letter of representation which my solicitor had sent to them in October 2012. Immediately, my solicitor faxed the letter with attachments and she called me to update me.

Today, May 8th 2013, my solicitor contacted me that she had received a letter from the Home Office granting me 30 months leave to remain based on Appendix FM as stated above. No sooner had I received the call, within an hour and half, I was already in her office to collect the letter and fill out the Biometric Residence Card Form which she will be posting out to the Home Office tomorrow together with a copy of my mother's death certificate so that they can process the Biometric Residence Card without delay as my family is waiting for me, they can not bury my mother in my absence.

Dealing with the Home Office has been a nightmare and I would not wish it on my worst enemy. It has taken me 3 years.

I want to thank everyone whose word of encouragement has kept me sane. I knew nothing about immigration law until I joined this forum, today I can confidently say that I have learnt a lot from all of you. There are too many people to thank. I want to especially thank Mutly, Vinny, and all those whose names I cant remember at the moment.

You guy have been fantastic and I often wondered how I managed to cope for 3 years dealing with the UKBA. You guys made it easy for me.

Lots of love to you all.
@prince74

WOW!!! Your story indeed is mind blowing. All I can say is you fought a fight of faith and courage.
Today you can enjoy ur freedom!!!!
Congrats to you.

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Wed May 08, 2013 7:27 pm

j
Prince74 wrote:
babycakes wrote:

oh no!
I know that there are quite a number of members on this forum who have been following my posts, so I think I should inform you guys of the recent development concerning my dealings with the Home Office. First, I am pleased to inform you all that I have been granted 30 months leave to remain based on Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. In the letter of grant which I just picked up from my solicitor's office a couple of hours ago, it states that the reasons for the grant are: (a) they are satisfied from the information I provided that while I am not the biological father of my partner's child, my partner and her child have been naturalised and I have married my partner, (b) In view of the child's length of residence, they are not satisfied that it would be reasonable to expect the child to leave the United Kingdom and because of our particular circumstances, they have granted me leave within the immigration rules under D-LTRP.1.2 of Appendix FM.

Lots of love to you all.

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Wed May 08, 2013 7:33 pm

babycakes wrote:j
Prince74 wrote:
babycakes wrote:

oh no!

Lots of love to you all.

CONGRATS

Hi prince your story sent shiver down my spine!
you did it you stood strong and face your challenges ,well done, at least now you can go and lay your mom to rest in peace.My condolences to you and your family.

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Wed May 08, 2013 7:55 pm

Prince74 wrote:
babycakes wrote:

oh no!

Lots of love to you all.
am the most happiest of all prince74.i have really learn a lot since i met you on this forum.you have been a wonderful friend and thank you so much for assisting me financially for my appeal fee.am so happy for you and have been celebrating since you rang me this morning.my condolence to mama.may allah grant her aljanah fidau.amin

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Wed May 08, 2013 8:19 pm

wow what a story im soo happy for you finally ......... GOD has plans for all of us thats for sure......happy new life

Tuga

Congrats!!!

Post by Tuga » Wed May 08, 2013 9:02 pm

Prince74 wrote:
babycakes wrote:

oh no!

Lots of love to you all.
Congrats Prince74 for your success story...We are rather grateful for all your contributions on this forum. You have been such an inspiration and your candid opinion on issues have been spot on.

I personally hope you will continue to contribute to the forum even after going through such an ordeal. You have been really helpful.

I must say that your story has been very touching and emotional and I am really sorry about your Mum's death.

Thank God you are free now and I wish you all the best in your future endeavours!!

God Bless!!

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Wed May 08, 2013 9:43 pm

Congrats bro you well deserve this .

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Wed May 08, 2013 9:50 pm

yahwadud wrote:
Prince74 wrote:
babycakes wrote:

oh no!

Lots of love to you all.
am the most happiest of all prince74.i have really learn a lot since i met you on this forum.you have been a wonderful friend and thank you so much for assisting me financially for my appeal fee.am so happy for you and have been celebrating since you rang me this morning.my condolence to mama.may allah grant her aljanah fidau.amin
God is on our side. Do not fret!

pepper04

Post by pepper04 » Wed May 08, 2013 9:52 pm

babycakes wrote:j
Prince74 wrote:
babycakes wrote:

oh no!

Lots of love to you all.
Awww congratulations Hun. You deserve to be happy. Well done, you fave been a valuable source if info on this forum and another forum I follow. I'm sorry about your mom's passing. I hope you can travel soon and see your family and I hope the funeral goes well. Xx

Al Haqq

Prince

Post by Al Haqq » Wed May 08, 2013 11:44 pm

Congratulations Prince

teebaby

Post by teebaby » Wed May 08, 2013 11:46 pm

Congrats Prince n May God grant ur mum Eternal...

ale001

Post by ale001 » Wed May 08, 2013 11:48 pm

justice12 wrote:Sound like the 3 of us are April 2012 applicants and we R still waiting !!
I'm April 2012 too. :D
Ale001

ale001

Post by ale001 » Wed May 08, 2013 11:50 pm

rec212 wrote:
oishola77778 wrote: regardless of you been in receipt of a removal notice, I would suggest you go ahead with your appeal accordingly, this places you in a stronger position in face of law ( you have done the right thing and homeoffice not complying), you will find that they usually will come up with an address where they have issued the notice if at all issued, this I so much doubt.

Another possibility is, if you have ever in cause of your application given them address of a solicitor representing you, they usually use that as an escape route, funny enough once a solicitor is no longer representing you they just address it back to sender, which technically is no trace on home office record.

if you want further clarification, ring UKBA ON 08706067766 and make further enquiries, don't worry as they have nothing to do to you.
Thank you so much for your message, it was really helpful :)
I use solicitor address too. I don't use my personal address.... Does it have any implication for using solicitor address?
Ale001

KFM
Newly Registered

Post by KFM » Thu May 09, 2013 12:26 am

ale001 wrote:
justice12 wrote:Sound like the 3 of us are April 2012 applicants and we R still waiting !!

My ex-wife was March 2012, her biometric was done in April 17th 2012 and no news since. My 2 kids British passport has been with UKBA since and am thinking about calling them to get it back

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Thu May 09, 2013 9:33 am

ale001 wrote:
:lol: seems like they have abandon the april 2012 applications lets see.

My application was received at the UKBA 20.04.12
when was your received?
I am doing an extension flro.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Thu May 09, 2013 10:55 am

@Times and Shea...don't despair as all shall surely come to pass...I'm also on the same boat with u and it has been a good 3months.All I know is that God will see me through this.

@Prince...congratulations for the 3yrs battle is over and now u surrounded by freedom.All the best with the futures and enjoy every moment of it.

@Why...Never give up,just keeping fighting for God will fight for u in court.Go there with ur head held high an all the best.